SC SC - Natasha Warren, 23, Columbia, 24 Aug 2008

eeyorelrn

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
I have not seen a thread on this case on here. This case is very close to my heart, as I drove past her car 3 times that weekend on the way to work and the way home to work. Natasha was working 2 jobs to support her two small children, was about to get married, and had just graduated college. She had her whole life ahead of her, and that was stolen from her. I have seen the awesome things that my fellow Web Sleuthers have done in other cases, and I am hpoing by posting on here about Natasha, we can bring her killer to justice and give her family some kind of closure.
Victim found in car along I-26 identified
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 5:22 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 31, 2008 11:41 PM EDT

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Authorities say a woman found dead inside her car on an Interstate 26 exit near downtown Columbia on Sunday morning was shot in the chest.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott and Richland County Coroner Gary Watts on Monday announced the results of the autopsy of 23-year-old Natasha Warren.

The 23-year-old Columbia woman was found dead inside her car on Sunday near the Bush River Road exit.

Lott and Watts said Warren died as a result of a gunshot wound to the upper body.

Sheriff Lott stated the victim was on her way to work Friday when she got a flat tire. He said she went to a local convenience store and called a family member for assistance. Warren also called her bosses at the post office to tell them she'll be late, but she never showed up.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8891785

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9228358

Woman speaks about her sister's shooting death on I-26
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 2:38 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 31, 2008 5:24 PM EDT

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10969712

A year later, no suspects in death of woman found shot on I-26
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 12:10 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 26, 2009 11:51 PM EDT

http://videos.thestate.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=2123596&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

This is the link to the Surveillance video from the Sunoco gas station the night she was murdered. She entered the gas station 4 times, speaking to the cashier twice when getting money for the pay phones located outside.

This weekend when I am off, I am going to try to go and get some pictures of the area that I can post on here so that everyone can get an idea of the area and where this all happened.

Justice for Natasha Warren Columbia, SC - In Session Message Boards

Cell phone trouble forced woman found dead to leave car
Few new details emerge; authorities continue to look for answers
By ISHMAEL TATE
itate@thestate.com
A few new details emerged Wednesday in the investigation into the death of a young mother found shot to death in her car on an Interstate 26 exit ramp on Sunday.

Natasha Warren left her car and went to a nearby Sunoco convenience store to call for help with a flat tire because her cell phone wasn’t working, said Lt. Chris Cowan, Richland County Sheriff’s Department spokesman.

Inside the store she got change, likely to use a pay phone, Cowan said. She called her job and a family member.

at 4 seconds on the video, the man at the pump on the right hand side, seems to say something to the girl, which causes the other two standing in line to look also.....
he seems to be pumping gas, but it looks also he may had been putting his cap back on instead after putting the pump hose back on its base.
if you watch him, through the rest of the video, he just stands there, and does-not move at all.
What can you tell us about this person?
Has LE cleared him?

at 4 seconds on the video, the man at the pump on the right hand side, seems to say something to the girl, which causes the other two standing in line to look also.....
he seems to be pumping gas, but it looks also he may had been putting his cap back on instead after putting the pump hose back on its base.
if you watch him, through the rest of the video, he just stands there, and does-not move at all.
What can you tell us about this person?
Has LE cleared him?

I do not know for certain... Richland County Sheriffs Department is investigating this case, and they have been somewhat tight-lipped about a few things. As far as I know they had cleared almost everyone in the store, however they did release a photo of one gentleman that they wanted to talk to- I need to get that photo and post it here. As of the anniversary date, RCSD stated that they did not have any viable suspects, but I have not talked directly to the investigators yet.

http://www.rcsd.net/wanted/open_inv.htm

This is the Link to the Unsolved Crimes page for the Richland County Sheriffs Department. I am going to get in touch with the investigating officer, let him know about the thread, have him take a look at it, and hopefully get him to join us on here. However, I have never contacted LE about a case before. If someone could give me some pointers on what exactly to say and may how to word it, I would be very appreciative.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=67198&catid=2

UPDATE: Man Identified as Potential Witness Found Friday Oct 24, 2008

Thursday afternoon, deputies sent out photos of a man who they think may have helpful information in the August 24 death of Natasha Warren. Authorities believe he may have seen someone or something...

Deputies say the man saw himself in media reports Thursday night, came to the sheriff's department, and says he's willing to help investigators in whatever way he can.

Link to photo: http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=211311

natashawarrengasstation.jpg

Google Maps Street view of Gas Station

022.jpg

Picture taken by me of gas station

023.jpg

Intersection of Bush River Rd and Exit 108A

021.jpg

Directly across from Markers

020.jpg

Markers Placed in Memory of Natasha (where car was found)

natashawarrenexit.jpg

Google Maps view of exit and approximate site where car was found

quote...I am going to get in touch with the investigating officer, let him know about the thread, have him take a look at it, and hopefully get him to join us on here....end of quote.

