Jaycee's Girls

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
My question is how will THEY cope? All their lives hidden, much like the Fritzl case. And how does one deal with the fact that the one who imprisoned them, abducted and raped their mother, is their own father? What's going to happen to them? They're all in a hotel. That hardly seems like the environment they may need right now. How will Jaycee's mom feel about them?
Also, I read somewhere that their were also two 4 year old girls around the house, accoridng to a neighbor. Anyone hear anything about that?

My question is how will THEY cope? All their lives hidden, much like the Fritzl case. And how does one deal with the fact that the one who imprisoned them, abducted and raped their mother, is their own father? What's going to happen to them? They're all in a hotel. That hardly seems like the environment they may need right now. How will Jaycee's mom feel about them?
Also, I read somewhere that their were also two 4 year old girls around the house, accoridng to a neighbor. Anyone hear anything about that?

I heard about the 4 yr old's. I do not know anything else about them. Still looking for more accurate reporting on them.

These children and Jaycee need help, and lots of it. They need counseling, nuturing, acceptance...help to adjust in society, education, patience and most of all unconditional love. Everyone deals with severe trauma differently, so we will see how they handle the future.

Who is going to help them? The state? They'll need medical attention, dental care, psych help, help getting birth certificates, etc. If they are introduced into normal society too quickly, will that negatively affect them? I have no doubt these girls are traumatized. Reports state they clung to their "father" and kept looking at him when asked a question. That's how abused kids act. What really grosses me out is how garrido said he slept with those girls in his bed every night and never touched them. Ya' right.

i agree that the hotel idea doesn't seem like the best right now. i feel like they should be in an intensive therapeutic environment at least for a while to decompress and get a lot of help to try to process what is happening. i mentioned last night that i hope the children do not know about their father yet. that (to me) would be definitely something that could wait. i hope they are being shielded from the media reports.

we were talking about the 4 year olds last night too. i haven't heard anything other than the one report from neighbors that they had seen them back there...i hope they were just mistaken and no other children are involved with these scum. but if there were more, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

They're all in a hotel. That hardly seems like the environment they may need right now.
I've been thinking about that, and it seems to me that a hotel may actually be a good place for them to start "re-integrating." First of all, hotels are very generic and non-threatening. They use calming colors, very generic art, not a lot of technology, and rooms are usually uncluttered. If you've been deprived at all of a "normal" environment, a hotel room as a starting point would allow you to introduce new things slowly.

It's neutral ground for a reunion. It's not supposed to be "home" which I would imagine is sort of a scary thing for Jaycee --especially since her parents don't even live in the house where she grew up anymore. It would reduce expectations about how she will react to things like old pictures or furniture.

Also, people don't pay attention to other hotel guests very much --there's a sort of annonimity to it.

Add in that I've yet to meet any kid who doesn't think water to play in (as in the hotel pool) is a good thing. Yes, her kids have probably never gone swimming, but this might be a good icebreaker for the kids and their "new" family.

Is it known if the girls were abused as well? I just can't imagine the hell they all have gone through.

Is it known if the girls were abused as well? I just can't imagine the hell they all have gone through.

not yet known, as far as i know. i would bet anything that they have been though...

Understand, I don't want to see any pictures of these girls right now. But someday, it will be telling to see what living conditions akin to a thrid world country have done to them. Some people have said the girls they saw were 8 and 10 and it's entirely possible without proper medicine, vitamins, hygeine, dental care, etc. that the girls aren't on target physcially with their peers and are in fact the 11 and 15 yr olds.

These girls are precious gifts from God, no matter the circumstances of their birth, and I hope and pray that the people around them in society help them focus on that as their understanding of the situation evolves. They will be in my prayers for a long time.

This is one case where I hope that the children have been exposed to television during their whole lives. While I certainly don't consider what they might see there to be a true depiction of the real world, it is much more so than what they have been given to experience!

In the picture taken of Jaycee at the police station she appeared well groomed and quite young looking for her age. Today on Fox news they had Geraldo on and he was showing clips from interviews he had done with her mother and step father at the time of the kidnapping. Her mother also looked VERY young. Her mother is a very pretty woman just like Jaycee is, so I'm thinking the looking young thing is a genetic quality at least in part.

