Plea from Ron Cummings 9/1/09

Capri

Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/video/20657559/index.html

Recorded last night 9/1/09, outside his attorney's office. Around the 3 min mark on the video. Short plea, and unusual wording.

"She has a loving family at home that needs her, more than whoever has her, and you don't deserve her, so let her go so she can come home to where she belongs."

Me transcribing what is said (please forgive any errors I make)

It wasn't long before MC (reporter speaking) came out with her head hung low and quietly got into this white BMW before speeding off with nothing to say.

(more coverage of MC...nothing we don't know already)

Ronalds new attn says that despite the negative light that is cast on his new wife he stands behind her 100%.

Ron's attn speaking: He has no reason not to believe his wife at this point and he's going to stand by her until something else comes up.

Reporter: RC wanted to send this message to the person that has his daughter:

Has (or there's) a loving family at home that needs her (pause) more than whoever has her uhmm and you don't deserve her (pause) so let her go so she can come home to where she belongs...(video cuts away to reporter)

I did a quick transcribe in case there is anyone here that is at work and can't watch the video until later.

I can't say I've ever seen RC exhibit that demeanor before, and I"m not quite sure what to make of it at this time.

Forgive me, but telling someone who has your child held hostage, "You don't deserve her"...just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Consider Ron's theme seems to be "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", I would think he would understand that.

Sounds like Ron's attorney is advising him. Mark my words: from now on, anything Ron has to say will be read from a printed formal statement.

Mixed emotions. LE have stated that it was not a stranger abduction and there is nothing pointing to that versus someone MC knows or MC.

If it was a kidnapper then there has been alluding to that but, LE/FBI would have tackled that sooner to fund a ransom and trap the perps -- so given this is 'secret' I don't buy a kidnapping/hostage.

If it was someone that wanted Haleigh as their own then I don't buy that given that Haleigh was theoretically taken from her own bed late at night from within a home that was 'locked'?

I see this as a distraction to take the focus off them and put it back onto some bad person out there who is holding Haleigh.

Once again, the public statement is for everyone to search for Haleigh and for the Perp to return Haleigh when, RC himself has info that he knows MC knows a LOT.

I can't begin to get inside his head and read what he's doing right now. To be honest, for that I"m kind of grateful. No sarcasm at all.

But, yes I agree it sounds as if he is parroting what his Lawyer had advised him to say. The uhmm, the errr's. But in the end who knows with this guy?

To me it always sounds like Ronald knows exactly who he is talking to when he makes these statements. I hope he has given that information to LE. Once again, love is a verb.

To me it always sounds like Ronald knows exactly who he is talking to when he makes these statements. I hope he has given that information to LE. Once again, love is a verb.

I disagree, there is no sense of urgency in this. There are facts that are not being aggressively pursued. If there was some lead you'd be all over it in hours/days not months. 7 months!!!! Imagine the horror of a little girl being held for 7 months.

Shades of the A's. This is just like the Caylee story and we are supposed to believe that Caylee is with a kidnapper but that it is o.k. because the kidnapper loves the child, is not harming her. Please give her back to us. BS. Caylee was gone.

Most perps who take a child abuse them and dispose of them quickly so they do not get seen or caught. I don't buy that in this case BTW.

I am sorry but, someone other than just MC may know what happened to Haleigh that night and ..... I do want to buy into the Haleigh is still alive theory, just like I wanted to in Caylee is Alive sightings but.... RC is just doing the right thing, following attorney direction and --- going through the motions.

Something is wrong ...... the blankie ......

I disagree, there is no sense of urgency in this. There are facts that are not being aggressively pursued. If there was some lead you'd be all over it in hours/days not months. 7 months!!!! Imagine the horror of a little girl being held for 7 months.

Shades of the A's. This is just like the Caylee story and we are supposed to believe that Caylee is with a kidnapper but that it is o.k. because the kidnapper loves the child, is not harming her. Please give her back to us. BS. Caylee was gone.

Most perps who take a child abuse them and dispose of them quickly so they do not get seen or caught. I don't buy that in this case BTW.

I am sorry but, someone other than just MC may know what happened to Haleigh that night and ..... I do want to buy into the Haleigh is still alive theory, just like I wanted to in Caylee is Alive sightings but.... RC is just doing the right thing, following attorney direction and --- going through the motions.

Something is wrong ...... the blankie ......

I agree cyborg, I know my post is a little misleading because there is not many words there. I do not believe that Haleigh is alive and I don't know if she made out of 202 Green Lane alive. It is hard to type that but it is just the way I feel. I agree completely that there is no sense of urgency there with RC. I don't know that there ever was. I saw grief and a very very hurting father in his first interview. But, I am thinking I may have been duped and I am just waiting for the truth to reveal itself.

Do you think he is speaking directly (indirectly) to someone, when he says "you don't deserve her"?

