Dumpster Search k-9's hit on- Revisited

Capri

Reaction score
"Late in the afternoon, three different cadaver dogs alerted on a large trash receptacle in the neighborhood and investigators began a painstaking searching it. After about six hours of scouring through the Dumpster, police said they found nothing that could be linked to the missing girl."

Of note: dumpster search was 17 days after Haleigh went missing.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18805304/detail.html

I have often wondered what height off the ground the scratch on the van was compared to the handles/protrusions on the outside of that dumpster.

this is my favorite lead other than Misty C, TBH.

Transcript of the show as they were pulling items out of the dumpster onto the blue tarp. Highlights: at the time, it was believed that they were searching based on a tip. LE had been at Ronald's MH & spoken to him while MC stayed in the vehicle.Marie G was live on the show at the time of the search.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/26/ijvm.01.html

Transcript of the show as they were pulling items out of the dumpster onto the blue tarp. Highlights: at the time, it was believed that they were searching based on a tip. LE had been at Ronald's MH & spoken to him while MC stayed in the vehicle.Marie G was live on the show at the time of the search.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/26/ijvm.01.html

BBM

Actually, Captain Schauland said that the search was not based upon a tip, rather routine procedure to re-check areas.

First Coast News Erich Spivey asked why the dumpster wasn't fully searched earlier.

"We didn't search over this. In fact, we've searched it in depth. We just never took all the trash out," replied Major Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

*snip*

Capt. Schauland adds that the flurry of activity recently is not the result of any new information, but routine procedure to re-check areas.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=132315&provider=top

And from a different article:
Putnam County sheriff's Capt. Dick Schauland said Thursday's search was not prompted by any specific information, "but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18806506/detail.html

I found this interesting because it had faded in my mind, (from first article that atherella posted above me)

...After 5 p.m., the search moved into the Villas neighborhood, which is just on the other side of a fence from where Ronald and Haleigh Cummings' house is located. It is about a quarter-mile away.

Three different dogs trained to sniff out human remains alerted their handlers to the same spot on the dumpster...

I have a hard time reconciling three different dogs trained to sniff out human remains alerting on a dumpster near a missing child's home with either false alerts or biological materials associated with anything other than human decomp.

I could accept it if it was one dog, but three? I don't know about that.

I found this interesting because it had faded in my mind, (from first article that atherella posted above me)

I have a hard time reconciling three different dogs trained to sniff out human remains alerting on a dumpster near a missing child's home with either false alerts or biological materials associated with anything other than human decomp.

I agree.I have a hard time with this too.I very much believe something was there.

I agree.I have a hard time with this too.I very much believe something was there.

Yes Suzanne my common sense leads me to believe that there was something there. That there had to be, but it had been so many days since the night that Haleigh disappeared that it had already been removed, leaving behind enough scent for the dogs to pick it up. JMHO and I am open to changing that opinion if facts come out to dictate otherwise.

IMO, I truely believe something was put in there temporarily and then moved, blanket, mattress or I hate to say this, little Haleigh....HMOO
and dogs hit on dock also and we had a map of where they headed, IIRC down the rr tracks? But were the dogs search or cadaver dogs? Cadaver dogs only are trained to spot human decomp and not diapers or tampons........just death of human remain scents.

I must say that this one item alone irritates me to no end. Here is LE grabbing trash out of a dumpster that had not one but three cadaver dogs alert on. Instead of securing the area until daylight they start dragging garbage out and strewing it over the ground area in the dark with just temporary light stands to light the area. Everyone is just digging into the trash and dragging it out without any precautions taken to keep from contaminating evidence. A backhoe is actually used to help empty the dumpster, GMAB! And guess what????????? They came to conclusion that they did not discover a human body!!!!!!!!!!! The evidence could have been something as simple as decomp fluids scented by the dogs. Why on earth didn't LE just have the entire dumpster picked up and brought to a controlled area so that professional CSI technicians could go over the garbage with a fine tooth comb and find the decomp that the dogs alerted to?????????????? This just chaps my *advertiser censored**.:furious:

Yes Suzanne my common sense leads me to believe that there was something there. That there had to be, but it had been so many days since the night that Haleigh disappeared that it had already been removed, leaving behind enough scent for the dogs to pick it up. JMHO and I am open to changing that opinion if facts come out to dictate otherwise.
I totally agree with you.Was that pad the dogs hit on in a bag?Where did the bag come from?I strongly feel they dismissed a few things way too fast I feel they shouldn't of.The dumpster hit,Jrs man in black story and the party weekend people.They need to go back to all that.The key is MC and she really needs to start talking the truth.NOW.

I must say that this one item alone irritates me to no end. Here is LE grabbing trash out of a dumpster that had not one but three cadaver dogs alert on. Instead of securing the area until daylight they start dragging garbage out and strewing it over the ground area in the dark with just temporary light stands to light the area. Everyone is just digging into the trash and dragging it out without any precautions taken to keep from contaminating evidence. A backhoe is actually used to help empty the dumpster, GMAB! And guess what????????? They came to conclusion that they did not discover a human body!!!!!!!!!!! The evidence could have been something as simple as decomp fluids scented by the dogs. Why on earth didn't LE just have the entire dumpster picked up and brought to a controlled area so that professional CSI technicians could go over the garbage with a fine tooth comb and find the decomp that the dogs alerted to?????????????? This just chaps my *advertiser censored**.:furious:

I have to agree with you 100 percent. Careless, wreckless, irresponsible and unprofessional, but I have said this all along about this PD so it comes as no suprise that their professionalism is not top notch, I equate their detective skills to those of Barney Fife.

:clap::clap::clap:

BBM

Actually, Captain Schauland said that the search was not based upon a tip, rather routine procedure to re-check areas

[\quote]

Atherella- statement by Capt. Schauland noted. Thx :)

I do have a problem, however, with Schauland's statement that it was "rather routine", considering it was already 17 days into H's being missing.

"WEINTRAUB: -- I, personally, believe, based on my experience that they have a tip, that they have a reason to have gone back with the cadaver dogs again. You don`t go back with cadaver dogs within three days for no reason. You go back there because something was said to you."

I have to agree with you 100 percent. Careless, wreckless, irresponsible and unprofessional, but I have said this all along about this PD so it comes as no suprise that their professionalism is not top notch, I equate their detective skills to those of Barney Fife.

Either that or someone.. somewhere in LE is protecting Ron C and Co.. JMO

As for the cadaver dogs being brought through at such a late date.

I'm trying to remember when TM got there? I was wondering if he was there and that was a part of his planned search?

I can't remember?

Captain's response: (from back in Feb.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just -- it remind me, Captain, of the Casey Anthony case where the trunk of the car all that was found in terms of forensic evidence was pretty much air, air samples, one hair and a stain.
So wouldn`t she have to do some kind of a DNA analysis to make sure that there was nothing like that in the dumpster?

SCHAULAND: Well, of course, you`re talking about a trunk of a car and a large dumpster. And we don`t know exactly where the scent comes from and we don`t know exactly what caused the dogs to alert.

So all we can do is look for the obvious signs that are there. And we were not able to find any human remains at all."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back