Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiect

Wandering but not lost
Reaction score
Yale Searches For Missing Medical Student

Associated Press

7:29 a.m. EDT, September 10, 2009

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Yale University Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding a Yale medical graduate student who disappeared on Tuesday.

Twenty-four-year-old Annie Le has not been seen nor heard from by family, co-workers and friends. She is described as Asian, with brown shoulder-length hair and brown eyes, 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighing 90 pounds.

Le, beginning her third year as a doctoral student in pharmacology, was last seen at her laboratory at 10 Amistad St. She was wearing a knee-length brown skirt, a bright green short-sleeved t-shirt, brown shoes and a brown necklace.

Le's purse, containing her cell phone, credit cards and money, were left in her office.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-ap-ct-missingyalestudensep09,0,1467613.story

So am I to understand that she probably went missing at the time the fire alarm was sounded?

So am I to understand that she probably went missing at the time the fire alarm was sounded?
I don't know - the articles state they could not verify if she ever left the building. The fire alarm was also a false alarm. Strange.

I wonder if she usually left her purse and cell phone behind? Kinda seems like she would at least bring her cell phone.

The fire alarm disturbs me. It certainly appears to have been utilized as a distraction. At 4 foot 11 and 90 lbs, she is just a tiny wisp of a thing. I hope that they check the building adequately. If they have footage of her entering the building, but not exiting, that is a bad sign.

Let's pray that this is a case of cold feet!

The fire alarm disturbs me. It certainly appears to have been utilized as a distraction. At 4 foot 11 and 90 lbs, she is just a tiny wisp of a thing. I hope that they check the building adequately. If they have footage of her entering the building, but not exiting, that is a bad sign.

Let's pray that this is a case of cold feet!

ITA, LE needs to check every square inch of that building. I pray this another runaway bride case, but sadly I'm afraid it's not.:frown:

A 2007 graduate of the University of Rochester who is now studying for a doctorate in pharmacology and molecular medicine, Le began the day Tuesday working in her lab at the Sterling Hall of Medicine, said University Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer.

Le left the lab sometime Tuesday morning to walk the three blocks to the Amistad Street facility where she frequently works on experiments, according to Lorimer.

She brought her Yale identification card with her — records show that she swiped it at the building's entrance about 10 a.m. — but left her purse with her cell phone, credit cards and money in her Sterling office, Lorimer said.

From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,548904,00.html

It just doesn't seem like she would be a runaway bride. Although, it is would be hard to know what criteria that takes.

But, going to the lab, pile of papers/folders in her hands.
Is she planning on working at the lab?
Or just stopping in?
Does she have her own lab?
Does she share lab room?

I think someone did something to her. Maybe
someone who had been 'too friendly' to her?
Maybe they took her out through the parking garage?

The fire alarm at 1pm is too suspicious.

She has been missing since Tuesday and today was the first time I saw anything about it. It was featured on our local news tonight.

The fire alarm certainly seems like it was used as a diversion.

I am having a hard time thinking she left the building by normal means due to the video cameras that were mentioned in a post upstream..

This was a controlled access lab facility.. there had to be plenty~o~ cameras.

Either she (moo):

1) left on her own purposfully avoiding the cameras
2) went down the fire escape/stairs durinig the fire drill (most likely cameras not pointed at this sort of entrance/exit)... because she was lured with the fire drill ~or~ she went that way to avoid camera detection
3) has not left the building (does everyone remember that case where the woman... and sorry I cannot recall her name at the moment....was lured in to an unused floor, killed and stuffed in the air duct)

I wonder if all the maintenance people/other students and faculty in the building that day have been questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni