The Songs

WALNUT CREEK — A Concord man who says he knew Phillip Garrido well for 15 years and met Jaycee Dugard and their two girls played a pair of CDs for the Times on Thursday containing suggestive rock songs and trippy synthetic ballads he says Garrido recorded and gave to him about three years ago.

The discs contain about 20 songs, with lyrics that seem to reflect Garrido's now infamous history in prison for the kidnapping and rape of a woman in 1976, and perhaps the abduction and sexual assault of Jaycee Dugard.

Lyric snips from article

"Leavenworth's a long long way from Nashville/ Here I go, tra-la-la/But I get my jollies in a motorcar, feelin' good,"

"The way she walks, yeah, subtly sexy/What can I do? I fall victim too/A little child, yeah, look what you do."

"Mother in your eyes, deepness in your pride/played well when I first met 'ya/Saved from the days, I kept saving you, but in the darkness you remain/Everybody pays in the human race/Being abused and used as devices."

"I will tell you about the only one/She's a dream, dream come true/With a note saying you're my baby blue."

"For every little girl in the world/They want to be in love, yeah/You're just the same, go play a game/Just tell me that you want me."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_13272157

WALNUT CREEK — A Concord man who says he knew Phillip Garrido well for 15 years and met Jaycee Dugard and their two girls played a pair of CDs for the Times on Thursday containing suggestive rock songs and trippy synthetic ballads he says Garrido recorded and gave to him about three years ago.

The discs contain about 20 songs, with lyrics that seem to reflect Garrido's now infamous history in prison for the kidnapping and rape of a woman in 1976, and perhaps the abduction and sexual assault of Jaycee Dugard.

Lyric snips from article

"Leavenworth's a long long way from Nashville/ Here I go, tra-la-la/But I get my jollies in a motorcar, feelin' good,"

"The way she walks, yeah, subtly sexy/What can I do? I fall victim too/A little child, yeah, look what you do."

"Mother in your eyes, deepness in your pride/played well when I first met 'ya/Saved from the days, I kept saving you, but in the darkness you remain/Everybody pays in the human race/Being abused and used as devices."

"I will tell you about the only one/She's a dream, dream come true/With a note saying you're my baby blue."

"For every little girl in the world/They want to be in love, yeah/You're just the same, go play a game/Just tell me that you want me."

Glad this has been found. It should go a long way at the trial to state of mind. These lyrics...just :puke:

This guy really is a piece of work...

I'm suprised he didn't name one of his CD's "I took Jaycee and renamed her Alissa (and she lives in a shed in my backyard!)"

Lyric snips from article

"Leavenworth's a long long way from Nashville/ Here I go, tra-la-la/But I get my jollies in a motorcar, feelin' good," Remembering where he came from, maybe where he spent so much time fantaczing about the crime. Perhaps where he planned it?

"The way she walks, yeah, subtly sexy/What can I do? I fall victim too/A little child, yeah, look what you do." He talks in the way you sometimes see an obsessed person talking. Shows that he watched her. Admits that even to him she is a child, blames his attraction on her.

He saw how she missed her mother, but he admired her. He had planned to kill her, but then couldn't. "In the darkness you remain" I don't know if that is to be taken literal as she was kept in darkness or if the darkness is related to keeping her hidden. He saw her pain and that wasn't what moved him, in the phrase "everybody pays in the human race." Being abused, he acknowleged he knew what he did hurt her. Device, he used her as a sexual device.

"I will tell you about the only one/She's a dream, dream come true/With a note saying you're my baby blue." Again obsession, I would guess that she was the girl who matched his fantasy.

"For every little girl in the world/They want to be in love, yeah/You're just the same, go play a game/Just tell me that you want me." He saw little girls as sexual beings, and he agrees to let her be a child, as long as she was available to him when he wanted.

Everybody interprets lyrics in their own ways, adds their own meanings to the lyrics. But here is what I think he is saying.

I have visions of this pervert singing his “love songs” to an 11 year old Jaycee. I’m going to be sick.

Everybody interprets lyrics in their own ways, adds their own meanings to the lyrics. But here is what I think he is saying.

I think you're right on target, ITA. It is sickening; I bet his deep understanding of what was going on, as he shows in these songs, will help in his prosecution.

I hope to heck that this man gets permission from Jaycee's family before he tries anything.

"Marc Lister, who ran a glass shop in Antioch, said he plans to turn the CDs over to law enforcement if they want it, but he also hopes somehow to raise money from it for abused women or children."

This CD should be turned over the LE immediately, IMO. This is not how I would want money made for my victimized daughter!!

Just when I think that this case cannot get any weirder...

Unreal...:frown:

I hope LE takes possession of the CD's.

Maz

OMG, these songs remind me of the monster millionaire who kept several women over the years, locked in his basement dungeon. When he was arrested he stated "but I never hurt anyone." He was recorded with one of his victims dancing and making up "silly" songs to be given to her "captors," and had told her that he was just following orders.

Garrido is one sick SOB.

Police are taking the yellow van from the property. It sounds like it was pretty entrenched and overgrown with plants and weeds. I got to thinking about the phrase about the motorcar. Could that be the van? Maybe Jaycee's first prison, or at least where she was taken when he wanted to abuse her.

I found this up in media.

CBS 5 has obtained music apparently written and performed by Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping suspect Phillip Garrido over the last 15 years.

The songs allude to girls and there is at least one reference to lewd acts.

In one song, Garrido mentions the name of one of his daughters, calling her "my lovely one."
http://cbs5.com/local/phillip.garrido.music.2.1165331.html

I am so hoping that he left Jaycee's children alone. But he it looks like he is starting to see them the way he used to see Jaycee.

There's a thread about the songs already:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88568"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88568[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back