Ramsey Campaign: What's happening?

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone have any idea how the Ramsey campaign is faring? I clicked on the website and it hasn't been updated in ages.

Did Ramsey drop out of the race?

Show Me said:
Anyone have any idea how the Ramsey campaign is faring? I clicked on the website and it hasn't been updated in ages.

Did Ramsey drop out of the race?

Why are you surprised that it hasn't been updated? You know the Ramseys are computer illiterate! :)

Seriously though,Ive been wondering the same thing.
I get the feeling that John was surprised by alot of the (justified) "negative" attention (although honestly how could he be??)and it put quite the wrench in the works(God willing!)

http://www.supportramsey.com/default.asp?siteID=16

June 16th Letter
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16th, 2004

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you.

I am writing you today to update you on my health status and talk a little about John’s campaign. This past weekend I participated in the national Relay for Life Cancer benefit in Cheboygan, MI. It was a wonderful experience in a community that we have been spending a great deal of time in.

As you know, I am celebrating eleven years as a survivor and praying for many more. With regard to this tough battle, two weeks ago I took Chemotherapy #4 and had a severe adverse reaction. Today I will take treatment #5 in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital so that I can be closely monitored. The good news is that I am responding very well to the chemotherapy and the tumor is shrinking! We are praising God for that!

The bad news is that I will be unable to assist with the campaign while I am in the hospital. In light of the fact that I have to deal with the aftermath of two more chemo treatments, I won’t be able to physically handle all the things I’ve been doing for John’s campaign lately – like going door-to-door, handing out literature in parades, and most importantly, fundraising.

So… I NEED YOUR HELP !

Because of our unique situation, we have to do a significant amount media in order to get our message out and correct past misperceptions. We are currently ahead in the most recent poll that was run, but we are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics. In order to fight this, it requires a great deal of fundraising effort. The Primary Election is seven weeks from today, therefore we need help from supporters such as you. And we need your help now. Your contributions will help us pay for important television, radio, and direct mail advertising.

Thank you very much to the numerous people who have donated so far, both online and in the mail. Your support is appreciated in this critical time.

If you have not yet helped us in this important effort, or have not yet sent the maximum of $500 per person, please help by making an online donation to the Friends to Elect Ramsey by clicking here. If you prefer, you can send as big a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey – 106 W. Carpenter St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.

I simply can’t be everywhere and I am not going to be able to spend time on the telephone talking with each of your while I am in chemotherapy. But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!

Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. I’ll let you know how the next two chemos go. God bless.

Love,

Patsy

I have cancer, send money, I have cancer, send money, I have cancer, send money

Yes, Patsy, you certainly help your case for not having written the ransom note, when it ends with "It is up to you now John!" and your chatty little letter to voters ends with "But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!"

why_nutt said:
Yes, Patsy, you certainly help your case for not having written the ransom note, when it ends with "It is up to you now John!" and your chatty little letter to voters ends with "But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!"

Did you get my IB?

"If we monitor you getting the money early, ..."

" You and your family are under constant sc[r]utiny..." -RN

This is why I want them in the public eye, more beans spilled.

"so that I can be closely monitored."

Honestly, aside from "give us money" what I got out of that letter was The Ramsey's setting the stage for John's exit............."In light of my Wife's serious illness I must resign from the race to care for her and our son Burke blah blah blah" :hand:

Yeah RR I HAD to ask. :dance: Didn't think Patsy would respond this quickly (LOL).

Thank you all for your input...I think Messiecake is right. Patsy's cancer will be the 'reason' John pulls out of the race.

Brother Moon...good catch, I'm going to go read Adam's post.

Ned...it's I have cancer, send $500, I have cancer, send other checks to. Yep....a broken record, sounds a bit like the ransom note theme.

Tricia said:
Brother Moon, you and Adam at CS are on the same track.

Read Adam's comparison here.

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004820

Ten out of the first eleven sentences either begin with "I" or "I" is the major subject. The letter ends with a flurry of "I's".= Infantile retentive narcissism.

"I need your help"

"Help me Jesus."

Tricia, as much as it irks you to see the R's on the verge of advancing in social status, you must admit the bully pulpit they stand to accede will give ample opportunity for more oral and written gems from Patsy. No?

And always, praise a super natural being, they like that sort of thing, so I hear.

I wonder if John is keeping records of his campaign money and expendatures? And if so are the records consider public info or private?

Why doesn't a journalist delve into the foundation funds from DOI? I know I didn't buy the only copy.

Oh where are all the DECENT, GOOD REAL JOURNALIST? Did the breed die out? for all I've heard is the same stupid hype swallowed up by the gullible journalist and spewed out in news articles so misinformed and boring.

They must be SCARED of Lin Wood....

A challenge to any journalist is to get to the TRUTH and not take the word of murder suspect.

But nooooooooooooo....let's play it safe and screw the Michigan voters, who will be pissed if John gets elected.

Show Me said:
I wonder if John is keeping records of his campaign money and expendatures? And if so are the records consider public info or private?

The information is public, but he won't have to file until after the primary. Major contributors are listed by name.

JMO

Show Me said:
Oh where are all the DECENT, GOOD REAL JOURNALIST? Did the breed die out? for all I've heard is the same stupid hype swallowed up by the gullible journalist and spewed out in news articles so misinformed and boring.

They must be SCARED of Lin Wood....

A challenge to any journalist is to get to the TRUTH and not take the word of murder suspect.

But nooooooooooooo....let's play it safe and screw the Michigan voters, who will be pissed if John gets elected.

I nominate Michigan native Michael Moore to delve into the Ramsey mystic.

BrotherMoon said:
Tricia, as much as it irks you to see the R's on the verge of advancing in social status, you must admit the bully pulpit they stand to accede will give ample opportunity for more oral and written gems from Patsy. No?
Yes. I agree with you, BrotherMoon. More rope. They just need more rope.

popcorn said:
I nominate Michigan native Michael Moore to delve into the Ramsey mystic.

Ahhhh Michael Moore! Wouldn't he have a great time with the Ramseys!!! He can take us on a 'poverty' tour of the Ramsey's homes...explore the creative 'book keeping' practices of John and Patsy.

Thanks BC...didn't know we have to wait until after the primary. Gives John a chance to blow some cash and then drop out to take care of Patsy.

Show Me said:
Thanks BC...didn't know we have to wait until after the primary. Gives John a chance to blow some cash and then drop out to take care of Patsy.

Show Me,

I know you say that with TIC, but it's a realworld problem with campaign contributions, and it pisses me off.

In the higher offices, such as the U.S Congress, candidates can accumulate a war chest of over a million bucks, and then decide to retire. They legally get to keep the money for themselves, even though it was contributed to support the candidate's election effort. The money should instead be turned over to the district from which the candidate represented and used to improve the board of elections (new voting machines, etc.).

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back