Cops Taser Elderly Man in Parade

Lord I don't know how cops do it. It would be frustrating to have to deal with runaway tractor drivers that bash into your patrol car. Tasing seems like an over-reaction but we also expect police to live in this world where their lives are at stake all the time but they aren't ever supposed to lose patience. I couldn't do it.

Lord I don't know how cops do it. It would be frustrating to have to deal with runaway tractor drivers that bash into your patrol car. Tasing seems like an over-reaction but we also expect police to live in this world where their lives are at stake all the time but they aren't ever supposed to lose patience. I couldn't do it.

I agree with your statement in general, but I doubt the officers in this case felt their lives were at risk from a 76-year-old man. Yes, a tractor can be lethal, but it's not as though he chased them down the street with it.

When used responsibly, a Taser is a good tool for LE to have. It prempts use of more lethal force in some situations, but it should be limited in use.
What disturbs me have been a series of these stories over the past year or so, LE reaching for these things routinely. In the case in this story I would bet that this guy was just confused, maybe hard of hearing, who knows.
Tasers can kill. Remember the guy at the Vancouver airport? Most LE people use them with respect but I think some don't. These two don't sound like the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back