1991 People Magazine Article - The Woman at the Craft Fair

MBK

Reaction score
Police have been no more successful. For the moment, in fact, they have only one bit of information that could be a clue: Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction. That doesn't bring police any closer to Jaycee or her kidnappers—"She could be anywhere in the world right now," says Watson—but it docs give Terry pause. The evening before Jaycee disappeared, she recalls, her daughter seemed preoccupied. "Something was on her mind, something she wouldn't tell me," says Terry. "I wonder if she wanted to tell me she'd been approached by this woman at the fair."

In a way, the presence of a woman is soothing to Terry, offering a motivation for the kidnapping more palatable, somehow, than bleak theories involving prostitution or slavery rings. "The police said perhaps the woman had lost her own child," she explains, "that maybe she look Jaycee because of her grief. If that is true," she adds, "all I can say is, 'Please, let my child go. You may like her, but I love her.' "

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

What do you think of this? Back then, Nancy was somewhat exotic looking, and rather attractive . . .

Do you think there's any possibility that Nancy was at the art fair? Do you think that something was on Jaycee's mind?

In other words, is the story that is told by Garrido and Nancy the TRUTH? (ie., spotting Jaycee with her friends walking to or from school, and then spotting her alone)

Wow, just wow. It's too bad there wasn't a composite done and shown to the public at the time. Maybe none of it would have happened if someone was able to identify Nancy then..

What do you think of this? Back then, Nancy was somewhat exotic looking, and rather attractive . . .

Do you think there's any possibility that Nancy was at the art fair? Do you think that something was on Jaycee's mind?

In other words, is the story that is told by Garrido and Nancy the TRUTH? (ie., spotting Jaycee with her friends walking to or from school, and then spotting her alone)

wow feels like i stepped into a time warp where jaycee is still gone and so is hope......
we dont know if the woman at the fair is the same as nancy garrido for one. that was terry's supposition, not carls.
second, jaycee could have had anything on her mind the night before. a big test maybe? its june 9th/10th......final grades are coming up soon.
also, there are rumors as to if this stuff about nancy saying they picked her out the day before are even true

Wow, just wow. It's too bad there wasn't a composite done and shown to the public at the time. Maybe none of it would have happened if someone was able to identify Nancy then..

there was a composite. it looks exacty like nancy even without age enhancment

reading the whole article now.talks about how in the last 9 months before the abduction her and carl had really bonded.

intresting comments about leads being cruel hoaxes...........i imagine this was going thru her mind august 26th 2009 when the fbi agent called her and told her jaycee was found and safe....and he put jaycee on the phone with her to prove it was her

"we just tell her she'll be home soon" i guess 'soon' is relative......but it's a lot better then "never"

i should add that carl says that the garridos passed by jaycee, then swung a u turn and took her. that would indicate "spur of the moment" decision, rather then having already chosen her the day before.

That article is really chilling. It makes Nancy Garrido sound even worse, if that was even possible. Criminals depend on dehumanizing the victims to be able to do such cruel acts to them, but when you see a young child with her friends at the fair, it would take an incredible amount of blind hostility to still pick that child for a barbaric captivity. She's no less evil than her husband.

@kbl8201: Doing a u-turn would not indicate a spur of the moment decision as they used it to block her path. Again, and again, Phillip Garrido has been someone who meticulously plans. I don't expect it to be any different with this case. He had a type in mind and picked one he thought he could get.

The printing business "connection" is strange. Terry was a graphic designer and according to some of Phil's clients, Jaycee was the "creative force" behind the Garrido's printing business. I wonder if Garrido was a client of the printing business Terry worked at?
Or maybe, on a subconscious level, this was Jaycee's way of reaching out to her mother. Does anyone know when Garrido "opened up shop"? Was it after Jaycee was abducted? If it was after, my guess is it was Jaycee's idea and at her urging that Phil open a printing business...JUST a guess and JMO...

The printing business "connection" is strange. Terry was a graphic designer and according to some of Phil's clients, Jaycee was the "creative force" behind the Garrido's printing business. I wonder if Garrido was a client of the printing business Terry worked at?
Or maybe, on a subconscious level, this was Jaycee's way of reaching out to her mother. Does anyone know when Garrido "opened up shop"? Was it after Jaycee was abducted? If it was after, my guess is it was Jaycee's idea and at her urging that Phil open a printing business...JUST a guess and JMO...

i dont know about any of this tizzle.
i have had a theory in my head for awhile now that jaycee sprung the trap for garrido to get caught though.
here's my theory;
the whole thing with the girls telling people 'oh we have a 28 year old sister at home' i wonder if that was jaycee's idea to plant an idea that something was wrong with this couple having a "28 year old daughter' then the girs behavior at berkley, described basically as cataonic and robotic......which the family says now is not true.
then garrido brings them all to the parole meeting. huh? was he really that stupud or wanted to get caught? or did jaycee plant the idea in his head that this might be a good idea?
intresting

That article is really chilling. It makes Nancy Garrido sound even worse, if that was even possible. Criminals depend on dehumanizing the victims to be able to do such cruel acts to them, but when you see a young child with her friends at the fair, it would take an incredible amount of blind hostility to still pick that child for a barbaric captivity. She's no less evil than her husband.

@kbl8201: Doing a u-turn would not indicate a spur of the moment decision as they used it to block her path. Again, and again, Phillip Garrido has been someone who meticulously plans. I don't expect it to be any different with this case. He had a type in mind and picked one he thought he could get.

'he had a type in mind' yes stephens i agree. but while i do think he was obviously out there hunting for some girl, i dont know that he was stalking jaycee specifically before he took her.

i did not see in the article that carl said he "cut her off' i thought it said he made a u-turn and then came up beside her again. if he was gonna cut her off it would take more fime for nancy to get out, snatche her, and get back in

i dont know about any of this tizzle.
i have had a theory in my head for awhile now that jaycee sprung the trap for garrido to get caught though.
here's my theory;
the whole thing with the girls telling people 'oh we have a 28 year old sister at home' i wonder if that was jaycee's idea to plant an idea that something was wrong with this couple having a "28 year old daughter' then the girs behavior at berkley, described basically as cataonic and robotic......which the family says now is not true.
then garrido brings them all to the parole meeting. huh? was he really that stupud or wanted to get caught? or did jaycee plant the idea in his head that this might be a good idea?
intresting

What's wrong with having a 28 yo daughter? They are 58 and 54 so that is possible. It's not like she was 48!

What's wrong with having a 28 yo daughter? They are 58 and 54 so that is possible. It's not like she was 48!

julie this has nothing to do with there age. has to do with the fact he was in prison when jaycee was born. and that should set off alarms with anyone that had known him for a long time

julie this has nothing to do with there age. has to do with the fact he was in prison when jaycee was born. and that should set off alarms with anyone that had known him for a long time

OK, I didn't realize that. But I bet most people didn't calculate when he was in prison versus when she was born. Although their family (eg, his mother!) should have.

Two things spring to my mind. First, the girls were described by more than one person as being "robotic" and a little odd (my words). According to their family, they've miraculously changed (thank goodness!!). Robotic and strange behavior doesn't just stop immediately when a child's setting is changed. I wonder if PG had access to some meds via NG (home health nursing) or stolen from his mother with which he medicated the girls. We've read this terrible scenario over and over where psychotropic meds are used inappropriately to dope little ones up and make them more compliant. Let's not forget that PG was more than happy to "share" drugs with, or force them upon, the 14 year old victim years ago and with Katie. He also used a stun gun on poor Jaycee and hand cuffs on Katie so we know he has no compassion whatsoever. This is what he gets off on--having victims totally reliant on him. Heck, he could have even medicated Jaycee when he wanted a day off with the two little ones.

