The Argument that Ron and Misty had.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
I don't see a discussion thread for this. Apperently they got into a fight the night before Haleigh went missing(around 8:30 is when this fight took place) b.c Misty wanted to babysit another family members children. Ron tried calling her back after that and she didn't pick up her phone until 3:30am in the morning.

I wonder if LE has questioned this family to find out if Misty went and babysat?

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/08/misty-cummings-brother-quizzed-haleigh-siting/#more-2778

I don't see a discussion thread for this. Apperently they got into a fight the night before Haleigh went missing(around 8:30 is when this fight took place) b.c Misty wanted to babysit another family members children. Ron tried calling her back after that and she didn't pick up her phone until 3:30am in the morning.

I wonder if LE has questioned this family to find out if Misty went and babysat?

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/08/misty-cummings-brother-quizzed-haleigh-siting/#more-2778
I was thinking the same thing.Do you know who the family member was she wanted to baby sit for and when?

In 1 interview, MC says she was 'exhausted'..........(from her 3 day binge?)
BUT wanted to go out to (unspecified) relative.......WHY??? and have 2 kids
and more to babysit? I doubt that. After a 3 day party, she probably didn't want to babysit ANY kids.........

I'd love to see more media sources than just ArtHarris/TheSky for this. Are there any mainstream media outlets that have reported on the fight? I'm guessing LE isn't going to confirm anything about it.

Perhaps she used a phony "babysitting" excuse in order to get permission to leave the mobile home to go and do whatever it is she wanted to do! Maybe she asked him if it was okay for her to go and "babysit" and he saw through the charade or just said she already had enough to do. Maybe she got pissy because she never really wanted to babysit anyway but party and fool around some more. Who knows...maybe she turned off the phone because her plan to get out with permission was foiled so she shut off the phone and whatever happened that night happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/02/ng.01.html

"NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, according to Tim Miller, they were arguing about -- Misty had apparently been gone for several days prior to Haleigh going missing. She had just come back into the house. They had had arguments about possibly some -- her entertaining other people outside of their relationship.
And when she came back into the house that argument had carried over and carried over also into the day that Haleigh went missing."

Perhaps she used a phony "babysitting" excuse in order to get permission to leave the mobile home to go and do whatever it is she wanted to do! Maybe she asked him if it was okay for her to go and "babysit" and he saw through the charade or just said she already had enough to do. Maybe she got pissy because she never really wanted to babysit anyway but party and fool around some more. Who knows...maybe she turned off the phone because her plan to get out with permission was foiled so she shut off the phone and whatever happened that night happened.

My thoughts exactly! I think she used that babysitting excuse to do something else and whatever it was that she wanted to do she did and didn't want Ron to find out about it.

I seriously doubt the argument was over Misty wanting to babysit...And I seriously doubt Misty asked Ron if she could babysit in order to use that as an excuse to go partying that particular night..JMO

Big argument; phone not available after fight; child goes missing during phone shut-off time = Ron is not at all suspicious of g/f who was watching child and refused to answer phone

What part of this equation makes sense?

added to that, on his way home after the phone being shut off and unable to reach Misty, he stops and gets her cigarettes and himself a beer. I have to ask if I was in that position would I feel like getting treats for my significant other or would I be burning the road to get home and find out why that darn phone was off. And if I was a really good father, I would be furious that communication had been cut off between me and my home during any period of time, but especially during the night.

I have to say, this side show is getting worse and worse. It is making me sick to my stomach.

I highly doubt that the arguement was about babysitting. I think it had a lot to do with what transpired that weekend before HC went missing. I don't get this part though, If my communication was cut off by the person in charge of my children, my first stop would have been to the home, especially since it was reported by TJH & cobra (however credible cobra is) that RC had to drive by the home to get to the store he went to that evening. To step it up a notch, knowing me and how i am about my child, i would have sent my mom over right away. I really don't think it was a big deal that he went to the store at all. He smokes cigs, so i am sure those were for him, and he probably wanted to havea couple of beers before going to bed, to "sleep better" (my dad use to say this, i thought it was funny) and munch on some peanuts, which do go good with beer.

the other part i am not sure about is this, "IF" this big arguement was about MC activities the prior weekend, why has RC kept MC up on a pedistal? (and the rest of the family for that matter) I would think if RC was angry abotu that weekend, He would be so much more angry about HC missing. JMO

added to that, on his way home after the phone being shut off and unable to reach Misty, he stops and gets her cigarettes and himself a beer. I have to ask if I was in that position would I feel like getting treats for my significant other or would I be burning the road to get home and find out why that darn phone was off. And if I was a really good father, I would be furious that communication had been cut off between me and my home during any period of time, but especially during the night.

He could have at least picked up laundry detergent. I guess we all have our priorities.

I have to say, this side show is getting worse and worse. It is making me sick to my stomach.

I highly doubt that the arguement was about babysitting. I think it had a lot to do with what transpired that weekend before HC went missing. I don't get this part though, If my communication was cut off by the person in charge of my children, my first stop would have been to the home, especially since it was reported by TJH & cobra (however credible cobra is) that RC had to drive by the home to get to the store he went to that evening. To step it up a notch, knowing me and how i am about my child, i would have sent my mom over right away. I really don't think it was a big deal that he went to the store at all. He smokes cigs, so i am sure those were for him, and he probably wanted to havea couple of beers before going to bed, to "sleep better" (my dad use to say this, i thought it was funny) and munch on some peanuts, which do go good with beer.

the other part i am not sure about is this, "IF" this big arguement was about MC activities the prior weekend, why has RC kept MC up on a pedistal? (and the rest of the family for that matter) I would think if RC was angry abotu that weekend, He would be so much more angry about HC missing. JMO
I agree with your assesment of the trip to the conveinance store and the credibility of Cobra. The fight is a little fact we have not known about until now and I have speculated why we had not heard about this early on. It is possible a significant clue and relevant to the timeline that we had been in confusion over.
MO is the fight could of been over the babysitting and would be consistant with the current relationship that Ron and Misty's side of the family have demonstrated over the last 7 months. Misty's family support seemed non existent (no parents protecting her) and Ron's consistant support has been apparent since the begining. It does say alot IMO and does indicate to me that Ron and Misty (united) are and or have been suspicious of a Croslin family member. Don't forget that Crystal was also mentioned as a POI by Misty and would have to think that Ron shares that suspision as well.

I agree with your assesment of the trip to the conveinance store and the credibility of Cobra. The fight is a little fact we have not known about until now and I have speculated why we had not heard about this early on. It is possible a significant clue and relevant to the timeline that we had been in confusion over.
MO is the fight could of been over the babysitting and would be consistant with the current relationship that Ron and Misty's side of the family have demonstrated over the last 7 months. Misty's family support seemed non existent (no parents protecting her) and Ron's consistant support has been apparent since the begining. It does say alot IMO and does indicate to me that Ron and Misty (united) are and or have been suspicious of a Croslin family member. Don't forget that Crystal was also mentioned as a POI by Misty and would have to think that Ron shares that suspision as well.[/QUOTE]

ETA: How come my "quoted" posts aren't purple?

Morning texasmommy! (i have to tell you, your picture, the baby is beautiful!)

I guess, thinking about it, and if tentions were high from her being gone for the weekend, it could cause a lot of fights over little things. SO maybe, it could have been a fight about babysitting, but i think it originally stems from the weekend. (my opinion)

As far as the bolded part. Yes, MC did mention CS family might have taken HC, and if LE thought that was of importance, IMO they would have hauled CS & her family down to the station and not gone to MA to check out MC's side of the family. just an observation..nothing more :)

IMO the fight could of been over babysitting. If it was Tommys kids that Misty wanted to babysit I could see RC having a problem with that and things were probably a bit on edge from the weekend even though she had returned Sunday night and they stayed up all night working things out.

I don't have a problem with RC not going directly home but stopping on his way home at the store (there is a map floating around on one of these threads and he did not have to go by his house to get to the convenience store) it caused about a 5 minute delay in him getting home it is not like he stopped at friends and stayed awhile - people have spats all the time and play the silent treatment game you never dream your spouse or significant other is going to harm the children.

IMO the fight could of been over babysitting. If it was Tommys kids that Misty wanted to babysit I could see RC having a problem with that and things were probably a bit on edge from the weekend even though she had returned Sunday night and they stayed up all night working things out.

I don't have a problem with RC not going directly home but stopping on his way home at the store (there is a map floating around on one of these threads and he did not have to go by his house to get to the convenience store) it caused about a 5 minute delay in him getting home it is not like he stopped at friends and stayed awhile - people have spats all the time and play the silent treatment game you never dream your spouse or significant other is going to harm the children.
Busy if the cigarets or the price of beer where cheaper I would imagine that is the reason for the chosen location.

I agree about the fight being about babysitting. I just happen to believe it was that Misty didn't want to do it for Ronald.

I do not think the fight was about babysitting. Regarding Ronald stopping by the store and getting beer and cigarettes first, I do NOT have a problem with that. He knew he was in for a long night and wanted those supplies to be available.

Art Harris has been on Nancy Grace several times. I doubt her producers would bring someone on the show that is unreliable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back