NC NC - Tiffany Wright, 15, pregnant, Charlotte, 14 Sept 2009 *Arrest*

Angels_Not_Forgotten

Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/20899919/detail.html

A pregnant teenager shot at her school bus stop died early Monday.
Police said Tiffany Wright, 15, was 32 weeks pregnant when she was shot in the head on Mallard Creek Road between Sugar Creek Road and Harris Boulevard in north Charlotte. Doctors were able to deliver her baby, which is currently being treated at Carolinas Medical Center.

This happened right down the road from me, less then 2 miles! :( how so very sad!

"The girl's unborn baby was delivered safely at Carolinas Medical Center a few hours after the shooting and is being treated by doctors, police report."
. . .

Early Monday afternoon, police told reporters that they believe the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute, and they indicated that they were looking for a suspect.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/946975.html

Very sad :(
Since they think this was a domestic dispute, does that mean they think it was a boyfriend, or do they think it was the girls family? Since she was in a foster home, I wonder how long she was in foster care.

VB

Rest in Peace Tiffany. May the angels watch over your child and protect him/her from all harm forevermore.

Salem

This part of the area is just a heartbeat away from where my daughter went to school. To be clear, we are not talking some rundown area of Charlotte. This area has grown, basically brand new, and clean/safe, imho.

God hold this newborn child and protect. I truly pray it will survive. Blessings to an innocent child mother who never, ever deserved to be murdered as she was. She was obviously stalked and watched. Planned and carried through. Is there death penalty in NC???

This is so sad :( I hope police are able to make an arrest soon. What a sick person to do this.

:rose: Rest in peace Tiffany.
:rose: Praying for the baby.

Stepbrother questioned and charged with rape.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-091409-al-northcharlotte_shooting.17b609357.html

The 35-year-old stepbrother of a pregnant teenager who was killed Monday morning is now charged with statutory rape.

Police say Royce Mitchell is also a person of interest in 15-year-old Tiffany Wright's murder.

Wright was shot in the head Monday morning as she waited for a school bus in north Charlotte.

Police say Wright was eight months pregnant. Wright died at Carolinas Medical Center, but doctors were able to deliver her baby. The infant's condition hasn't been released.

Mitchell turned himself in at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department late Monday afternoon.

He's charged with taking indecent liberties with a minor and statutory rape. He is being questioned in connection with Wright's death.

how sad. This poor infant will never know either of his/her parents. RIP Tiffany

I haven't seen it reported that he is the father of the baby. Did I miss that?

Can Mitchell be charged with the baby's murder also?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The charges against a man accused of raping his adopted teenage sister, who was gunned down in north Charlotte last month, were dropped Thursday. Mecklenburg County District Attorney Peter Gilchrist said there wasn't enough evidence to keep Royce Mitchell, 36, jailed on the rape charges.

"We had a man that we had no evidence against and we responded appropriately,” Gilchrist said Thursday.

He said DNA evidence showed he was not the father of 15-year-old Tiffany Wright’s baby. Wright was eight months pregnant when she was shot to death while waiting for her school bus on Mallard Creek Road on Sept. 14. Her baby girl was delivered but died a week later. But Charlotte-Mecklenburg police issued a competing statement saying, "Our detectives continue to believe they have probable cause in this case based on the evidence gathered during the investigation.

"http://www.wsoctv.com/news/21308139/detail.html

Not sure what will happen with the murder investigation. This beautiful girl....

so no charges anywhere.....on the stat rape or against anyone for murder.

great stand up work, police force.

not that I can tell Kbl and what a shame :( But i can tell you this, if it would have been someone else, I feel they would have been working harder to solve the case. I've seen these cops ride by crime in low poverty area's and hassle innocent walkers in the high money area's. This is also the dept that will not respond to the inquary about the Unidentified body found a block from my old neighborhood. Tiffany died 2 blocks (if that) from me. It's so sad. :( But what do I expect, someone has to take care of the high profile criminals like all the bankers Charlotte houses, right??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back