In the picture taken of Jaycee at the police station she appeared well groomed and quite young looking for her age. Today on Fox news they had Geraldo on and he was showing clips from interviews he had done with her mother and step father at the time of the kidnapping. Her mother also looked VERY young. Her mother is a very pretty woman just like Jaycee is, so I'm thinking the looking young thing is a genetic quality at least in part.

i thought that picture was from before her abduction...are you talking about the one where it looks like she's in front of some monitors or something. if not, please post a link because i had no idea that they released a picture of her. i can't really see that they would do that right now??? thanks!

i thought that picture was from before her abduction...are you talking about the one where it looks like she's in front of some monitors or something. if not, please post a link because i had no idea that they released a picture of her. i can't really see that they would do that right now??? thanks!

Yes, that is the one, I believe that it was taken in the police station by someone possibly in the news media. It was here very early on, and at least to me does not look even remotely like a picture from when she was 11 years old, so I am assuming it was captured randomly by a news person who happened onto the area while doing some other assignment.

Who is going to help them? The state? They'll need medical attention, dental care, psych help, help getting birth certificates, etc. If they are introduced into normal society too quickly, will that negatively affect them? I have no doubt these girls are traumatized. Reports state they clung to their "father" and kept looking at him when asked a question. That's how abused kids act. What really grosses me out is how garrido said he slept with those girls in his bed every night and never touched them. Ya' right.

The State of California has Help for Crime Victims.

The Victim Compensation Program (VCP) can help pay unreimbursed expenses that result when a violent crime occurs. Victims of crime who have been injured or have been threatened with injury may be eligible for help from the VCP. The VCP may assist with the cost of medical and dental treatment, mental health services, funeral and burial expenses, home security, residential crime scene cleanup and emergency relocation.

Thank God in Jaycees case we dont need the funeral and burial expense taken care of.

I know the picture you're speaking of. I think it looks a lot like Jaycee, only nothing like her age-progressed picture. I think the photo of Jaycee looks like a young, teenage Jaycee, not a 29-year-old woman. I've never seen photos of Jaycee's mom, but genetics are a strong thing. I was asked if I got the "12 or under" discount when I was a college student.

I think a lot about how Jaycee and her girls are doing. It's going to be so difficult. But I really, really, really hope that those girls are welcomed with open arms into the family. It's not their fault that they came to be because of what a creep like Garrido did.

I worry, though, about the comment Garrido made about holding them in his arms at night from the time they were born. "But I never touched them." How many times do perverts like him swear this?

I wish and hope and pray for the very best for Jaycee and her daughters. I want them to overcome their circumstances and become the best people they can be.

Yes, that is the one, I believe that it was taken in the police station by someone possibly in the news media.

I read that that photo was taken before her abduction, in an arcade.

Thee poor girls have been groomed from birth to rely on "dad" so they may be initially having horrible withdrawal. (As sick as this is) With no outside influences to encourage independant thought or decisions they will have a long ways to go emotionally and psychologically to find themselves.

The State of California has Help for Crime Victims.

The Victim Compensation Program (VCP) can help pay unreimbursed expenses that result when a violent crime occurs. Victims of crime who have been injured or have been threatened with injury may be eligible for help from the VCP. The VCP may assist with the cost of medical and dental treatment, mental health services, funeral and burial expenses, home security, residential crime scene cleanup and emergency relocation.

Thank God in Jaycees case we dont need the funeral and burial expense taken care of.

My understanding is that they have limited resources. I can bet these girls and their poor mom will need years of help.

I read that that photo was taken before her abduction, in an arcade.

That would have been when she was 11 and it is definitely not at the same age as all of the photos from the missing information sites. The person in that photo looks much older than 11, though I agree to a young looking 29. The original poster said it was taken at the police station. I can't find it now since all the threads have been merged and moved to the sub forum, I have no idea where it is located now!

gitana - Unfortunately, I am well versed in how an abuse survivor acts towards the abuser...and all are not exactly the same. The reaction you name could be due to conditioning and hyper-vigilance...alway trying to anticipate what the abuser wants/needs you to do to keep him happy and keep yourself safe.

While I know that these children...and I lump Jaycee with that term...as she will be processing trauma that fractured her development in childhood....will need help...loads of it. There are services and resources available and i pray that because of the enormous media attention...they will receive everything.

And i ask for absolutely no mercy upon the head of the monsters who did this.

I thought someone posted a link to where that photo originally came from and it was posted on a news site given by her stepfather? It was listed as an undated photo prior to disappearence. She had bangs in that pic as well, I am sure that the Garrido's didn't give her scissors nor cut her hair. But for the record her stepfather commented in another news article that her mother was shocked that she looked exactly like she did when she disappeared like she hadn't aged at all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back