J. Wood AKA Mr. Mantis, Manatee, etc.

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Jr. described him as part of the group that wanted Bud Billings "whacked." In the investigative reports, he is labeled as "role unknown," instead of witness or suspect.

I think he deserves his own thread. His very bizarre statement begins at page 25 of the below .pdf:

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/PublicRecord2.pdf

After learning from this case that confessions are exempt from being released under Sunshine, I wonder why almost all of page 30 of the .pdf has been blanked out?

And, LE apparently thought he was the Zaxby's guy?

Daisy I was wondering why most of pg 30 was gone also. I never thought about a confession. I suspect he would not confess that he has ever done anything. I am sure that he would not be able to remember.

Daisy,
Thanks for starting this thread. I didn't know how to do that, but he is my vote for one of the most bizarre characters in this horrendous escapade.

The guy that was seen with Wiggins at Zaxby's definitely isn't Jerry. I'm not sure why the police thought that.

I don't have the quote exactly, but they said the heard this from the newspaper. Could have just been from a comment on PNJ?

Hope you're looking out for that yellow jeep around town, like I am:)

Lets start with the facts we know:

* Worked in the auto industry (as what?)
* Invested money in LPG's karate studio (why would he do that?)
* Took Karate lessons from Poff's studio
* Started a couple of businesses PHOENIX COACHES and MANTIS FUNDING CORPORATION
* Has known LPG 15 years.
* Long-time friend of Hugh Wiggins (longer than he's known LPG)
* Don Asper is son-in-law
* Divorced Monica Ann Wood (Monica Ann Quinlan) in 1998.
* 2 arrests for domestic violence in SR county.

Do we know anything else?

* Serious medical issues that require in home nurse.
* He's racist to the point he ran an old friend off his property for bringing black men to his hose.

* has memory problems "possibly selective memory"
* such a good friend of LPG jr that he invests in the karate studio, but starts a company to protect himself from LPG jr's debts, knowing that LPG jr will not pay his bills

I have been reading different statements in the transcripts that he is now passed away but I can't find anything online that verifies this fact.

Passed Away. As in dead, of death? I looked in the on line obits and nothing there. His statement to the Sheriff was July 30th.

It is possible that the Mantis in the transcript isn't Jerry Wood, right?

I guess I'm really wondering if Wood aka Mantis is also Manatee. Are we sure Manetee is just a misspelling of Mantis?

This may not be the right place to ask this, but JDW claims that PG JR was prescribed Lithium recently. Do we have any other statements that I may have missed about him being prescribed psychiatric drugs?

It is possible that the Mantis in the transcript isn't Jerry Wood, right?

Possible. but both LPG and LS say they are (or may be) the same person. LPG should know....he's known Wood 15 years.

Lithium is a mood stabilizer. It doesn't change the way you think or how you react. All it does is balance the chemicals in the brain.
The most important thing about the possibility PG Jr was on lithium is the indication that he may be biopolar, manic or worse.

Usually Lithium is givin to people with bipolar. IF he is bipolar, and IF he is taking lithium on a regular schedule then he should not have any serious manic attacks. There are alot of people who are bipolar and function normally as long as they take their prescribed medication. I think PG has a problem, a serious problem, but I don't think that being or possibly being bipolar is one of them...but then again I think most of the people involved in this whole scheme have a serious problem...

This is the wrong thread to discuss LPG, but lithium is probably not the only drug he was using, if he was indeed using it. One of his friends (I forget which) told police that LPG was addicted to drugs, and I am pretty sure he was not talking about lithium.

How is there supposed to be a discussion on this crime that involves at least 8 defendants and probably countless witnesses if somebody mentions a criminal in a thread that isn't dedicated to that particular criminal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back