Update(s) from Shayna (Jaycee's sister)

Californian

Just call me Cali : > )
Reaction score
I posted this update from Shayna's personal myspace in the Donation thread, but since I don't want it to be overlooked I decided to post in it's own thread. She posted this yesterday (Friday) afternoon.

Perhaps there is comfort to be taken from this.

Ok enough about me - Jaycee! She is doing great and has a huge smile on her face everyday, I can really tell she enjoys her life and loves her family more than anything. She has so many new opportunities to experience and so do my neices! The other day I got challenged to compete in a play wrestling match with the 15 year old and man! It made me feel old..like an actual aunt! Neither one of us could get the other to the ground but I lost because I was so out of breath. Mhm I know embarassing! I can talk the talk but I cant walk the walk I guess haha =]

That is just some insight to our lives I thought you all might like to hear =]

<3 Shayna​

Is that really her? If so, she should shut down her comments quickly. Even when "private," that stuff gets out. Also, I don't think we should be reading these comments, if it's her, since it seems so voyeuristic, invasive.

Good grief, its MySpace! If it isn't private and all walled up, it is meant to be read and seen.

Is that really her? If so, she should shut down her comments quickly. Even when "private," that stuff gets out. Also, I don't think we should be reading these comments, if it's her, since it seems so voyeuristic, invasive.

Yes, it's really her, and she doesn't post anything that shouldn't "get out." She appears to be mature for her age, and she's using this account to share little messages like the one I posted. There is nothing voyeuristic or invasive about it, unless one chooses to treat it that way.

Out of respect for her, I asked and received approval to share this message.

Now, if I had simply posted her MySpace url, that to me would be invasive, even though it's public and public info. I find it more respectful to share the information here, then post her url for tons of people to bombard her and her account. (I'm not worried about Sleuthers, just lurkers.)

Am I the only one who's a little bit weirded out by this? Fake "play" wrestling is one tactic used by molesters to get close to children. I wonder if Garrido "wrestled" with the girls. This is not to say anything against Jaycee or her daughters. They can't help it if this is all they know about behavior.

I think this blog needs to be taken down, and fast.

Now, if I had simply posted her MySpace url, that to me would be invasive, even though it's public and public info. I find it more respectful to share the information here, then post her url for tons of people to bombard her and her account. (I'm not worried about Sleuthers, just lurkers.)

It's been quite the pattern for spoof MySpace pages to show up soon after some hot news item shows up. So be careful out there searching for her page, or the page of anyone tied to the case (or any news event). And the fact that posts exist before the news event doesn't mean anything - names and photos can be changed on an existing account.

Am I the only one who's a little bit weirded out by this? Fake "play" wrestling is one tactic used by molesters to get close to children. I wonder if Garrido "wrestled" with the girls. This is not to say anything against Jaycee or her daughters. They can't help it if this is all they know about behavior.
BBM. Yeah, I didn't quite know what to make of that, but I'm still not ready to dismiss it as not legit. Maybe the sister doesn't see it as we do. I know I cringe when I hear stuff like that but I'm biased for good reason.

respectfully snipped--
Am I the only one who's a little bit weirded out by this? Fake "play" wrestling is one tactic used by molesters to get close to children.
:no: You're not the only one. OTH maybe the sisters rough housed for some activity in their enclosed space and lack of ability to burn off the energy otherwise. One can hope.

I haven't been following WS and all the terrible crimes against children as long as most of you, so I'm looking at this with less jaded and obviously naive eyes because when I read Shayna's post, I saw fun, joy, and, yes, bonding, between aunt and niece.

We don't know the conversation that led up to the challenge or anything else about it and I'm reluctant to fill in the blanks, or jump to the conclusion, that this is something the girls were subjected to by PG.

For all we know the scenario could have been something like ... aunt and niece were talking along and aunt said something like "you might be taller than me but I'm stronger" and niece replying "oh no you're not," "yes I am," (laughter), "not," "let's wrestle and see" ... .

I'm going to think hard on this and do some research to see what I can learn from you and other resources, because so far I don't see their play wrestling as anything more than what it is.

It's been quite the pattern for spoof MySpace pages to show up soon after some hot news item shows up. So be careful out there searching for her page, or the page of anyone tied to the case (or any news event). And the fact that posts exist before the news event doesn't mean anything - names and photos can be changed on an existing account.

Thank you for this advice.

I wouldn't share the information if I hadn't checked it out to make sure it is Shayna's account and Shayna speaking through it.

I am well aware of fakes, spoofs, and other internet garbage, but it is good advice for anyone who is naive in that aspect of today's technology. Fakes do happen. But not in this case.

Thank you for this advice.

I wouldn't share the information if I hadn't checked it out to make sure it is Shayna's account and Shayna speaking through it.

I am well aware of fakes, spoofs, and other internet garbage, but it is good advice for anyone who is naive in that aspect of today's technology. Fakes do happen. But not in this case.

I was actually speaking more to those who, being curious, went out there to search for the page themselves. Some of the spoof pages carry links to viruses, etc., typically labelled, for example, 'Jaycee's daughters'.

I posted this update from Shayna's personal myspace in the Donation thread, but since I don't want it to be overlooked I decided to post in it's own thread. She posted this yesterday (Friday) afternoon.

Perhaps there is comfort to be taken from this.

Ok enough about me - Jaycee! She is doing great and has a huge smile on her face everyday, I can really tell she enjoys her life and loves her family more than anything. She has so many new opportunities to experience and so do my neices! The other day I got challenged to compete in a play wrestling match with the 15 year old and man! It made me feel old..like an actual aunt! Neither one of us could get the other to the ground but I lost because I was so out of breath. Mhm I know embarassing! I can talk the talk but I cant walk the walk I guess haha =]

That is just some insight to our lives I thought you all might like to hear =]

<3 Shayna​
Califrnia :blowkiss:[
It does my heart good to read this from JC's sister.
It is so wonderful to hear this :beats: :beats: :beats:

I haven't been following WS and all the terrible crimes against children as long as most of you, so I'm looking at this with less jaded and obviously naive eyes because when I read Shayna's post, I saw fun, joy, and, yes, bonding, between aunt and niece.

We don't know the conversation that led up to the challenge or anything else about it and I'm reluctant to fill in the blanks, or jump to the conclusion, that this is something the girls were subjected to by PG.

For all we know the scenario could have been something like ... aunt and niece were talking along and aunt said something like "you might be taller than me but I'm stronger" and niece replying "oh no you're not," "yes I am," (laughter), "not," "let's wrestle and see" ... .

I'm going to think hard on this and do some research to see what I can learn from you and other resources, because so far I don't see their play wrestling as anything more than what it is.
We have no history of any sex abuse in my family. Thank You God.
Many of us used to play this way as kids :waitasec:
Not everything is bad. :crazy:

One part of me wants to rejoice at the seeming normalcy of the girls being able to play. But I agree, wrestling is probably not going to make any of the therapists or counselors working with these girls happy. I am the parent of eight children who are all survivors of childhood rape (non-familial) and wrestling was NEVER allowed in our home after the disclosures and trial. The rapist had used wrestling as a grooming technique on all our children. There's just too many dominant/submissive messages involved. My guess is that Shayna has blissfully lived a life without sexual abuse and therefore can't possibly know these things. Hopefully, the therapists will guide the younger ones to more productive and appropriate play.

Califrnia :blowkiss:[
It does my heart good to read this from JC's sister.
It is so wonderful to hear this :beats: :beats: :beats:

Your comment makes me feel GOOD about posting, Songline!! :woohoo: I've read your posts and know that you've expressed a lot of concern for the girls' well being. I was hoping that hearing an update from JC's sister would bring comfort to you and everyone who is worrying about them.

It's not an easy path they are on, but it's wonderful to know they are now surrounded by good, kind, loving people who only have their best interests at heart :beats:.

Shayna has also been busily working on some kind of website. These are her posts about this project:

If u see a pink bow here or there take a picture and then you can share =] Something new is in the works you will all love. Mood:imaginative
Posted at 6:49 PM Sep 4

I have to sort out some legal stuff before that suprise but keep taking pictures please! Mood:imaginative
Posted at 9:45 PM Sep 5

As for that 'suprise'..it is coming I PROMISE!!! I am sooooo sorry it has taken so long ugh! The site is set up and perfect looking but I have had some crazy ups and downs with it, and certain sections of it getting approved by the right people. I had a lot of talking to do and they all agree now that it will be awesome and it will be - trust me =]
Posted Sep 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM

She hasn't revealed or even given any hints about it other than the request to take pictures of pink bows you come across, but she seems very excited about it. :cloud9:

If you'd like (because a lot of people don't do MySpace), I'll continue to post her updates here (with her permission).

I do not know if I am sad or disgusted that the innocence that was once robbed is still being questioned.

That is the tragedy of sexual abuse, Dave, innocence is stolen. Trust and tenderness can be regained. Life can become full and rewarding and wonderful. But true innocence is never restored. Once you've been touched by crimes such as these, sadly, nothing is quite seen through innocent eyes ever again.

When my children came to me and asked if they were virgins, I was stunned. I told them, of course they were. A person's virginity is a gift that can only be given. Their body might be hurt or abused but no one can take a person's virginity. Yes, they lost their innocence but they are still pure.

Jaycee and her girls have lost their innocence but they are most definitely pure as the day they were born. JMO

Your comment makes me feel GOOD about posting, Songline!! :woohoo: I've read your posts and know that you've expressed a lot of concern for the girls' well being. I was hoping that hearing an update from JC's sister would bring comfort to you and everyone who is worrying about them.

It's not an easy path they are on, but it's wonderful to know they are now surrounded by good, kind, loving people who only have their best interests at heart :beats:

ABSOLUTLY ! :)
I am glad we have no clue what they look like and hope they can go out and see the rest of what they have missed....

BUT it is nothing privet to hear they're well, it is nothing privet about them playing golf, or wrestling, ARE THEY HAVING FUN? innocent fun ? it is OK;
really sweet to hear good news - surly we know their road is not an easy one. Keep the good news coming ! :blowkiss:

Innocence goes well beyond ones virginity, it also extends to the simple playful acts between family. Again, I do not know if I am sad or disgusted that a few minutes of playtime is being brought into question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back