GA - Roger Stephens for slapping stranger's 2yo girl, Stone Mountain, 2009

Unbelievable! Thank goodness that the bystander held this man for the security people. Imagine the trauma the poor baby felt when this nut job started slapping!

496349.jpg

He even looks mean. Poor child!

I'd like to slap him a couple of times. This would be a murder case if some idiot slapped my child. I don't care if my child was crying, being a brat, or what.

He's got the same moronic theory that some others have...when a child is crying, in order to stop the crying, slap, hit, punch, etc.

WTH?!?!
He was in a PUBLIC place! Why not just I dunno.......walk away? Why ASSAULT A BABY??

I bet this man doesnt have a criminal history but instead has a "familial" history of anger & abuse & Im sure neighbors,co-workers & family members(if they felt safe)would attest to it!!!

WTH?!?!
He was in a PUBLIC place! Why not just I dunno.......walk away? Why ASSAULT A BABY??

I bet this man doesnt have a criminal history but instead has a "familial" history of anger & abuse & Im sure neighbors,co-workers & family members(if they felt safe)would attest to it!!!
:) lol you are trying to be rational.
This man does not sound rational at all.

Wal-Mart is large enough for him to go someplace else in the store and return to that department after the baby has left, if it bothered him that much.
I agree that he looks very mean spirited.
I hope he got locked up for at least 1 year. Other wise he may think that is a great way to solve a problem.

I SURE HOPE HE HAS NO CHILDREN OF HIS OWN....

What an A Hole!!!! He looks like a mean old man! He is very lucky he is just going to jail and not 6 feet under because if it had been my baby I would have been making some weapons out of whatever was in that aisle!

I hope someone investigates into any children in his life. If he will hit a stranger's baby in public like that, just think of what he might do in private to his own child or grandchild!!!

He's lucky it wasn't my child or that I wasn't there. I'd have given him a taste of his own medicine.

(Yes, one of my worst faults is the inability to turn the other cheek.)

Ooooo, I love the idea of a charge of assault on a minor, or even better, battery and child abuse.

Oh, and let him in general pop.

No problem slapping a baby, but funny he didn't resist the men stopping him from leaving... cowardass.

I hope he does some time for this, I think he will being that it's a felony.

I am dumbfounded by this. I saw that the child is 2. My 2-year-old is one of the whiniest, most irritating children I've ever met, so I can sort of imagine other customers being irritated... (Although I am always so relieved when a crying child isn't mine, that I don't mind the noise a bit!) But it's not as though they were trapped on a plane together... I'm so puzzled about why he didn't just walk away. Were they stuck in a slow-moving check-out line together?

Something must be wrong with him. What a horrible person, and I feel so sorry for the mom and child. Glad the child is too young to remember, although I'd think something like this could make the child very fearful of strangers and public places.

What!! If that was my baby, that man would have been leaving with an ice pack where the sun don't shine or worse. Slapping a baby because she was crying? Go to a different aisle! WTH!

496349.jpg

He even looks mean. Poor child!

Oh man. He looks like a crab. I hope he has no grandkids or small children in his neighbourhood.

I must admit, kids can get annoying in stores, but I have to say I never, ever would consider doing something like this. What did he need total silence for? He was in a Wal-Mart, not performing surgery!

Even sitting strapped in an airplane seat next to the loudest, most obnoxious two-year-old in the world, whose parents are reading magazines and ignoring the situation, you're not allowed to slap the baby. :nono:

Heck, you're not even allowed to slap adults just because they're loud and annoying.

Even sitting strapped in an airplane seat next to the loudest, most obnoxious two-year-old in the world, whose parents are reading magazines and ignoring the situation, you're not allowed to slap the baby. :nono:

Heck, you're not even allowed to slap adults just because they're loud and annoying.

I WISH we could slap adults because they were loud and annoying....

With that said, if this guy had slapped MY kid, no one would have needed to hold him for security. He would have been unconscious on the ground. And that's if I was in a generous mood that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back