FL FL - Raymond Nugent, 36, Miami-Dade County, 1931

His picture is in the Hamilton Daily News (Hamilton, Ohio) February 4, 1931 .p.1

I snipped these but one is unreadable. I'm sure someone with a newspaper subscription can get a clearer copy. I'd say his associates took care of him eventually.

Attachments

• Hamilton Journal.JPG
    Hamilton Journal.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Toledo Gangster.JPG
    Toledo Gangster.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 8
Calling it like it is.....

Gangster. Former member of the St. Louis gang called "Egan's Rats," and a prime suspect in the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago on February 14, 1929. He was a close friend and partner of other massacre gunmen such as Fred "Killer" Burke, Gus Winkler, Bob Carey, and Fred Goetz. He was arrested for drunken driving along with Ralph Capone in the Miami area in April 1930. About a year later, Nugent disappeared. Rumor had it that he had been buying his booze from non-Capone sources and had been marched out into the Everglades and fed to the gators. His wife Julia filed a petition in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1951 to have him declared legally dead in order to gain ahold of Nugent's WWI veteran's pension.

First Posted June 2001 Interesting summary.

Valentine Killers?

Two views of Raymond "Crane Neck " Nugent
Nugent was buddies with Burke and Winkler. Served in the great war with Burke and was considered the mastermind of their many robberies together.
Last seen at Capone's Florida mansion, he then later disappears in Texas and is most likely killed.
upload_2021-2-13_14-5-39.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back