Police chief buys birthday cakes for notorious criminals

Paintr

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206509/Police-chief-buys-birthday-cakes-notorious-criminals--sees-crime-fall-fifth.html?ITO=1490

A police chief is successfully cutting crime in his area with a scheme that sees him hand-delivering cakes to criminals.
Chief Inspector Andy Boyd targets the Thames Valley region's worst offenders with the cakes, which he delivers personally on their birthdays.

Each cake is accompanied by a card that reads: 'On your birthday we wish you well, we would hate to see you in a cell. Time to change your ways, go straight, if you don't, you know your fate.'

You just know that if a police chief did that here or in the USA, he would probably be sued for police harrassment, LOL!

LOL love that story paintr~thanks for posting it :)

There aren't enough flour and eggs in the world to do that for our criminals!

Plus, frankly, I think it's stupid and annoying. Nice to be the law-abiding citizen next door watching the low-life neighbor get a cake on top of not being under arrest.

There aren't enough flour and eggs in the world to do that for our criminals!

Plus, frankly, I think it's stupid and annoying. Nice to be the law-abiding citizen next door watching the low-life neighbor get a cake on top of not being under arrest.

I'm sorry, Steadfast. Didn't mean to annoy you. My apologies.

I'm sorry, Steadfast. Didn't mean to annoy you. My apologies.

I'm glad you posted it.

If it works for them, then I hope he keeps doing it. Doing it our way, the crime seems to just keep getting worse. So if it works, let him go for it.

I know if it was me and the chief delivered me a cake with that message on my birthday, it would make me paranoid. Make me feel like people were watching me, making me less likely to do anything cause I figure they might see. Maybe it wouldn't stop a hardened criminal, but maybe it would at least make them slow down for a while, or make them nervous enough to make mistakes.

I'm glad you posted it.

If it works for them, then I hope he keeps doing it. Doing it our way, the crime seems to just keep getting worse. So if it works, let him go for it.

I know if it was me and the chief delivered me a cake with that message on my birthday, it would make me paranoid. Make me feel like people were watching me, making me less likely to do anything cause I figure they might see. Maybe it wouldn't stop a hardened criminal, but maybe it would at least make them slow down for a while, or make them nervous enough to make mistakes.

Thank you kindly, mysteriew.

I'm glad you posted it.

Hopefully it makes them think that on the out side they get cake and there are people who care
and would treat them well.
BUT on the inside there is nothing sweet at all. Hopefully he is making them think.
I can see it as an idea, but the cake is excessive on the Tax payer especially since it would be
great to put more money in our schools.
he can give them the message.and let them think. JMO
But I bet you........ he has low crime. he sounds like a sweet heart.

Hopefully it makes them think that on the out side they get cake and there are people who care
and would treat them well.
BUT on the inside there is nothing sweet at all. Hopefully he is making them think.
I can see it as an idea, but the cake is excessive on the Tax payer especially since it would be
great to put more money in our schools.
he can give them the message.and let them think. JMO
But I bet you........ he has low crime. he sounds like a sweet heart.

from the above article...

The police commander, who pays for the £1.50 Victoria Sponge cakes himself, launched the programme to let offenders know that police are closely monitoring them.

This chief is not only creative but he puts his money where his mouth is. No cost to the tax payer. I applaud him for his ingenuity.

Couldn't you just hear the hardened criminal whining to the judge.

Criminal "Your Honour, Chief Inspector Boyd was intimidating me."

Judge "What did CI Boyd do that violated your civil rights?"

Criminal "He gave me a birthday cake."

LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members