Bill Gates Applies For Patent On System To Weaken Hurricanes.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linkage

CNN) -- Hurricane experts are throwing cold water on an idea backed by billionaire Microsoft founder Bill Gates aimed at controlling the weather.

Gates and a dozen other scientists have raised eyebrows by submitting patent applications for a technology to reduce the danger of approaching hurricanes by cooling ocean temperatures.

It's a noble idea, given the horrible memories from Hurricane Katrina, which slammed into the Gulf Coast four years ago this week.

The storm, which rated a frightening Category 3 when it made landfall in Louisiana, was blamed for $81 billion in damaged and destroyed property and the deaths of more than 1,800 men, women and children.

Skeptics applaud the motive of the concept but question its feasibility.

I should patent my idea for dealing with hurricanes. I've noticed that water swirls around my sink while draining and that if I put my finger in the center it greatly impedes it's swirling. So my idea is to build a huge finger that can orbit in space and then be deployed when necessary. I rule! :clap::clap:

LOL Steely you're hilarious! :D

Do it, SteelyDan! I'm a Biloxi girl who livedbreathedatesleptworked Katrina; I applaud your dedication;)

Hey, can you make it a giant middle finger? The people of the coast would appreciate it. Thanks.

Do it, SteelyDan! I'm a Biloxi girl who livedbreathedatesleptworked Katrina; I applaud your dedication;)

Hey, can you make it a giant middle finger? The people of the coast would appreciate it. Thanks.

Do you wan FEMA written on it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back