200 Texas inmates sent stimulus checks

jnTexas

Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
Reaction score
:furious::furious::furious:

I heard this on the news this morning and it infuriates me!!!! We (the tax payers) are already feeding and housing these 's, now they have gotten even more of our tax dollars!

I also heard on the news that some are 'lifers' - murderers. CRIMINALS!

:furious::furious::furious: (Can you tell that I am upset?)

Don't inmates get free medical also? What do they need money for? Everything they need is provided for them as lalaw2000 said above, taxpayers!

This is so, so wrong.

I heard this on the news this morning and it infuriates me!!!! We (the tax payers) are already feeding and housing these 's, now they have gotten even more of our tax dollars!

I also heard on the news that some are 'lifers' - murderers. CRIMINALS!

:furious::furious::furious: (Can you tell that I am upset?)

When we filed our taxes back in Feb we were told we were getting a $3,600.00 stimulus and we would get it sometime in June...well we've never gotten it!:mad: So this just really pizzez me off! I actually planned to use some of the money towards back to school for my kids.

When we filed our taxes back in Feb we were told we were getting a $3,600.00 stimulus and we would get it sometime in June...well we've never gotten it!:mad: So this just really pizzez me off! I actually planned to use some of the money towards back to school for my kids.

momtective, did you ever contact anyone about that?

I was irked about the stimulus to begin with BUT it's even more irksome when I hear that prisoners may have received it. 3 hots and a cot seems to be enough "stimulus" to keep many of them going back, now they got "paid" for being there too? :furious:

ETA: If only 9 were eligible for the money (they could have been upstanding taxpayers before the incarceration) I do hope it went to support the children or family they'd "left behind".

momtective, did you ever contact anyone about that?

I was irked about the stimulus to begin with BUT it's even more irksome when I hear that prisoners may have received it. 3 hots and a cot seems to be enough "stimulus" to keep many of them going back, now they got "paid" for being there too? :furious:

ETA: If only 9 were eligible for the money (they could have been upstanding taxpayers before the incarceration) I do hope it went to support the children or family they'd "left behind".

BBM
I thought of that too. Upstanding though?:blowkiss: I do not know of any individual who received a stimulus check. And I am hopping mad:furious:. I could have used some to pay my property tax (ironic huh?) and buy some medicine I should be taking but can't afford right now. Some days I just want to give up, whats the point when prisoners are treated much better than any of the honest people.
Sorry about my rant.

Victim's Compensation Fund here they come, right?

I heard that even though it was a mistake, they wouldn't be taking the money back.

Here I try to follow the law, work 45 hours a week, and I never got a stimulus check.

[/b]

BBM
I thought of that too. Upstanding though?:blowkiss: I do not know of any individual who received a stimulus check. And I am hopping mad:furious:. I could have used some to pay my property tax (ironic huh?) and buy some medicine I should be taking but can't afford right now. Some days I just want to give up, whats the point when prisoners are treated much better than any of the honest people.
Sorry about my rant.

After I typed it, I realized that "upstanding" was a generous term, I was trying to balance out my anger. :blushing:

I understand where you're coming from with the property tax issue and medicine. Had the property tax folks breathing down our necks and I'm trying to figure out where the heck they get their figures on what a house is really worth today, and thank God for the new doc who was willing to let me try a new medicine that costs much less than the other.

People in prison don't have to worry about doctor copays and what not, even if they pay "room and board", I'm sure it doesn't amount to more than what "we" pay out here!

This is exactly why I don't want the federal govt. taking over health care, sorry.

After I typed it, I realized that "upstanding" was a generous term, I was trying to balance out my anger. :blushing:

I understand where you're coming from with the property tax issue and medicine. Had the property tax folks breathing down our necks and I'm trying to figure out where the heck they get their figures on what a house is really worth today, and thank God for the new doc who was willing to let me try a new medicine that costs much less than the other.

People in prison don't have to worry about doctor copays and what not, even if they pay "room and board", I'm sure it doesn't amount to more than what "we" pay out here!

Oh face it Boyz_Mum your just a nice person, no need to blush about that :).
I also wonder how they get their figures.
There is only the brand name for my med. at this point, so I am out of luck just for now.
ITA that room and board for them comes no where close to what those of us out here deal with, after all our tax dollars take total care of them. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back