Lindsey Baum "important"

Status
Not open for further replies.

onamission7304

Reaction score
This is to everyone

when we came to open up a search center for lindsey and give people some search information and instructions we forgot to say one thing when we first got it started and that is this
"when you walk in the doors of the new lindsey search center leave your egos behind you this is about lindsey and bringing her home it is not about anything else" i have read some pretty harsh things regarding melissa baum and let me be the first to say no she is not a perfect mother none of us are.

i have read some of the horrible things people are saying and it is so unfair and really not called for. Melissa is doing her best as a single mother who has a son with disabilities and the father of these kids not in the picture. I am not here to say bad things about scott but Melissa is doing the best she can. She reads things on this sight even though i have told her that she shouldn't because people say cruel things. Please people stop the slander and harsh words. All of this is useless in helping to find lindsey.

I would hope that when a child goes missing we would all concentrate on that child and not use this site or any other site to slander that childs family. Lindsey may not have a perfect life but none of us or our children do. So please before you write anything else about melissa and how you feel or what you have heard about her think about this" what would you want to be reading if it were your child and you were trying so desperately to find her or him? it would not be horrible things to make us feel worse than we do because our child has been abducted. All of us would want the entire world to be out looking for our child. We would not want to hear or read how people think of us as a person or parent. lindsey deserves better . So please everyone just think of lindsey and bringing her home.

I hope you all put as much effort in helping with the searches for Lindsey as you have writing and saying all these horrible things.

We will be getting the searches started again on sept 11 and hope to keep them going everyday until we find lindsey.

Thanks to all of you who made it to the community center/lindsey center last weekend. I hope the continued searches brings more people out than the first searches. You all know lindsey is crying to come home and we need to help her!

Hi onamission. Are you referring to someone posting here on WS? I'm not aware of anyone here slandering MB or Lindsey's family. At least not that I've seen. I do know that when a child goes missing, we explore everything, including that child's family. And some questions do come up. But you're right. No parent is perfect, and those imperfections don't mean that they are to blame. But I think everyone here...to my knowledge...respects Lindsey's family and wishes nothing but the best for them. Everyone here wants Lindsey to come home.

You said it better than I ever could.

Thank you.

You are welcome I thought it might help we don't need all the neg stuff we need to focus on Lindsey and it all needs to stay positive!

I don't know which thread I read things on but there were words written regarding Melissa, Scott and others in her family. I am new at this site but I am sure someone can direct you to where they are posted. They used terms like MB MM and SB.
I also wanted to let people know that when we go to help with setting up searches we usually state Please leave your egos behind you this is about Lindsey and bringing her home. It was just forgot to say when we started the searches last weekend!

You are welcome I thought it might help we don't need all the neg stuff we need to focus on Lindsey and it all needs to stay positive!

That's why I'm frustrated with the lack of local turn out at the searches. If people have a problem with Melissa, that's fine. But this isn't about Melissa, it's about Lindsey.
Even if my worst enemy had a child go missing.. I'd still be there for them.

I don't know which thread I read things on but there were words written regarding Melissa, Scott and others in her family. I am new at this site but I am sure someone can direct you to where they are posted. They used terms like MB MM and SB.
I also wanted to let people know that when we go to help with setting up searches we usually state Please leave your egos behind you this is about Lindsey and bringing her home. It was just forgot to say when we started the searches last weekend!

Not a problem. I do believe you. I just want to let you know that terms of "MB", "SB", etc....we use those as shorthand for a persons name. They are not meant to be insults or derrogatory at all. MB = Melissa Baum. SB = Scott Baum. Etc. So don't be shocked if you see those all over the place. :)

That's why I'm frustrated with the lack of local turn out at the searches. If people have a problem with Melissa, that's fine. But this isn't about Melissa, it's about Lindsey.
Even if my worst enemy had a child go missing.. I'd still be there for them.

Is the the feeling that you get? That it could be because of feelings for MB? I'm really trying to understand how the locals are feeling about this case. I was under the impression they are not helping because of the local LE.

No it was not the use of MB ect. it was what they were saying. Really hurtful stuff.
I even got a call from someone I won't mention names and it was not melissa. this person asked me to please try and help to stop people from posting harsh hurtful things.
so I wrote what I thought would be helpful. I did not write it to point fingers at anyone person just to try and make people understand that all of this is about Lindsey.
saying harsh and hurtful stuff does no good!
I don't know if it was someone who knows her or someone who has heard things from someone else. I dont want to offend anyone just want to get a point across:)

Is the the feeling that you get? That it could be because of feelings for MB? I'm really trying to understand how the locals are feeling about this case. I was under the impression they are not helping because of the local LE.

