GUILTY FL - Dionna Ervin, 17 mos, Kaden Warren, 5 mos, die in hot car, Valrico, 13 Aug 2009

Deeply disturbing. There won't be a good ending to this investigation.

I wonder what explanation the parents have given. I can't imagine the dad just bringing them in like they were asleep without being hysterical and begging for help, but that's what the witnesses say happened.

So....let's see, her myspace mood (as of yesterday, the last day she logged in) was "drunk", complete with rolling eyeballs in a smiley face....was that before something happened to her children, or after? If I were to make a decision based upon her page alone, I'd say this was another person who had no business having children.

ETA: I am basing my comment above on not just her drunken mood, but also the list of friends she has. Really, what else can you go by? She doesn't list anything about herself other than those two things. Her mood, and her friends.

So....let's see, her myspace mood (as of yesterday, the last day she logged in) was "drunk", complete with rolling eyeballs in a smiley face....was that before something happened to her children, or after? If I were to make a decision based upon her page alone, I'd say this was another person who had no business having children.

I don't read much into the mood. It has been the same since july 24th. so I don't think she has changed it since then. JMO

I wasn't talking about just her "mood" icon, but since you mentioned it, the children were brought to the hospital yesterday, which was the last day she logged in. What I was saying was, "Was she drunk, and that's why perhaps these children were left in a hot car, or something else, and are now dead," or...as the article states, she is grief-stricken, is that the cause of her drinking? Of course, just my opinion, as always.

The car thing would make sense based on their body temps alone. If that is the case, I'm sure the officers are investigating how they were left.

Two at once this time... these stories never get better...

RIP Babies.

Autopsies finished, not saying cause of death yet

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1027659.ece

TAMPA — Sheriff's investigators on Friday searched the Valrico house where two young children lived, but have not yet revealed what caused their deaths.
The Medical Examiner has finished the autopsies of the two infants who were pronounced dead after their father carried them to Brandon Regional Hospital on Thursday afternoon.
At at press conference this afternoon, a sheriff's spokesman said the children had "elevated" body temperatures but declined to confirm a report that the children had been left in a hot car, or provide many other details.
Around 3 p.m. Thursday, Kaden Warren, 5 months, and his sister, Dionna Ervin, 17 months, were taken to the hospital by their father, Michael Jon Ervin, 26, of 3807 Ridgeview Place in Valrico.
Their mother, Enidlin Rae Warren, 24, lives at the same address, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
Jan Gregory, regional deputy director for the Florida Department of Children and Families, confirmed that child welfare workers opened an investigation involving the children once before, but she couldn't give any immediate details about the case or its outcome.
The sheriff's Child Protective Investigations Division has joined the investigation into the children's deaths, a routine matter in cases like this that involve children.
Maj. Harold Winsett, a sheriff's spokesman, declined to say what deputies were seeking when they searched the couple's house. He said that, at some point in the investigation, they had impounded a vehicle and were preparing to search it.
Initially, he said, Ervin had provided statements to investigators but the family had since become "somewhat uncooperative."
"At this point, a crime has not been determined," Winsett said.
The autopsies are expected to determine how the children died, but Winsett declined to offer a time frame of when the results would be released.

more at link...............

What beautiful precious babies! I cannot understand why the father was not in a panic when he brought them in if this was truly an accident. Sentences for parents who leave their children in hot cars has to get tougher or this will continue to happen.

This is surely a very sad and strange story....losing both children at the same time. The fact that the dad was in no hurry taking the children into the hospital is very puzzling. Wouldn't you think he would be frantic? JMO

I read the article at the link posted in post # 15 by Sleuthster (thanks!)

The Father was alone with the children while the Mother was away at work. (I think I read that correctly). The Father is the one that took the children to the hospital.

Just wanted to add those details for those that are following along waiting for the autopsy reports. I think it's important to know who had the children when they died. But that's JMHO.

I read the article at the link posted in post # 15 by Sleuthster (thanks!)

The Father was alone with the children while the Mother was away at work. (I think I read that correctly). The Father is the one that took the children to the hospital.

Just wanted to add those details for those that are following along waiting for the autopsy reports. I think it's important to know who had the children when they died. But that's JMHO.

That breaks my heart for the mom. Her family said her kids were everything to her. I'm sure mom is just beside herself...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back