Hayward Police searching Garrido property

I came right here after seeing a live link to this on CNN.com. Unfortunately the link didn't take me to this case. Anyways, hoping LE can find answers for Michaela's family soon.

Hi I am new but have been following the case daily. Right now the Hayward police are searching Garrido's property in conjunction with the Michaela Garecht case. So gruesome! Here is a link:http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=...www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13340993

Officers are looking for specific items that El Dorado County authorities were not interested in.

Those items include a pair of pearl-colored earrings that resemble feathers, a white T-shirt with "Metro" written across the front, denim pants, flesh-colored nylons and black shoes — the outfit that Michaela wore when she disappeared.

That's interesting. I have another post on this forum somewhere speculating about the origins of Jaycee's and her children's clothing . . . . as perhaps having been owned by other victims.

In a sense, then, it's perhaps a boon that the Garridos are seemingly hoarders . . . although I suppose any one of those items could have been what they call a "trophy".

I think that we've just seen the TIP of the iceberg here, folks.

As it says in the article,

Dublin police also are involved, searching for links to Ilene Misheloff, who was 13 when she was abducted in 1989 in Dublin.

Let's pray for closure and for justice.

How will you feel when they announce a connection has been made with Michaela Garecht?

This is so sad . . .
Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, plans the Garrido property this afternoon.

"I'm just trying to maintain my sanity," said Murch. "I'm really hopeful, it's so hard to believe this could be resolved after such a long time."

"I have this little fantasy that they'll find her," she said. "There will be some kind of false room, and Michaela will be inside. ... Ever since I heard the description of Jaycee reuniting with her family, I've just had such a longing for that to happen."

I think that if they find Michaela's remains . . . . or evidence that she was there . . . .it will point to the fact that this man is perhaps a serial killer. Where there's Jaycee and Michaela, there's gonna be more.

Another helicopter just flew over our house, presumably on the way to the property. (It was white, but we couldn't make out markings on it, i.e. news station).

I just got the copter feed up, wishing there was sound so that I know what the heck is going on . . . it's sort of jumping around a bit from one location on the property to the other . . .

CNN covered the presser and Dublin PD is there too... Apparently new info has come out that Ilene was spotted getting into a sedan much like Garrido's and he was newly out on parole when she disappeared...

Police conduct new search of Garrido home
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 | 11:49 AM

By Teresa Garcia ANTIOCH, CA (KGO) -- Hayward police say Garrido's Antioch area home may hold the strongest leads yet in the 1988 disappearance of Michaela Garecht. Michaela was 9-years-old when she was abducted outside a Hayward grocery store. At the same time, Dublin police are searching Garrido's home for clues in the 1989 kidnapping of 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff.

[snip]

About 60 people have begun a search for evidence in two other high-profile East Bay cold cases of missing girls. Investigators began by walking through and observing what they see above ground while looking for any disturbed soil that could point to buried evidence or a grave site.

[snip]

The search could last through the weekend and may include using a ground-penetrating radar and if necessary, pulling down some buildings.

Link: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7015767

Yeah, about a minute after I found and posted the link, it ended.

Okay, I didn't want to post this information on the internet but now that we know LE is back on the property and will be there through the weekend, but when we drove by the property last Saturday, THERE WAS NOT ANY SECURITY PRESENCE WHATSOEVER.

It bugged the heck out of us, and we keep asking, WHY ISN'T THERE A SECURITY GUARD or some kind of protection to keep people out of there.

Hopefully, none of the remaining evidence has been disturbed during the week or so LE "finished their investigation" 4 or so days after it started, till now.

:behindbar :mad: :furious:

Police conduct new search of Garrido home
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 | 11:49 AM

By Teresa Garcia ANTIOCH, CA (KGO) -- Hayward police say Garrido's Antioch area home may hold the strongest leads yet in the 1988 disappearance of Michaela Garecht. Michaela was 9-years-old when she was abducted outside a Hayward grocery store. At the same time, Dublin police are searching Garrido's home for clues in the 1989 kidnapping of 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff.

[snip]

About 60 people have begun a search for evidence in two other high-profile East Bay cold cases of missing girls. Investigators began by walking through and observing what they see above ground while looking for any disturbed soil that could point to buried evidence or a grave site.

[snip]

The search could last through the weekend and may include using a ground-penetrating radar and if necessary, pulling down some buildings.

Link: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7015767
Dublin PD said the bone fragment was definitely a factor!

Why are they looking for ground that might be disturbed, as if there was a grave there? Wouldn't the grave be 20 years old, so the ground wouldn't still be disturbed looking now, right?

I assume that any murders would have been before Jaycee was kidnapped, otherwise, Jaycee would have seen the other girls around. (But we know what happens when you assume!)

Thanks for the info.
JULIE

Why are they looking for ground that might be disturbed, as if there was a grave there? Wouldn't the grave be 20 years old, so the ground wouldn't still be disturbed looking now, right?

I assume that any murders would have been before Jaycee was kidnapped, otherwise, Jaycee would have seen the other girls around. (But we know what happens when you assume!)

Thanks for the info.
JULIE
Yes, they are searching for remains, or even DNA. They will use newer technology now, like infrared sensing devices. Ilene and Michaela both disappeared before Jaycee, so they would have to be dead.

Did news ever say anything about the bone fragment?
It will take some time to sort through all that trash in back yard and all the house and shelters and now I heard 'other properties??'
neighbors or did this creep own properties???
How did these monsters get their money to do all this?
Off a little printing business?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back