Another issue is that it seems to me IMO that PG was ready to cash it in. I think that his invention was intended for others like him. He could be in prison and, in his sick mind, others would tout the wonder of this machine which could turn men away from their sick ways. I believe that I recently read an article which spoke about his hope for this helping other "sinners". I'll look for the link and post it. That might have even been who he was trying to connect with when he was at the Molino yard.

I think he also saw the writing on the wall--or his nose, actually--with that melanoma developing there. NG would have known what that was and I'm guessing they didn't have access to health care. Or possibly, he couldn't leave the women alone long enough to go in for some surgery. Once again, PG might have had the "last laugh". He gets worldwide recognition for his ridiculous invention, he had unlimited access to numerous young and innocent girls, and he gets lifetime medical care. He could see all this as a resounding success.

I'm very worried that, even though the growth has been removed, he won't live to stand trial or to reveal any of his secrets.

I saw a prescription bottle on a dresser in one of the photos - I'll look for it.

Yes, I think he had it all planned out. That's just the personality type he is and thinks he's smarter than everyone else - obviously he's proven that he was smarter than LE.

Do you see the Rx bottle on the dresser?

Attachments

• PG Dresser.jpg
    PG Dresser.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 53
OK, I didn't realize that. But I bet most people didn't calculate when he was in prison versus when she was born. Although their family (eg, his mother!) should have.

also at least several of the neighbors new he was a rso

Two things spring to my mind. First, the girls were described by more than one person as being "robotic" and a little odd (my words). According to their family, they've miraculously changed (thank goodness!!). Robotic and strange behavior doesn't just stop immediately when a child's setting is changed. I wonder if PG had access to some meds via NG (home health nursing) or stolen from his mother with which he medicated the girls. We've read this terrible scenario over and over where psychotropic meds are used inappropriately to dope little ones up and make them more compliant. Let's not forget that PG was more than happy to "share" drugs with, or force them upon, the 14 year old victim years ago and with Katie. He also used a stun gun on poor Jaycee and hand cuffs on Katie so we know he has no compassion whatsoever. This is what he gets off on--having victims totally reliant on him. Heck, he could have even medicated Jaycee when he wanted a day off with the two little ones.

Another issue is that it seems to me IMO that PG was ready to cash it in. I think that his invention was intended for others like him. He could be in prison and, in his sick mind, others would tout the wonder of this machine which could turn men away from their sick ways. I believe that I recently read an article which spoke about his hope for this helping other "sinners". I'll look for the link and post it. That might have even been who he was trying to connect with when he was at the Molino yard.

I think he also saw the writing on the wall--or his nose, actually--with that melanoma developing there. NG would have known what that was and I'm guessing they didn't have access to health care. Or possibly, he couldn't leave the women alone long enough to go in for some surgery. Once again, PG might have had the "last laugh". He gets worldwide recognition for his ridiculous invention, he had unlimited access to numerous young and innocent girls, and he gets lifetime medical care. He could see all this as a resounding success.

I'm very worried that, even though the growth has been removed, he won't live to stand trial or to reveal any of his secrets.[/QUOT

he might get the last laugh in this life.
he surely wont in the next :)

Thanks, my2sisters, that's the same photo I just saw on the Jehovah Witness Forums boards. They are discussing whether or not the large book is a NWT Bible (New World Translation). I honestly didn't know that they had their own version of the Bible. Most posters seem to think that it is the NWT. I posted several links under the Garrido's Church thread. There was also a great point made about how "brothers" and "elders" would have been visiting in that house with Garrido's mother as she was one of the flock. How could they not have been suspicious?

Back to the pills. Does anyone have any way of blowing up that photo and seeing what those are? I still suspect that NG was under the influence of some medication when she appeared at the first hearing. It was that or she was coming off something or has a neuro disorder causing a neck-rolling tic. Excessive use of some psychotropics or antipsychotics can also cause that....like Lamictal and Tripeptal (both mood stabilizers often used for bipolar disorder) or Geodon (an anti-psychotic). The neck rolling goes away when the dose is lowered. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back