Hugh Wiggins

megamami

Reaction score
Hugh Wiggins, is the contested (bigamous?) husband of Pamela Long (Wiggins) [who is believed to still be legally married to Mr. Malden.]

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090818/NEWS01/908180323&

<snip> BBM
<Pamela Long Wiggins, charged as an accessory after the fact, and her husband, Hugh Wiggins, who has limited immunity, took several assault-type weapons to an acquaintance in Mississippi. After Hugh Wiggins told officers where the guns were located, the Mississippi man turned them over to federal agents.>

Also, a witness saying that he met Wiggins through Gonzalez and that Gonzalez repeatedly tried to recruit the witness for a crime:
<snip>
<<Smith said he overheard Hugh Wiggins tell Gonzalez Jr. that he was a gun-runner.
"He said, 'Man, I can get you anything you want,' " Smith recalled, though he admitted that he was skeptical of Gonzalez Jr. and anyone with whom he might be friends.>>

He sure keeps coming up a lot in the investigative reports.I hope that limited immunity is very limited. This guy's in this thick. Has somebody came up with something solid saying it isn't Hugh coming up the dock with PLW?

Thanks for starting a thread on this man, I see his name allot in searching, maybe we will find something that ties this all together!

Can someone explain limited immunity to me?

Is it diplomatic? Or is it merely a deal he made to cooperate with police?

I'm assuming he can testify against PW since their marriage is illegal....

From PNJ

Boater tells of locating Long Wiggins

Timothy Dale Powell has his boat in a slip at the Wharf Marina in Orange Beach, Ala. Long Wiggins' yacht, "The Classy Lady," was moored next to Powell's at a slip registered to Patrick Gonzalez. Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. has been accused of killing the Billingses during the July 9 home invasion.

Powell said that early July 15, his wife received a voicemail from Long Wiggins that said, "We really want to go out today."

That same day, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office announced that Long Wiggins was a "person of interest" in the double homicide in Beulah.

The Powells recognized her from the news.

Powell said he tried to call the Escambia County Sheriff's Office but couldn't get through, so he called Orange Beach police, who took his information.

He hung up on the police as Long Wiggins and her husband approached on the dock. Powell ran inside the boat and tried to call the police. But before he could dial his phone rang.

He could see Hugh Wiggins standing behind the boat looking in and trying to see him.

He noticed the call was from an 850 area code and assumed the Escambia County Sheriff's Office was trying to get through.

He answered. It was Hugh Wiggins.

Pony tail guy = HW?

Yes, the guy with the ponytail (HW) seems to sit in all the planning meetings, doesn't he? I also would like to know what limited immunity means. I suspect there will be more arrests as Sheriff Morgan said as the investigation continues.

Can someone explain limited immunity to me?

Is it diplomatic? Or is it merely a deal he made to cooperate with police?

I'm assuming he can testify against PW since their marriage is illegal....

Best I could find.

From Orlando Sentinel

State prosecutors are dangling an immunity offer in front of Casey Anthony in hopes of finding her missing 3-year-old daughter. But the deal comes with no promise that the mother of Caylee Marie will go free.

If she agrees, Anthony would receive "limited-use" immunity, meaning that any direct statements she makes to investigators could not be used to prosecute her, legal experts say. Evidence generated from her information, however, would be fair game.

Hmmm....Guess that could be tricky. I guess they go after him on info from other witnesses?

Thanks, RiverPirate. That makes sense to me. For instance, if she told them the location of the body, they couldn't use her statement itself in court. But they could use whatever forensic evidence they found at the site or any proof they found of her taking the body to the site. Normally, any evidence discovered via immunity can't be admitted, but with limited immunity only the actual statements are excluded perhaps---and LE is free to find any other supporting evidence. I'm glad to learn that they can still go after him.

Possibly, the fact that he knew where the safe and the guns were, since he told them about them, couldn't be used as an admission of his involvement. They would have to find other evidence against him to implicate him?

Possibly, the fact that he knew where the safe and the guns were, since he told them about them, couldn't be used as an admission of his involvement. They would have to find other evidence against him to implicate him?

Like fingerprints on the safe and/or guns perhaps?

He sure keeps coming up a lot in the investigative reports.I hope that limited immunity is very limited. This guy's in this thick. Has somebody came up with something solid saying it isn't Hugh coming up the dock with PLW?

This has been confirmed by Mark Obrien, journalist for the PNJ. HW IS the guy walking on the dock with PLW:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4054271&postcount=310"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Pamela Long Wiggins In-Depth Discussion[/ame]

Thanks Gene.

I've been hunting all over and it's been twisting my mind. For some reason, I had it in my mind that they said it wansn't him way back in the old dscussion threads.

I posted it was Hugh Wiggins last week, but many members didn't believe it was him.
Since I had no proof....members were left :waitasec:

That Lonnie Smith interview makes me wonder why HW and Tice haven't been arrested.

That Lonnie Smith interview makes me wonder why HW and Tice haven't been arrested.

I don't understand either. Especially HW. Wonder if it has to do with his limited immunity? I'm thinking they'll get around to it.

Found this on one of the Caylee threads.

Use immunity
Definition
: immunity granted to a witness in a criminal case that prevents the use of the witness's compelled testimony against that witness in a criminal prosecution
Transactional and use immunity are granted to preserve the constitutional protection against self-incrimination. The states grant either form of this immunity, while the federal government grants only use immunity. A witness with use immunity may still be prosecuted, but only based on evidence not gathered from the protected testimony.
2 : a usu. statutory prohibition that excludes specific documents or information from discovery

http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/use-immunity.html

BTW - I'm so glad JBean mentioned all the research done in the Anthony case. It's a great resource for this one, since it's the same state.

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/a...lings-murder-plot/271969/Aug-18-2009_4-23-pm/

hugh was at the meeting!

In an interview with Escambia County sheriff's deputies on July 24, Lonnie Smith, 32, said three weeks before Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot and killed in their Beulah, Florida home he witnessed a meeting between Gonzalez, Jr., Gary Sumner and Hugh Wiggins.

Smith says after the meeting at the condo, Hugh Wiggins threatened him saying "if I got wind that you said anything, you know me....you'd go on a vacation you'd never come back from."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back