CA CA - Andrew Urdiales - Charged In Five Calif. Murders, 1986-95

chicagofa13

Reaction score
Several cold cases solved!! I did a search for the perp and all the victims here on WS. Didn't find anything, but I have erred in the past, so mods feel free to merge if there is already a thread.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32312701/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A convicted triple murderer was charged Wednesday with the killings of five Southern California women in cases dating back to the mid-1980s.

Orange County prosecutors accused Andrew Urdiales, 45, of murders in Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties. He was convicted in Illinois in 2002 of killing two women and in 2004 for a third murder.
snip...

In Southern California, Urdiales will be tried in the murders of 23-year-old Robbin Brandley, who was stabbed 41 times while leaving a jazz piano concert in 1986; 29-year-old Julie McGhee, 31-year-old Maryann Wells, and 20-year-old Tammie Erwin, all of whom were shot; and Denise Maney, 32, who was tied up, sexually assaulted and stabbed to death. snip...

Sounds like a SK and a good thing he was caught when he was. Psycho.

He has killed at least 8 women - I agree Chicago - they stopped a SK. I wonder just how many he did kill. After all, he IS 45 yrs. old...He probably has been killing for 20 years...

For more than 20 years!! The other cases were in the 80's! This guy was off my radar, never heard of him. Glad we have DNA and cold case detectives willing to put the pieces together.

This guy killed women in IL and CA, I wonder if he lived anywhere else?

That is a good question Boyz Mum, however I get the impression that this guy would have been eager to gain notoriety for every act of evil during the confession stage. He seems to relish his status as a serial killer. However, he does appear to not to want to die himself so perhaps he is keeping some crimes under his breath to use as exchange for a sentence commutation to life or something. Can that happen after the sentencing phase?
Who knows, this guys appears to be as heartless as they come, so he very well could have committed more murders than what he has been accused of. We shall see what investigators come up with.
One final thought, Chicago is very close to Milwaukee, and they are trying to solve a number of killings I believe of prostitutes, perhaps there could be a link, but I'm fuzzy on the details of those killings...

Never mind on the Milwaukee idea. It looks like he was arrested well before some of the crimes here occurred and the suspect in this case has never been arrested for a felony.

What I've read, said he was a marine. Does LE cover the places where a person in such a position have traveled?

Maybe he is a person who would reveal everything once caught, but I would have reservations believing anything out of his mouth. I wonder if their were other rapes he committed before he started killing?

What I've read, said he was a marine. Does LE cover the places where a person in such a position have traveled?

Maybe he is a person who would reveal everything once caught, but I would have reservations believing anything out of his mouth. I wonder if their were other rapes he committed before he started killing?

They would have worked with NCIS to connect the dots they have on this filth. He only got an honorable discharge because he wasn't caught sooner. He's just another that was able to benefit from DNA and ballistic technologies playing catch-up during his spree.

I saw this on 48 Hours last night. My goodness, what a sadistic moron Andrew Urdiales is!!!! Poor Jennifer Asberson for what she went thru, but thank God she lived and survived even if it meant being in a mental institution for four years out of fear for her life. Urdiales is presently on Illinois Death Row.

Crimes Commited by Andrew Urdiales:

* Late 1980s - Urdiales has confessed to the murder of
a prostitute in San Diego sometime between 1987 and 1989. The victim was a
white female in her late 20s or early 30s. Urdiales told police he shot her.

* July 17, 1988 - Cathedral City, Calif., police find Julie McGhee, 30, a
local prostitute, shot in a remote area of town.
Police say evidence found at the scene matches Urdiales' confession; murder charges
are pending.

* April 15, 1989 - Palm Springs police find Tammie Erwin, a 19-year-old
prostitute, dead of gunshot wounds.

* Date unknown, 1991 - Orange County Sheriff's Police investigate the murder of a
student at Saddleback Community College in Mission Viejo. The victim had no
known history of prostitution and had been stabbed.

* March 11, 1995 - Palm Springs police find Denise Maney, a 32-year-old
prostitute, dead of several wounds, possibly from a knife or a gun.

* Sept. 28, 1992 - Desert Hot Springs, Calif.
kidnapped and raped 19-year-old Jennifer Asbenson, after she took a ride to work from a stranger.

* April 14, 1996 - Lori Uylaki, 25, of Hammond shot and stabbed, dumped in Wolf Lake on the Illinois/Indiana border.

* July 13, 1996 - Cassandra "Cassie" Corum, 21, of Hammond, was found in
the Vermillion River in Livingston County, Ill. she was shot.

* Aug. 2, 1996 - Lynn Huber, 22, of Chicago, also found dead in Wolf Lake killed by gun shot wounds and stabbed.

http://skcentral.com/articles.php?article_id=3

Andrew Urdiales sentence was changed to life without parole.

IMO This man killed many more women. He has nothing to loose to talk now but with a life without parole he might begin to talk for privileges. Many of them do. I guess time will tell.

VITALS for Andrew Urdiales
Date of Birth: 06-04-1964
Weight: 172 lbs.
Hair: Black (In the pictures I have seen his head is shaved)
Sex: Male
Height: 5 ft. 09 in.
Race: Hispanic
Eyes: Brown

They called him "Corporal Urinalysis" when Andrew Urdiales was in the Marines. He was said to have an "odd twitch", and that he couldn't carry on even small talk with business owners at the stores and restaurants he frequented near the Southest Side home he shared with his parents at 9709 S. Commercial Ave in Chicago, IL.

Jennifer Asbenson, the only survivor, was on an episode of I Survived this weekend. It was an amazing story. Too bad authorities did not take her seriously after she escaped. Might have saved the others from becoming his victims later.

Jennifer Asbenson, the only survivor, was on an episode of I Survived this weekend. It was an amazing story. Too bad authorities did not take her seriously after she escaped. Might have saved the others from becoming his victims later.

I hate that I missed that. She went through H$}}. It is ashame. Lives could have been saved.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/death-323881-murder-county.html

SANTA ANA – Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announced this week that his office will seek the death penalty against two accused killers, including a convicted triple murderer from Illinois who is now charged with killing five Southern California women during a crime spree between 1986 and 1995.

The trial for Andrew Urdiales, 47, who is charged with five felony counts of special circumstances murder for committing multiple murders, has been consolidated in Orange County even though four of his alleged victims were killed in Riverside and San Diego counties.

He is accused in Orange County of murdering Robbin Brandley, 23, on Jan. 18, 1986 by stabbing her 41 times in the back, neck, hands and chest when he accosted her as she left a jazz concert at Saddleback College. Urdiales allegedly drove to the Mission Viejo campus armed with a six-inch blade hunting knife looking for a random victim to murder, prosecutors said.

Urdiales was subsequently linked by DNA evidence to murders of four women in the surrounding counties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back