Are there other victims?

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
It's been 18 years for Jaycee and I'm just wondering if over the course of these years if there are other victims. If you know of another possible victim please post the info here. I'm sure there were others who vanished from the area during that time period and I just heard a report on HLN about LE searching for clues in the deaths of prostitutes around where PG worked. I wonder just how far reaching this is going to be and how many cases will be solved with the arrest of PG

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13224547
ANTIOCH — The home of Phillip Craig Garrido, the main suspect in the 18-year disappearance of Jaycee Dugard, is being sealed off so Pittsburg police can search for clues in a series of prostitute killings that occurred at the beginning of the decade, authorities said.

I believe that there may be many more victims. I'm afraid to think of the victims that this "couple" or "he alone" may have preyed upon. His wife knew about Jaycee, I would almost bet there were others his wife didn't know about (and perhaps some she did).

They both were quite brazen to snatch Jaycee off the street, while she waited for a school bus. Both must have been comfortable in letting Jaycee's stepfather to carry the burden of being a suspect. I truly believe they are capable of things that most of us can never comprehend.

I believe that there may be many more victims. I'm afraid to think of the victims that this "couple" or "he alone" may have preyed upon. His wife knew about Jaycee, I would almost bet there were others his wife didn't know about (and perhaps some she did).

They both were quite brazen to snatch Jaycee off the street, while she waited for a school bus. Both must have been comfortable in letting Jaycee's stepfather to carry the burden of being a suspect. I truly believe they are capable of things that most of us can never comprehend.

From the minute I heard this story, I thought for sure there must be many more victims. At the very least, hopefully this will bring much needed attention to the cases of Michaela Garecht, Nikki Campbell, and the many others who disappeared without a trace in Northern California from the years 1988-1992. The book "Stalemate" by John Philpin (1997) is about all of these cases and provides some useful info into what is know about the abductions.

Recently, the case of Amber Swartz-Garcia was closed due to an admission by a suspect, but my hope is that some serious attention will be given to the other cases, which unfortunately didn't have the media exposure that is available today. A post by Michaela Garecht mom's website for her was posted recently. Please check it out:

http://www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com/
http://www.missingmichaela.com/

From the minute I heard this story, I thought for sure there must be many more victims. At the very least, hopefully this will bring much needed attention to the cases of Michaela Garecht, Nikki Campbell, and the many others who disappeared without a trace in Northern California from the years 1988-1992. The book "Stalemate" by John Philpin (1997) is about all of these cases and provides some useful info into what is know about the abductions.

Recently, the case of Amber Swartz-Garcia was closed due to an admission by a suspect, but my hope is that some serious attention will be given to the other cases, which unfortunately didn't have the media exposure that is available today. A post by Michaela Garecht mom's website for her was posted recently. Please check it out:

http://www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com/
http://www.missingmichaela.com/

I feel for Michaela's mom. I pray that she too as well as all the other parents of missing children recieve their answers soon! I can't imagine being without my child. People always joke that she has an indent in my hip, hey atleast I can keep my eyes on her!

As bad as this case is, I fear it will be much worse...once they start digging up that backyard.

Michela Garecht was who I thought of when they found Dugard alive. Wasn't she snatched similarly in broad daylight from a similar area of the country?

Michela Garecht was who I thought of when they found Dugard alive. Wasn't she snatched similarly in broad daylight from a similar area of the country?

Yes, she was abducted in 1988 while at a convenience store. Her friend was with her at the time. The abductor moved her scooter while the kids were in the store, and when Michaela went to retrieve it, the abductor snatched her and threw her in the car. There was a composite sketch made by Michaela's friend at the time (it has been revised a couple of times).

I added the attachments of the suspect in Michaela's abduction with two pictures, and also of one of Garrido. Remember, this was 21 years ago. I think the thin lips of Garrido and the sketch are quite similar.

Attachments

• GarechtSuspect.jpg
    GarechtSuspect.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 113
  • garecht_abductor2.jpg
    garecht_abductor2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 607
  • garrido.jpg
    garrido.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 90
Garrido was paroled to California (Concord) just three months before Michaela was kidnapped. He looks like the composite to me, down to the "pock marks" on his face that witnesses reported. Michaela's mother is well aware of the similarities and the FBI/Hayward police are definitely taking a good hard look at this.

I believe that Jaycee's stepfather was told by LE that Garrido and wifey just happened to be driving by and grabbed Jaycee impulsively off the street as she was walking up the hill to the bus stop. She was not previously stalked by them. They just saw her, made a U-turn, and grabbed her. This is what I remember from the stepdad's interview yesterday afternoon on the John and Ken radio show in L.A., KFI 640AM. Here's the link to that interview (Carl Probyn):

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/podcasting/

If this is true, it indicates very poor impulse control on Garrido's part. I really wonder how many other young girls he may have victimized and possibly killed through the years.

I'm thinking that if they find evidence of the murdered prostitutes at the former work site of Garrido and link it to their little backyard paradise they built, it would shed a lot of light on both Garridos.

My guess is they were trying to do the exact same thing they did with little Jaycee by kidnapping prostitutes. They weren't controllable, so he killed them. Later they settled on a child, easier to program.

Of course, that's only if they can link the prostitutes' deaths to Garrido.

Oh my god, he admits there are other victims: http://images.kron4.com/images/garridodocuments2.pdf

Toward the end: "I used the feed back of the reality of how it hurt the victims, my wife and me"

I bet this manuscript is what got the police those search warrants. This is sick.

I would've issued a search warrant as soon as I saw "Creator" with a capital "C" claiming to have knowledge of voices to our phrophets. "Deputy, fetch my dart gun, boy! Got us a big 'un! " :biglaugh:

Oh my god, he admits there are other victims: http://images.kron4.com/images/garridodocuments2.pdf

Toward the end: "I used the feed back of the reality of how it hurt the victims, my wife and me"

I bet this manuscript is what got the police those search warrants. This is sick.

He made mention to a neighbor that she would soon be seeing his name in the news. He wrote somewhere about the disgusting things that had happened in his home, but they were ended. Now this document. I am beginning to wonder what the intentions are.

As far as the document he mentions schizophrenia. I wonder if he has been previously diagnosed as schizophrenic?

Yes, she was abducted in 1988 while at a convenience store. Her friend was with her at the time. The abductor moved her scooter while the kids were in the store, and when Michaela went to retrieve it, the abductor snatched her and threw her in the car. There was a composite sketch made by Michaela's friend at the time (it has been revised a couple of times).

I added the attachments of the suspect in Michaela's abduction with two pictures, and also of one of Garrido. Remember, this was 21 years ago. I think the thin lips of Garrido and the sketch are quite similar.

On the local CBS station (sacramento) there was an interview with Garrido's father...they showed a picture of Garrido when he was much younger...looks to be in his 20's or early 30's...here is a screen shot and a link to the article/video

pgaryounger.jpg

http://cbs13.com/jayceelee/garrido.father.speaks.2.1150016.html

Notice he said he was under the care of a psychiatrist for ADD for 18 years, same amount of time he had Jaycee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back