FL FL - Melisa Brady-Sloan, 23, Orlando, 1 May 1994

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/01/13/missing_womans_family_turns_to_dna/9386/

13 Jan 08

The family of a missing Kentucky woman will provide DNA samples to see if she has turned up in a national unidentified body database.

Melisa Maureen Brady-Sloan was 23 when disappeared 14 years ago, about a year after she and her husband John Sloan moved to Orlando, Fla. John Sloan told police his wife left with another man, but her family did not believe she would have left behind her car and her cat, The Louisville (Ky.) Courier-Journal reported Sunday.

Her Social Security card, credit cards and nursing license have not been used since she went missing, the newspaper said.

John Sloan, who divorced his wife eight months after she disappeared, is remarried and lives in Bellingham, Wash.

The Bradys say they have long held out hope Melisa would return, but more than anything they just want answers. Providing their DNA will allow authorities to ascertain whether any of the unidentified bodies recorded in a national registry is Melisa's.

Orlando police have not ruled out foul play in the disappearance.

Update:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cases of missing women captivate attention across the nation.

Melisa Sloan, a young nurse at Orlando Regional Medical Center, disappeared and the last person to see her won't answer police questions.

Police hope to use new scientific tools will help solve the missing person cases that most people have probably never heard of.

http://www.wesh.com/news/15296432/detail.html?rss=orl&psp=news

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/07/grace.coldcase.sloan/index.html

She was 24, a newlywed who moved to Orlando, Florida, with her husband just a few months before she vanished in May 1994. In the 15 years since, there have been no clues or signs of Melisa Brady Sloan, despite periodic searches. The native of Louisville, Kentucky, was close to her family and a devoted nurse working long hours at Orlando Regional Hospital. She disappeared just 10 days before she was due in court to testify against her husband in a domestic violence case.

"She loved him and wanted to work things out with him," says Melanie Brady Drury, Sloan's sister.

It was a whirlwind romance, Drury said. The two met in Louisville, where Melisa was a nurse and John Sloan was a night security guard at the same hospital. He said he had just been discharged from the Army Special Forces.

They dated only a few months before marrying quickly. Within weeks of the wedding, they moved to Orlando. Her family was concerned about the move because they barely knew this new man in Melisa's life.

"He was very controlling of her, and that's when the physical violence between them began," Drury said.

More at link.

Missing since May 1, 1994 from
Orlando, Florida (Orange County)
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: July 4, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Description: White Female, Blonde Hair, Brown Eyes
Graduated from Bardstown High School in 1988
Graduated from Spencerian College in 1990
Daughter of Merle and Francis (Frank) C. Brady
Sister of Michele Brady Walker, BHS 1976
Sister of Melanie Brady Drury, BHS 1979

I swear I searched and could not find her case on websleuths! I just found it under missing but not forgotten. If someone knows how to merge threads - please feel free to do so! Thanks for your help!

I didn't see this and started a thread under the missing persons area. I really think this dirtbag is guilty - I can't believe he is living it up in WA! Taking stupid pictures of BRATZ dolls.

Why is the Charlie Project link not working? I am guessing her husband had something to do with this; however, another red flag is that she went missing from the same area as Jennifer Kesse and Traci Ocasio and have similar age and looks to them...

<snip>

Woman Vanished From Orlando Area In 1994

POSTED: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
UPDATED: 2:10 pm EDT October 27, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The reward for any information on the whereabouts of a woman who has been missing for more than 15 years has been increased to $10,000.

Melisa Sloan, 39, disappeared under suspicious circumstances on May 1, 1994, from Orlando.

According to the Web site melisasloan.org, Sloan was last seen at her apartment on South Kirkman Road in Orlando. Her husband, John Sloan, said she packed up her belongings and left, the Web site says. Her family reported her missing after not hearing from her, according to the site.

more here

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21439675/detail.html

sloan_melisa.jpg
sloan_melisa2.jpg
sloan_melisa6.jpg

Above Images: Melisa, circa 1994
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sloan_melisa.html

Melisa has been missing for 21 years today.

I worked with Melisa in the early 90's before she married John and moved to Florida. She was a very sweet girl and like myself, a little naive. She was a genuine, caring person and it saddens me deeply that she has been missing so long. Her former husband I believe has now moved back to Florida and is doing photography still it seems. I wish for closure for her family and justice for the evil person who took her away from the family she loved so much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back