TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usher737

Reaction score
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A fourth person was arrested Friday in connection with the killing of a young man, whose burned corpse was found dumped along railroad tracks, and the death of his date, who was kept alive for days and raped, authorities said.

All four suspects were being held on federal charges, Knoxville police spokesman Darrell DeBusk said. Two were arrested in Knoxville and the other two in Lebanon, Ky.

=http://www.wjactv.com/news/10733994/detail.html

A death sentence by lethal injection is too good for these jerks-Let the fathers have at em!!

This is so sad........... Prayers for their families

This is so sad and disgusting at the same time! I will never get over the cruelty some people can have to their fellow man. :(

Murder 1, all of 'em! :furious:

JMHO
fran

ajc2804 said:
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A fourth person was arrested Friday in connection with the killing of a young man, whose burned corpse was found dumped along railroad tracks, and the death of his date, who was kept alive for days and raped, authorities said.

All four suspects were being held on federal charges, Knoxville police spokesman Darrell DeBusk said. Two were arrested in Knoxville and the other two in Lebanon, Ky.

=http://www.wjactv.com/news/10733994/detail.html

I wonder if these 4 guys even knew this young couple? Did they see them somewhere and follow them? This is just horrible. I think the death penalty is fitting for all four of these killers. I can't even imagine what that poor girl went through before they finally killed her. She was probably praying that she would just die way before she did. What possess people to do things like this? It is just pure evil.

Fourth suspect arrested in corpse-burning case
Tennessee couple had been shot; woman was raped for days before death

The victims, Christopher Newsom, 23, and Channon Christian, a 21-year-old University of Tennessee student, were last seen Saturday night while on a date.
The two had been at a friend’s apartment and had left to get something to eat, with the plan of then going to another friend’s home to watch movies. They never arrived.

Newsom’s body was found the next day. He had been shot and his body set on fire along a rail line, Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Rich Knighten said. His girlfriend’s vehicle was found nearby.

“The second victim, they kept her for a couple of days and brutally raped and sexually assaulted her,” Knighten told The Associated Press in an interview from Louisville. “Then they killed her and dumped her body.”

The victims did not know their killers. It was a random, senseless crime.

Talk about a pack of mad dogs. I'm sorry but these murders demand the death
penalty!!!!!:furious: :furious:

The reason for the death penalty is creatures like these shouldn't be allowed to continue masquerading as people.

Details said:
The reason for the death penalty is creatures like these shouldn't be allowed to continue masquerading as people.

That's the best explanation I've heard in a long time!!

This totally sickens me to think of what this poor girl endured by the hands of these scumbags. Yes, they are a mad pack of dogs and deserve the death penalty. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims families.

What a nice looking couple with their futures ahead of them. So sad. The families are in my prayers.

i DARE any one of you to tell me this was not a racially-motivated HATE CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

what disgusting, depraved, subhuman animals.

reb, you will get no argument from me. I say fry all of them, whatever their so-called reason for the crime. This is just too horrible for them to remain breathing.

Hate crime - sure - I doubt any of these guys liked much of anyone. Unsure of racially motivated - I just get a feel that it's more about class. I'm thinking they had thoughts about stuck up rich types thinking they were better than them (rich types being anyone working a real job, and knowing that the rich types would be completely right to think they, or anyone else, was indeed better than they were - is this sentence completely incomprehensible yet?).

It does feel like the crime was not just carjacking and rape - it has the feel of this being personal, angry - but I'm not convinced yet of racist. Show these morons a nice happy black couple driving a car, with a couple good jobs, not ghetto styling it up, and I'd bet they'd go after them too. Probably some racial aspect, but far more about class.

Of course, this isn't based on much, just that they kept the girl around for awhile....

All four of these guys should face the same charges. I don't believe for a minute that all four of these guys didn't rape that poor girl. They had her for days. I doubt that any of them were so honorable that they refused to have sex with her. I doubt that any of them have any morals or values. They are one scary bunch of criminals. Of course they are going to all blame each other but when it is all said and done they were all in on the car jacking and the murder of these to innocent young people. It shouldn't matter who held the gun, knife, object, or fist that actually took their lives. They all deserve to be locked away for ever or worse. They must have been out looking for a couple to murder. They are all so stupid that they left the car near their home and the bodies close by.

reb said:
i DARE any one of you to tell me this was not a racially-motivated HATE CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

what disgusting, depraved, subhuman animals.
I'll take the dare.

First of all, I don't understand the term HATE CRIME. (I know it's not YOUR term--leftover buzz words from the 90's) In this case especially, it's sooooo redundant. I mean, I've never heard of a kidnapping, rape & murder be referred to as a LOVE CRIME. Of course it's a hate crime.

I didn't read anything in the article that hinted at this being racially motivated. This is evil motivated. Nothing in this story indicated that this was done simply because this couple was caucasian. Did you come to that conclusion just because there are photos of the perps next to the story and they are all black?

I'll agree that they are disgusting, depraved, subhuman animals. I'll also say that I'd be willing to bet that these animals would do this to any one of any color. I think they just committed these atrocities against the first couple they came across that appeared like they would be easy targets---looks like the couple were both on the fairly small side.

julianne said:
I'll take the dare.

First of all, I don't understand the term HATE CRIME. (I know it's not YOUR term--leftover buzz words from the 90's) In this case especially, it's sooooo redundant. I mean, I've never heard of a kidnapping, rape & murder be referred to as a LOVE CRIME. Of course it's a hate crime.

I didn't read anything in the article that hinted at this being racially motivated. This is evil motivated. Nothing in this story indicated that this was done simply because this couple was caucasian. Did you come to that conclusion just because there are photos of the perps next to the story and they are all black?

I'll agree that they are disgusting, depraved, subhuman animals. I'll also say that I'd be willing to bet that these animals would do this to any one of any color. I think they just committed these atrocities against the first couple they came across that appeared like they would be easy targets---looks like the couple were both on the fairly small side.
I completely agree. This is a disgusting, horrific crime, but I don't see any evidence that it was racially motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail