GUILTY AL - 3 police officers shot to death at Birmingham house, 17 June 2004

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Birmingham, AL
Just breaking news.....apparently while searching for some suspect...

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Three police officers were shot to death at a Birmingham house Thursday, and a suspect and four other people were taken into custody, authorities said.

Dozens of officers — some wearing body armor and carrying shotguns and rifles — swarmed around the house and went door-to-door in the neighborhood of modest, older homes, apparently searching for a suspect in the early afternoon shooting.

Jefferson County Sheriff Mike Hale said Nathaniel Lauell Woods, 27, and four others were in police custody. Police said Woods was a suspect, and earlier had released copies of his mug shot, but they did not say why they took the other people into custody.

It was not known if any charges had been filed, and details of the killings were not immediately available.

www.foxnews.com

It was said, that it's been 24 years since a birmingham officer has been killed on duty.

GOD BLESS THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES...HEROES FOREVER. such a horrible tragic waste.

5 suspects are in custody! Seems the warrant was for some misdemeanor offe
nse, but these suspects were crackheads. It is not the best neighborhood, nor, the worst. Still, this is unreal, to the whole community.

I hate hearing this and can't even imagine what the officers' families are going through. My sweety is in LE and I make sure I tell him I love him every day and say a little prayer for him everyday.

8868137_F_store.jpg

From December 2005:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20051210/NEWS/512100322

A Jefferson County judge sentenced a Tuscaloosa man to death by lethal injection for his role in the slayings of three Birmingham police officers.

Nathaniel Woods, 28, joins his co-defendant, Kerry Spencer, on Alabama’s list of condemned prisoners...

Carlos “Curly" Owen, 58, Harley Chisholm III, 40, and Charles Robert Bennett, 33, were shot on June 17, 2004, while trying to serve a misdemeanor warrant on Woods at an Ensley crack den he operated with Spencer. A fourth officer, Michael Collins, was wounded but survived.

Death sentence upheld for man who killed three Alabama officers
The death sentence of a man convicted of killing three Birmingham police officers more than a decade ago was upheld by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals on Friday.

The judges rejected the appeal of death row inmate Nathaniel Woods, who claimed his lawyer wasn't effective during his trial in the fatal shootings of officers Carlos Owen, Harley Chisholm and Charles Bennett (...)
http://www.officer.com/news/12201626/death-sentence-upheld-for-man-who-killed-three-alabama-officers

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back