Was you able to make any communication with LE?
I for one, have no idea on how to, for i have never been successful in making contact with LE.

And thank you for taking the time it took, to go and take pictures of the area, visual aids are always helpful in giving one a better perspective of a area.

I still say her killer was there at that lot, and either seen her there first, or stopped to see if she needed any-help when she was still at the car, after breaking down. and they followed her to the gas station..
I don't understand the reason she was shot, if a robbery, she would have given all she could to save her life.
since that day, HAS any records indicated her bank accounts had been accessed, or credit cards, checks used after-wards?

Did they have any video, of her at the phone outside, she made had been forced to go back to car by the killer.?

Would love to see more of the outside area at the time on the video tape, like they had shown for the inside.

some reason, i think she was in the trunk when found, though they say inside the car.?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...778,-81.102619&spn=0.002174,0.005638&t=h&z=14
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...778,-81.102619&spn=0.002174,0.005638&t=h&z=14

behind the gas station, and to the left, is that an apartment building?
and the pay phone, looks like it was next to the fence, which goes down to the street?, which would mean to get back to her car, she would have to walk down and around the fence, and head back up to her vehicle?

I know you may not be able to answer these questions, but I am asking now, in case a investigator comes here and read, and can answer them for us.
there's nothing really more on the web about this case, so having someone here to answer questions would be wonderful.

did she ever get a hold of anyone with the phone-calls, ?

this is the last ill post on this, until you or LE comes here to answer questions.
but my opinion, and its just speculations on my part...
but i would speculate that in fact she did reach someone by phone that night.
and that person told her to go back to the car and wait for them, probably the last person she called.....she went back, and perhaps that person she reached, or someone sent there on there behave, parked behind the vehicle, and got out and walked up to the car, and at point blank range, i mean right against her flesh, they fired and killed her.....they took her purse etc, to make it look like a robbery murder, when in fact it was murder to look like a robbery.......
that is why i ask, if any of her cards, checks etc, had been used, or tried to be used after her death......... a robber would have tried to buy something with it, gas, food, beer etc............but someone whom just wanted her dead, perhaps would have not used anything taken, knowing the paper trail would exist and perhaps lead back to them someway, a robber would not care about a paper trail, if they tried to use her stuff somewhere....
I would check to see, if at any time in her past, she had a restraining order or filed charges against someone like an ex etc.........perhaps, she did, and she called them in desperation, and she got killed for it...

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION, NOTHING BASED ON FACT AS FAR AS I KNOW.

MrTT,
I have not gotten in touch with LE yet, as I was not sure exactly what to say to them. I have thought about it a lot over the weekend and now have an idea of what I am planning to say, and plan to contact them this week.

As far as the Cameras at the Raceway, I don't knowif there are even any there, let alone where they are located and what vantage points they are at.... I am not even sure if there are any cameras pointed towards the far end of the lot of the Sunoco station. I have been in there dozens of times, but have never really paid attention unfortunately. That is definitely something that I would like to find out.

As far as finding her in her car, it has always been the impression by the media that she was found inside the passenger compartment. It was a SC State Trooper that had pulled in behind her car that found her, but it was never specifically stated where in her car she was found.

The RCSD has been pretty tight lipped about whether or not she got in touch with her family that night or not. They said it was part of the investigation early on, but never said anything else about it.

Robbery has NEVER been mentioned as a motive, but then again it has never been ruled out either. I have always had the impression that it was someone she knew, maybe not necessarily close, but knew well enough that she would trust them to help her out in a crunch. I know that LE has to keep some things "close to the vest" for investigative puropses, but I would like to know some of the answers to the questions you have too.

MrTT,
I have not gotten in touch with LE yet, as I was not sure exactly what to say to them. I have thought about it a lot over the weekend and now have an idea of what I am planning to say, and plan to contact them this week.

As far as the Cameras at the Raceway, I don't knowif there are even any there, let alone where they are located and what vantage points they are at.... I am not even sure if there are any cameras pointed towards the far end of the lot of the Sunoco station. I have been in there dozens of times, but have never really paid attention unfortunately. That is definitely something that I would like to find out.

As far as finding her in her car, it has always been the impression by the media that she was found inside the passenger compartment. It was a SC State Trooper that had pulled in behind her car that found her, but it was never specifically stated where in her car she was found.

The RCSD has been pretty tight lipped about whether or not she got in touch with her family that night or not. They said it was part of the investigation early on, but never said anything else about it.

Robbery has NEVER been mentioned as a motive, but then again it has never been ruled out either. I have always had the impression that it was someone she knew, maybe not necessarily close, but knew well enough that she would trust them to help her out in a crunch. I know that LE has to keep some things "close to the vest" for investigative puropses, but I would like to know some of the answers to the questions you have too.

