Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Anthony's defense team is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to dismiss the case.

And just in case Strickland isn't inclined to get rid of the case in which Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, defense attorneys also filed an amended motion about a change of venue. http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...line_fell.html

This story is developing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3657298.story

I think the motion to dismiss and the change of venue are both pretty standard. The things that stood out to me would be requesting no videotapes of attorney/client visits and the request to destroy videotapes with the Anthony's.

It's a jail, how can they expect their meetings not to be monitored? I could understand if jail officials were listening in, that would be a major problem, but I'm still shocked by all the special treatment they feel they should have.

fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen.....

lemme guess -- they supplied the SA with the exculpatory evidence that was requested, too....BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

these people.

I can't wait to see this motion! On what possible grounds do they think the murder charge should be dismissed???

IMO, Jose and Co. are in COA mode. Casey will not have legal grounds for an appeal based on inadequate legal representation cuz JB is on the ball. :rolleyes:

The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Anthony's defense team is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to dismiss the case.

<snip>

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.

And it wants the jail to destroy videos of Anthony and her family.

Nothing like locking the barn after the horse is stolen! heh :waitasec:

I'd like to Dismiss KC, altogether!

I can't wait to see this motion! On what possible grounds do they think the murder charge should be dismissed???

Well of course because she didn't do it!!! (just ask her mom!!) What else need s/he say??? Oh, you mean in legalese/// sorry JB was busy that day and didn't make it to class, someone else will haf'ta fill out all those ridiculous triplicate forms for the judge. :loser:

JB is a busy man don't ch'ya know..... it's not like Mz Anthony is his only client. She is?? Oops, my bad :blushing:

+++:dance:+++ :dance: +++ :dance: +++

I think the motion to dismiss and the change of venue are both pretty standard. The things that stood out to me would be requesting no videotapes of attorney/client visits and the request to destroy videotapes with the Anthony's.

It's a jail, how can they expect their meetings not to be monitored? I could understand if jail officials were listening in, that would be a major problem, but I'm still shocked by all the special treatment they feel they should have.

AND just what kind of jurisdiction do they think the Judge sitting on the State v. KC would have over the County jail??? I mean, with one stroke of his pen he is supposed to stop all monitoring of inmates, or just KC? REDONKULOUS

they never cease to amaze me lol!!!! can't wait to see the motion.

:waitasec: ahhh she said she didn't do it? :rolleyes: this is getting beyond ridiculous imo

Maybe someone with legal knowledge can guess what they are up to?

:banghead:This is just ridiculous! Now, I wonder? What if someone can forward and admitted to killing Caylee and disposing of the body (maybe they are lying out of guilt to save Casey's life?) And they did not tell all until they were granted full immunity? Would they both walk free? Just saying, not that I believe it was anyone else even though in the beginning I felt that maybe Cindy had something to do with it.

I am beginning to wonder if GA & CA went to visit KC in jail and that is the real reason the motion to dismiss was one of many motions filed.

snipped from Sentinel article:

And just in case Strickland isn't inclined to get rid of the case in which Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, defense attorneys also filed an amended motion about a change of venue. The defense suggests Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties as possible places for the murder trial, which is unscheduled but could come to court sometime in 2010.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.

OK standard procedure makes sense.
I don't think it will matter in the end if they move the venue. She will still be convicted. The only backlash will be for the Florida tax payers sadly.
I pray to God that this motion is denied. That is no better then anyone else in that jail. What are they trying to hide?

I'm surprised that he didn't ask for special privilages if she has to 'go through' with this 'silly' trial thing... like a TV, Laptop, cell and Curtains on her cell... oh can't forget meals on wheels from her favorites restaurants.

Can't help but be sarcastic with all the evidence of innocence the defence 'hasn't' provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie