Do you see a resemblence?

• Total voters

voynich

Former Member
Reaction score
2u6i4c6.jpg

200d7wm.gif

2e5pibs.jpg

For what it's worth, voynich, you get an "A++" for effort. But I'm sorry to say that it was wasted.

For what it's worth, voynich, you get an "A++" for effort. But I'm sorry to say that it was wasted.

Why don't you give it a shot? :dance:

Try writing it out in your normal non-disguised handwriting, then attempt a forgery of the RN handwriting and see what you get.

What I learned, and you may as well, is that writing the RN in my normal handwriting (I always use unhooded "a") versus my attempt to emulate the RN handwriting shows how much and how easily handwriting can be changed. What I learned is attempting to forge the squiggles in otherwise straight lines is quite a bit of work.

Why don't you give it a shot? :dance:

Try writing it out in your normal non-disguised handwriting, then attempt a forgery of the RN handwriting and see what you get.

What makes you think I haven't? Or at least, something along those lines?

What I learned, and you may as well, is that writing the RN in my normal handwriting (I always use unhooded "a") versus my attempt to emulate the RN handwriting shows how much and how easily handwriting can be changed.

That I knew. But saying that handwriting can be changed doesn't necessarily weaken my position.

What I learned is attempting to forge the squiggles in otherwise straight lines is quite a bit of work.

So I noticed. And in that regard, I do give you a little lee-way. Don't get me wrong. But I doubt very seriously that the writer was trying to make the lines that erratic.

I've tried it as well.Didn't work out thought cause MY hands were not shaking when I wrote it.Yours probably also didn't and it shows.I don't think that the handwriting was disguised in the rn,those hands were shaking.At least that's what I see.

I've tried it as well.Didn't work out thought cause MY hands were not shaking when I wrote it.Yours probably also didn't and it shows.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying.

I don't think that the handwriting was disguised in the rn,those hands were shaking.At least that's what I see.

It could be both. But I get you (solidly).

Hi voynich.

Your illustration is appreciated.

Almost impossible to immitate a form or stroke that is not in your repertoire.

Did you write that 'ungloved'?

Also the RN was done left handed now I have tried several different ways of writting but still not having the emotions that was happening at that time still none of us could come close..

Also the RN was done left handed now I have tried several different ways of writting but still not having the emotions that was happening at that time still none of us could come close..

And Patsy could write with either hand. My sister is ambidextrous...or however the heck you spell that....I need to see if I can get her to write something with both hands, and see what, if any, difference there is.

As anyone noticed that left handed people write with the hand over the top of the paper where right handed lays it down at the bottom...Any left handed person here to help me out cause it seems this is how they write or at least everyone I saw so far...

Hiya Ravyn.

Hubs, the lefty, says lefties can write with their hand cusped over top of the pen.
The other lefties, hubs included, write with their hand under the line, to avoid smudging.

What a great exercise, Voynich. A slight issue is that the RN we see is an Nth generation copy while yours is original so things like pen pressure are more apparent in yours.

I can't write with my left hand unless I basically guide it with my right hand. When I do that, I must say that my 'a' and my 'f' are pretty similar to the RN which perhaps tells a story about which letters northpaws struggle with when writing with their left hand.

I got my mother who is ambidextrous to write the first few lines with both hands (and will try during my week off to post the results). In all truth, the slant was a bit erratic with her weaker hand (which is also true of the real RN) and a fair number of her letters looked different but I could clearly see her handwriting in it. There again, she wasn't disguising her writing.

If I can squeeze in the time this weekend, I might give it a shot.

That was a very interesting exercise, I have to say that their are certain characteristics in my hand writing that no matter if I was concentrating on disguise or being aloof and not paying attention that are very predominant, I even tried a little Vodka just to calm my nerves so to speak :dance:. I would have been busted in the first handwriting analysis is all I can say. My hubby is a lefty and no pun intended but he has the hand writing of a serial killer. Every letter is perfect size and I noticed that never lift's his hand from the paper :waitasec: curious. I had him try to change his hand writing and it was almost impossible for him to do. (maybe his personality type?) Both tried using our opposite hands and I can say that both were virtually unreadable.

Thanxs Von a bit more fuel for my fire of fence sitting. Could someone after all that took place that evening/morning been able to effortlessly change, disguise ect their handwriting???? I know from this test that I could not, too many similarities flowing through the text.

Hi Ms B.

Ty for your efforts, espec re alcohol intake.

I tried writing the rn with latex gloves and wooly gloves; no real difference from my ungloved writing.

This isn't scientific or probative of anything but I have commented on the Dollar sign in the RN that looks like it had been changed from a Sterling sign. Well, I was just on the 'phone, holding the receiver with my right hand and doodling with my left on the message pad. Anyway, I am totally unidexterous (probably not a word, LOL) so my left hand doodlings were miserable specimens. However, I did notice that, when doodling 'sister', I had reversed both of the 's's in 'sister.' When I corrected them by writing 's' the correct way round, they looked just like the controversial dollar sign in the RN.

So, a highly subjective and completely anecdotal suggestion that the RN writer was in fact a right-hander writing with their left hand....

(Waits for Voynich to rip me apart :angel: )

Interesting. I've never compared my writing to the RN author's in
great detail, just the odd word here or there. Maybe I will.
Besides graphology, I've just looked at the words and just wondered who could have written it. Sort of like imagining myself writing it, and thinking of
how I would do it. Then compare to the writer's way.
I always keep thinking there has to be some small detail in that note
that will reveal something new about the writer. I find it a fun challenge.

Connor

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back