No. It's not my feelings. I don't know what the locals think about any of it because I haven't talked to any of them.

I'm saying that IF this is the reason then they need to not be like that. If they are worried about the local LE that's a whole other story. I don't know what is going on in McCleary that would make people fear the LE.. but I wish they'd put Lindsey first and talk if they know something.

I am not sure why the McCleary people are not coming out. I know that other people are. I do know that Melissa has only been in McCleary for 2 years so she is kind of new to the area. I only know that we can not put our efforts into the why the town is not helping. All our efforts need to be focused on Lindsey and reaching out to as many people in the state of Washington that we can letting them know we need volunteers to help with searches. So please help us by getting the word out!

Okay, just wanted to make sure. That's very disappointing that someone would post something like that here. Yes, we are open to exploring all avenues, but not attacking a victim's family. :( Thank you for trying to get the focus back in the right direction. You're right. This is about bringing Lindsey home. I was just curious if it was indeed here at WS that these things were written. I don't think you're offending anyone by saying focus on Lindsey. :) That is what we should be doing.

I'm working on making flyers for the next search.. I just need a date and a place and I'll get them printed out, copied and distributed.

When we work on any case we look at all the people involved in the child's life from the people who are closest to her and work our way out. It is not meant to offend anyone. LE doesn't do that to offend either, but to rule people out. Maybe the threads you saw were from much earlier in the case before MB was ruled out by LE stating she passed her LDT. However, there was one thread that was pulled when discussing things which went far beyond that scope.

We normally don't advise family members to read the investigation threads here, IIRC. There is a forum set up for information for family members in another location. We go into so many graphic details here and most would be uncomfortable with reading such things.

No one is out to disparage the family. We are only trying to figure out what could have happened to Lindsey. People do have to be ruled out as we go along. This means we do get into personal areas, but we try to be factual and gather information from credible sources.

I'm working on making flyers for the next search.. I just need a date and a place and I'll get them printed out, copied and distributed.
When you do get the flyer done could you post it here on the forum? If it's ok there are some websites, blogs I can post the image on with the word to spread it around.

Onamission7304 - Great post, very to the point- I think in the scheme of things sometimes it is easy to lose a bit of direction sometimes and focus can be directed on aspects of a family or situation that truly is not related to the case at hand (Lindsey's disappearance and bringing her home) or things turn into a war of personal opinions. I won't point fingers or name names but can attest that this is one reason several locally would not join the searches - because of a premade judgement based on half truths and stories. In the long run the only person that truly hurts is Lindsey.

I don't post but wanted to step in and send out a huge thanks to you onamission7304, JenniferO, JVK, Breanna, Cyberswept and the rest of you that helped out this past weekend with the searches and the search center - and a big thank you to everyone else who is trying to crack what happened to Lindsey.

Keep up the great work you guys - this forum is definitely a step (more actually) above the rest!

L4L

Welcome to WS;)

I won't point fingers or name names but can attest that this is one reason several locally would not join the searches - because of a premade judgement based on half truths and stories. In the long run the only person that truly hurts is Lindsey.

Just for clarification, do you mean that people have stayed away from the searches because of things that have been said here? Or, do you mean things that have been said on other sites? Or, do you mean things that have been said in McCleary; i.e., the local rumor mill, as every town has one?

LookN4Lindsey
You are welcome! I know we all want the same thing to bring Lindsey home so thank you and everyone else who is looking out for Lindsey and helping to bring her home:)

And just a side note of thanks to Kara for all of your hard work and for helping with finding a new search center!

I also want to touch on what SS said upthread a bit. Let me preface this by saying that I in no way condone disparaging remarks about a victim's family. I'll leave that judgement to a higher power.

Having said that, investigations begin with the people closest to the victim and work out from there. Unfortunately, that is usually the family. And there's a good reason for that. Statistics show that most crimes are committed by those closest to them. For the most part, I believe that the members here are respectful of those people while trying to pick a case apart in the hope of finding clues as to what might have happened.

I am heartbroken over this child and I know that the others who participate on her forum are as well. Please know that the goal here is to find Lindsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell