From one of my law professors

Peliman

Reaction score
A lesson for my law professor. "I doesn't have to be right, it doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal." Whats all this fairness carp about!

I must have missed the conversation about fairness but all I care about is what is fair to Haleigh and there is nothing about what happened to her that is fair.

I must have missed the conversation about fairness but all I care about is what is fair to Haleigh and there is nothing about what happened to her that is fair.

Fairness about Haleigh, please expand on what may have happened to her? Di she go to Disney world, mother Seaworld, Alaska. Please what is you theory. Haleigh has no "fair." She's missing. Tell me where Haleigh has been treated fairy please.

Fairness about Haleigh, please expand on what may have happened to her? Di she go to Disney world, mother Seaworld, Alaska. Please what is you theory. Haleigh has no "fair." She's missing. Tell me where Haleigh has been treated fairy please.

In my opinion, she hasn't been treated fairly at all. First off, she was born to 2 parents who were immature, not ready for a baby. God knows, I don't think they could take of themselves properly, let alone a baby.

Secondly, her father pulled a fast one, IMO, and stole her and her brother from their mother. That was really UNfair. Then I believe the 2 children were subjected to a less-than-stable lifestyle.

Thirdly, Haleigh has "gone missing". What that means in reality, I'm not sure, but her dad and his teeny booper squeeze were in charge - whatever that means.

No, there has been NO fairness to Haleigh, but she isn't alone. Many children in our society have been treated unfairly and so have many adults. Actually, in other societies, in past times, children were treated much worse.

I'm not sure what you want us to say here, but I gave my opinion.

I don't think you understood my post. I stated exactly what you did, none of this is fair to Haleigh. I have a theory...of course I do. It is posted in the theory thread. Your thread is about fairness, and I don't think Haleigh has been shown fairness AT ALL

I don't think you understood my post. I stated exactly what you did, none of this is fair to Haleigh. I have a theory...of course I do. It is posted in the theory thread. Your thread is about fairness, and I don't think Haleigh has been shown fairness AT ALL

Then we have nothing to dispute, someone is responsible and we agree it's about Haleigh. BL I agree with you I posted here because it was the Haleigh thread. I'm speaking to the Haleigh thread. My only focus at the moment. I wish I could solve the worlds problems in abused/missing or abducted children.

My law professer's statement stands "It doesn't have to be right, it doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal.

A lesson for my law professor. "I doesn't have to be right, it doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal." Whats all this fairness carp about!

If you are referring to the custody hearings, I get this statement. Oprah once said that it is not about who is right or wrong when you get into court, but who has the better lawyer and the money to see it to the end. I am not doing a direct quote here but you get the idea. I have see courts rule on something and it isn't "fair" but it is the law as it was written. You see that when evidence is thrown out because it wasn't taken or handled by the guidelines of the law.

If you are referring to the custody hearings, I get this statement. Oprah once said that it is not about who is right or wrong when you get into court, but who has the better lawyer and the money to see it to the end. I am not doing a direct quote here but you get the idea. I have see courts rule on something and it isn't "fair" but it is the law as it was written. You see that when evidence is thrown out because it wasn't taken or handled by the guidelines of the law.

Good post! Lady Justice isn't only blind, we've made her stupid.

If you are referring to the custody hearings, I get this statement. Oprah once said that it is not about who is right or wrong when you get into court, but who has the better lawyer and the money to see it to the end. I am not doing a direct quote here but you get the idea. I have see courts rule on something and it isn't "fair" but it is the law as it was written.]/b] You see that when evidence is thrown out because it wasn't taken or handled by the guidelines of the law.

Thanks for making my point, it's appreciated Nobody said anything about custody but posters. Nobody is exempt from the long arm of the law when it come to the Haleigh case. Fairness shall prevail and only 50% of the people will come out of the court room feeling satisfied.

The only thing IMO that will be fair to HC, is JUSTICE, and nothing less.

Thanks for making my point, it's appreciated Nobody said anything about custody but posters. Nobody is exempt from the long arm of the law when it come to the Haleigh case. Fairness shall prevail and only 50% of the people will come out of the court room feeling satisfied.

It also depends on which side of the court room you sit on. If you win, it's fair, if you are the one to lose, it's not. The outcome is the same, but like you said, only 50% of the people will come out of the court room feeling satisfied.

From a renound missing Child advocate!

Law Enforcement Relations

With approximately 77 abductions by family members for every kidnapping by a non-family member law enforcement will inevitably follow the statistics and concentrate on the child’s known universe. They will launch parallel investigations with a focus on the family and move outward. We haven't got here yet, 6 months have passed Like concentric ripples in a pond, they will look at family, friends and acquaintances, peripheral contacts, sex offenders registered in the community and finally the most frightening and daunting scenario of all: strangers.

As intrusive as it may become and as irrelevant as it may seem, fully cooperate with law enforcement and eliminate yourself as a suspect. They will ask questions that seem irrelevant and may even ask you to take a polygraph examination. It is not fair, but it is necessary. Remember, like you, law enforcement doesn’t know where your child is and the sooner they are able to gather and assimilate information and evidence, the sooner they are going to be able to direct their investigation toward the solution.

In your efforts to create good relations with law enforcement try to establish mutually beneficial ground rules. Ask for a law enforcement contact that can work as an official liaison. This will establish necessary stability, create trust and ease the flow of information. Work with your law enforcement liaison to ensure that relevant information about your child’s case will be relayed to you through official channels instead of through the media. This simple step could save endless heartache as the investigation progresses. The last thing you want to do is turn the television on in the morning and have a reporter announce that they have uncovered bones they believe are your child’s.

Despite the popular notion that defense attorneys are a necessary component in a missing child case, think very carefully before you hire a lawyer. Despite the protestations of parents in certain high profile missing or murdered child cases, lawyers hinder and otherwise negatively challenge investigations. Lawyers protect your interest, not your child’s. They are investigative barriers: limiting law enforcement access; insisting on being present at all interviews and their mere presence casts suspicion on your motivation.

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-mc-lawenforcement.htm

Spin all you desire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle