Dying boy wanted parents to marry

Mazama

Reaction score
This is a sad yet heartwarming story.

Parents honor dead son's wish, wed at end of his funeral

Asa Hill was 7 years old when he died. Although the boy was pulled out of a burning car alive in a horrific accident on the Niagara Thruway on Thursday, his injuries proved critical, and he passed away the following night. Amilcar Hill and Rahwa Ghirmatzion hug at their son's funeral, which ended with their wedding.

art.funeral.marriage.wkbw.jpg

The Buffalo, New York, community, shaken, turned out in large numbers at his funeral Monday to support his parents, Amilcar Hill and Rahwa Ghirmatzion, and were pleasantly surprised when the couple ended the service with a wedding ceremony, a fulfillment of their son's wish.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/09/08/ny.funeral.wedding/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

Maz :blowkiss:

Such a horriable day ( with him being laid to rest) and such a beautiful memory they will also have. They gave him his wish and that I think is beautiful. The video made me cry like a little girl. God bless his family.

This boy won't know about it, he's gone. Why didn't they marry when he was still alive? And getting married at the end of their little boy's funeral, stealing his last, big day? I can't see anything beautiful in this story...

This boy won't know about it, he's gone. Why didn't they marry when he was still alive? And getting married at the end of their little boy's funeral, stealing his last, big day? I can't see anything beautiful in this story...
Thank you for your response. I'm sure his parents had their reasons as to why they didn't marry before. Just because they weren't married didn't make them any less a family. Many parents of children never wed. It's a personal choice.

In my opinion they didn't steal his last big day rather they honored his dieing wish marrying at the end. I thought it was a beautiful and loving thing for them to do.

:cow:

Maz

I assume the parents weren't in the wreck that killed the boy,they don't seem injured.

Yes,I know,shame on me for wondering if there's any possibility of foul play. Too much of a true crime reader I guess.

I feel so guilty for not being able to shake that feeling something just isn't right and bless this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back