Do you think he is speaking directly (indirectly) to someone, when he says "you don't deserve her"?

Someone had posted prevously that RC was taking words from the plea for Jaycee that has recently been heavily played in the media. This likely came from his attorney as a credible thing to say. Sadly no-one has Haleigh, on Earth.

I saw grief and a very very hurting father in his first interview. But, I am thinking I may have been duped and I am just waiting for the truth to reveal itself.

When I think about that, I think about one of Crystal's first interviews, when she said something to the effect of, "I know Ron, and those were not real tears." She implied his crying was fake.

Just before that interview, I saw a clip of him crying getting into a car. It seemed to me that he turned it on for the camera. I didn't get the impression he had been crying before the camera was in his face.

Still, I'm on the fence about him.

When I think about that, I think about one of Crystal's first interviews, when she said something to the effect of, "I know Ron, and those were not real tears." She implied his crying was fake.

Just before that interview, I saw a clip of him crying getting into a car. It seemed to me that he turned it on for the camera. I didn't get the impression he had been crying before the camera was in his face.

Still, I'm on the fence about him.

Me too awake. Me too. I think it is for a couple of reasons. One because I am most vocal while I am posting on the internet. By nature, I am an extremely reserved person and a long time ago I learned the lesson (in a very hard way, more than once because I was hard headed that way) that once a bell is rung it can't be unrung. So I hesitate to judge or point a finger unless I have absolute conviction within my gut and heart that someone is responsible, because as with our spoken words~ what is typed an posted on the internet can't be taken back.

Secondly, I have yet to see any hard proof of his involvement. Sure, I can agree he's not a particularily nice guy. He's of the criminal element. In fact, I can go so far as to say, no way in hades, would I want to even get to know him. whatsoever.

But I have to hold out for hard proof. That's just me. I have the hard proof I need for MC. She's guilty as all get out in my mind. No matter what the deed turns out to be...she is culpable and responsible.

As soon as he used the word closure, I had suspected he was rehearsed.

Crystal has made basically the same plea especially at the one presser where they got the big check for the reward. Everyone's plea appeared to be directed at someone holding Haleigh enough that I questioned if they had gotten a ransom demand and it was the real reason for the press conference. I thought perhaps the large amount put up was because they were sending a message to a person with the kidnappers..."See this money! This will be your money if you give them up and come forward with information! And there will never be ransom paid so this is all you get!". Now how much was that check for again?

ETA: The check was for $8, 490 which brought the total of the reward up to...drum roll please...$35,000!!

Press Conference which was more like a funeral, imo. It was very odd.:

http://www.wesh.com/video/18901816/index.html

RC has also said that Haleigh was not like an object, that she is blood - bring her back.
"You don't deserve her" bring her back.

I think RC is being hit with a lot right now. Everyone around him is spinning carp and he and CS just keep saying, "please help me find my daughter." He has been over the phone records with LE now. He has heard what TM said about HC, MC, the tests, etc. etc. and what TM said RC told him. He made it pretty clear; he wants the perp(s) to fry. He is going on tv and trying to keep Haleigh in the forefront. He is in a living hell.

He doesn't know what to think. All he knows is his Heart is Missing and he wants her back.

I hate to be so pessimistic but I just don't think that Misty or Ron really believe Haleigh is still alive. I also go back to the beginning when weighing whats believable and whats not. I remember Ron's statement that first morning...I'd give my life for my child's life back. The fact that Misty initiated the 911 call while the biological father was standing right there also raises red flags for me. The "tears" I saw from Ron that first morning, his behavior just didn't seem totally real in my mind...but as always thats just my opinion.

So he was reading the plea from a card or paper he was holding?

Forgive me, but telling someone who has your child held hostage, "You don't deserve her"...just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Consider Ron's theme seems to be "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", I would think he would understand that.

Fantastic point, Capri.

Just like in the 911 call and that other time he publicly announced he will "kill" whoever did this, and how he's gonna "take out the trash" when the time comes. Yeah, I'm sure that's really gonna inspire and encourage the mystery/imaginary kidnapper to bring Haleigh back..... or maybe he knows she's already passed? :waitasec: :(

I agree cyborg, I know my post is a little misleading because there is not many words there. I do not believe that Haleigh is alive and I don't know if she made out of 202 Green Lane alive. It is hard to type that but it is just the way I feel. I agree completely that there is no sense of urgency there with RC. I don't know that there ever was. I saw grief and a very very hurting father in his first interview. But, I am thinking I may have been duped and I am just waiting for the truth to reveal itself.

Good post, elle.

BBM

My take is that he has known since the beginning that she is no longer alive.... those were tears of a parent grieving a child's death. He appeared to have no hope at all, even from the first day. Now he speaks of wanting "closure".

That's something families of murder victims tend to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back