Working w/Authorities - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

that link is for a thread here, for communicating with LE, perhaps you can learn something there or ask questions for someone here to answer.

I understand there being tight lipped on the case, but it has been a year now, so they must be stuck by some road block, or perhaps they have circumstantial evidence at this time, but nothing hard to take to a GJ, but have soft evidence.

this is one of the biggest problems we have here, or at least i do, is getting anyone close to the investigation, such as LE , to validate/confirm any information, to let one know if we are on the correct path or not, in providing a tip/information to help solve a case,
and the main word for me here, is HELP to solve a case, for i am not a detective, so i leave that to the detective to solve, i just try and offer a different path or add a piece of the puzzle here or there, for them to look at, and see if it may fit somewhere in there puzzle.

Having someone, on the investigation to come here and read this thread would be wonderful!
Even if there in disguise, or perhaps accept an email of this whole thread to look at and read, something!!

Some of questions, i posted were for LE.
I am sorry if they caused you frustration, because you didnot know the answer. we have answers, but are waiting for someone with the matching question to put 2 and 2 together, and that's where LE comes in.

I commend you, in being a voice for this person.
after so long, our voice is the only one they hear.

God bless you!

I emailed the lead investigator today, told him who I was, what Web Sleuths is about, gave him the links to the main page and to this forum. Here is a portion of the letter I emailed:

"The reason I am writing you is I have started a forum on Natasha Warren’s case on the web site. The direct link to the forum is as follows: SC-Natasha Warren- Murdered August 24, 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community . I am inviting you to take a look around the sight as a whole, and at Natasha’s forum in particular. There are several questions that have been raised that, quite frankly, with the little amount of information available on the web, we cannot answer. Any input you and RCSD would be willing to offer would be especially helpful. Those of us involved with Web Sleuths understand that in every case there is possibly information that cannot be given out, in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation. However, I am hoping that once you investigate the site itself, you would be willing to participate in some way, shape or form. As I said, the goal of Web Sleuths’ members to is to aid LE and bring those responsible for crimes to justice. I am hoping that those that join me on the sight will be able to help you and RCSD bring Natasha’s killer to justice."

I read it over and over, trying to make sure it sounded ok. I just hope to hear from the lead investigator soon, even if its to tell me he isn't interested in this forum. However, I am hoping that he will see it as another avenue to use to catch Natasha's killer.

I emailed the lead investigator today, told him who I was, what Web Sleuths is about, gave him the links to the main page and to this forum. Here is a portion of the letter I emailed:

"The reason I am writing you is I have started a forum on Natasha Warren’s case on the web site. The direct link to the forum is as follows: SC-Natasha Warren- Murdered August 24, 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community . I am inviting you to take a look around the sight as a whole, and at Natasha’s forum in particular. There are several questions that have been raised that, quite frankly, with the little amount of information available on the web, we cannot answer. Any input you and RCSD would be willing to offer would be especially helpful. Those of us involved with Web Sleuths understand that in every case there is possibly information that cannot be given out, in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation. However, I am hoping that once you investigate the site itself, you would be willing to participate in some way, shape or form. As I said, the goal of Web Sleuths’ members to is to aid LE and bring those responsible for crimes to justice. I am hoping that those that join me on the sight will be able to help you and RCSD bring Natasha’s killer to justice."

I read it over and over, trying to make sure it sounded ok. I just hope to hear from the lead investigator soon, even if its to tell me he isn't interested in this forum. However, I am hoping that he will see it as another avenue to use to catch Natasha's killer.
I hope you do make that connection, so we perhaps can get some validation from LE.
Good luck!

I hope you do make that connection, so we perhaps can get some validation from LE.
Good luck!

I heard back from the lead investigator today!!!
Thank you for your interest in this case as well as the invite to look at the link. I have forwarded this e-mail to my Captain and will get back with you after looking at the forum to see what questions we can answer.

Inv. Holdorf

When I hear back I will let you all know what he says! I hope that we can in some small way make enough of a difference to get justice form Natasha.

Just updating... Have not heard back from Invest. Holdorf yet... Hopefully in the next week we will hear something.

Another update.... Still nothing from the investigator to date... Going to contact him again this week... I would have this past week but I had a death in my family and have been very preoccupied...

Another update.... Still nothing from the investigator to date... Going to contact him again this week... I would have this past week but I had a death in my family and have been very preoccupied...

Sorry to read about that, please accept my condolence on your lost.
as far as no response, it does not mean they have not come here and read things, like they said they were going to.

if they did, you will know, by seeing how the investigation continues, and what the latest news reports are, and then you can compare what comes about, with what we posted here, and then you will know if we had made any contributions to the investigation, by watching things develop.

Thanks for keeping me and the rest of us updated, it is very much appreciated, and once again, i am very sorry to read about your lost.

Bumping for NAtasha... Waiting on reply from LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back