WA WA - Angela Meeker, 13, Tacoma, 7 July 1979

Richard

Reaction score
Angela Mae Meeker

Missing since July 7, 1979 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 9, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 109 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, shoulder length hair; hazel eyes. Right-handed.
Marks, Scars: Dark mole on her left lower cheek, by her mouth.
Dentals: Dental X-rays available.
Clothing: Blue jeans, flowered black top, red or blue satin jacket and a distinctive black felt hat with red feathers and sandals.
AKA: Angie
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Meeker was last seen on July 7, 1979 in Tacoma, Washington. Angela Meeker, who had run away from home in the past, disappeared on her way to the Tacoma Mall to buy a birthday card for a friend. Since, there have been no contacts or verified sightings of Meeker. Foul play is suspected.

Police did little investigating at first because of the teenager's history of running away and truancy. It wasn't until two years later that she was formally listed as a missing person.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Tacoma Police Department
Detective Dave Debault
253-591-5905
253-591-5694
Email
http://www.cityoftacoma.org/Page.aspx

Agency Case Number: 79191392
NCMEC #: NCMC603013
NCIC Number: M-305699258

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

California Department of Justice
Seattle Post-Intelligencer
WASPC
Seattle PI
NCMEC
The Doe Network: Case File 1351DFWA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1351dfwa.html

At first I didn't think this photo from Rodney Alcala's collection looked like her but then I looked at the chin and I think this could be a match! Does anyone know if Angela still has family living and if so, have they seen this photo?

ETA-
If the timeline below is correct and if this is Angela - she disappeared July 7th, 1979 (two days before her birthday) - Alcala would have made a trip to Washington State between the two things that happened below in California. Very possible. Here is the info and a link to the site:

June 20, 1979
– Robin Samsoe, 12, disappears near the Huntington Beach Pier. Her body is found 12 days later in the Sierra Madre foothills.

July 24, 1979
— Rodney James Alcala, an unemployed photographer, is arrested at his parents’ Monterey Park home.
LINK:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/03/serial-killer-rodney-alcala-sentenced-to-death-.html

Attachments

• angelamaemeeker.jpg
    angelamaemeeker.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 76
  • rodney alcala photo.jpg
    rodney alcala photo.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 75
Okay well, I called about this and kept getting referred to different people. So I ended up leaving a voice mail on the last number and am waiting for a call back.

woo hoo! Got a call back - that was fast! - and I emailed this off.
If nothing else, they can rule them out as being the same person!
Will update if I hear back.

I was Angie's bestfriend at the time of her disappearance. though there is a slight resembelince .i can assure you this is not angie.. i wish this would of been the break we needed to help my friend fid her way home after all these years. but unfortunatley it was not . I am very appreciative for you interest and efforts in this matter and hope you all will continue with the help of your eyes and ears and exspecially your hearts.
thank you for all that you do..

missing my bestfriend ,but will never forget or give up...my prayers are with all the families whom are missing someone they love. dont ever give up!!!!!

still searching in washington state
lisa

Hi Unique1965!
Thank you for posting that info. Is there any more information, a facebook page, or any other place we can gather information from (that we don't already have)?
Angela caught my eye mostly because we are the same age and I had a friend go missing a year later (she was found murdered) so I know it's difficult! I'm sorry for your pain. Anything ideas what we can do to help?
Thank you!

Angela has been missing for over 31 years now...

So HEARTBREAKING.:prayer:

Given the date she went missing I wouldn't rule out Alcala as the monster that picked her up. He was in a frenzy after the heat was on for the Robin Samsoe murder and before his arrest, he did drive up to Washington to lock up his "sick stash" during that time frame.:furious: :frown:

Where is Angela Meeker? Missing 34 years this week. :(

Angela was last seen at the Tacoma Mall in the 1700 block of south 41st Street in Tacoma, Washington on July 7, 1979, two days before her fourteenth birthday. She had gone to the mall to buy a birthday card for a friend, and never returned home.

meeker_angela2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meeker_angela.html

Hello,

My name is Alexandra, I have been a member for awhile but this is my first post. I'm pregnant and on bed rest, so am finally able to relax to do some sleuthing :)

This case saddens me...I was always in trouble, skipping school etc, and am particularly drawn to cases such as this

I have been looking through the doenetwork, and came upon this...something about the face shape struck me as similar, age/height are a little off though. Worth a shot, and according to site, Angela has not been ruled out as of yet.

Any thoughts?

- Alexandra

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1879

did LotsaLatte ever get a call back about the girl in post #5? That has got to be her, or a twin. I saw Unique1965's post that says it is not her, but it sure looks exactly like her. I don't often see resemblances that others do, but this one, like whoa - that's got to be her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back