GA GA - Brian Wehrle, 39, Carrollton, 23 Sept 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Carrollton_Police_Seek_Missing_Man_100109

1 Oct 09

The Carrollton Police Department is seeking assistance with a missing person case.

Detectives are trying to locate Brian Anthony Wehrle, who was last seen on September 23, 2009 at about 3:00 p.m. at his parent’s residence in the City of Carrollton.

Wehrle is described as a white male, 39-years-old, 5' 7" and 140 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Police said he was last seen driving a blue 1992 Buick LeSabre with Georgia tag AYN-5020.

Wehrle also has a residence in the City of Atlanta on Morningside Drive.

If anyone has information that can assist in helping safely locate Brian Anthony Wehrle, you are urged to call the Carrollton Police Department (770-834-4451) or call 911 if the call is in Carroll County.

pic
http://media2.myfoxatlanta.com//pho...ny-_Missing_Person_20091001133042_320_240.JPG

Did they just report him missing? After over a week had gone by?

My parents would definitely be concerned before a week had gone by if they hadn't talked to me and couldn't reach me.

Of course, my husband gets irritated if I don't answer my cell within minutes of his first attempt, so he would have reported me missing in just hours!:angel:

Prayers that he is okay and just needed some time away.

http://www.times-georgian.com/pages...rching+for+missing+man&instance=home_news_top

24 Oct 09

Four weeks ago, Brian Wehrle’s friends and family began an optimistic search for the 40-year-old man who was last seen in Carrollton visiting relatives.

Now, with few leads to follow, the family continues to search for the missing man.

Wehrle, who lived in Atlanta with his partner, Jeff Rolsten, was last seen by his sister on Sept. 23 when he left her house after dinner.

Wehrle then returned to his parents’ home near Lake Carroll where he was staying for the week.

Rolsten spoke with Wehrle on the telephone that evening and reported that everything seemed normal. The next day, Wehrle missed an appointment in the morning, but reportedly paid a water bill around 3 p.m. at City Hall.

After paying the bill, police and family reported there was no further trace of the man, not even a transaction on any of his flagged financial accounts or credit cards.

much more at link

I live within miles of Brian and this is the first I have heard of this case. Is there any new info on Brian?

Missing Georgia Man's Car Found in Tennessee

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — A missing Georgia man's car was found abandoned in Chattanooga, with a stolen Tennessee license plate, and police suspect foul play.

Police told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that the abandoned blue 1992 Buick LeSabre belongs to Brian Anthony Wehrle, who left a relative's house in Carrollton, Ga., on Sept. 23.

The 39-year-old Wehrle left behind money, his cell phone, medication and personal belongings and hasn't been seen since.

More at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579864,00.html

Had a request to bring this thread down from the support forum for further discussion.

This is the latest news we have I think:

http://www.times-georgian.com/pages...rching+for+missing+man&instance=home_news_top

24 Oct 09

Four weeks ago, Brian Wehrle’s friends and family began an optimistic search for the 40-year-old man who was last seen in Carrollton visiting relatives.

Now, with few leads to follow, the family continues to search for the missing man.

Wehrle, who lived in Atlanta with his partner, Jeff Rolsten, was last seen by his sister on Sept. 23 when he left her house after dinner.

Wehrle then returned to his parents’ home near Lake Carroll where he was staying for the week.

Rolsten spoke with Wehrle on the telephone that evening and reported that everything seemed normal. The next day, Wehrle missed an appointment in the morning, but reportedly paid a water bill around 3 p.m. at City Hall.

After paying the bill, police and family reported there was no further trace of the man, not even a transaction on any of his flagged financial accounts or credit cards.

much more at link

What struck me as odd were there two differing accounts of what happened here. This report was from about one month after Brian disappeared. Here the mystery was that he went to Carrollton, GA for an appointment on the morning of Sept 24, yet he missed the appointment in the morning but paid a water bill in the afternoon of that day. He had gotten stuck in traffic getting to Carrollton due to flooded roads and Brian called to say that he would be looking for an alternative route home. However, his cell phone and other belongings were left at his parent's house:

http://tinyurl.com/yktoyf7

Then 2 months after he disappeared his car was found in Chattanooga with stolen plates on it so the police assumed foul play. This story raised more than a few eyebrows for me. Here it was claimed that he stopped at a Taco Bell en route to Carrollton and met some interesting people. Neighbors claim that they saw him at the house as late as 2 am on the 24th (I'm guessing they saw lights on at the house) and he was gone by 8 am. In the car was a receipt from the Taco Bell he stopped at on the way to Carrollton.

http://tinyurl.com/yk2gtr2

I commented before that I saw some resemblance to Steven Koecher in that their activities in the 24 hours before they disappeared were unusual. I'm wondering about alot of this including these things:

1. when he set up the appointment for the 24th, did he know he'd be home alone?
2. why would he save just the Taco Bell reciept and leave it in the car?
3. why would he miss an appointment in the morning yet pay a water bill in the afternoon? It was claimed that no one at the water dept recognized his picture so then who paid the bill for him? were there any video cameras at the water dept?
4. where was the car during the two months before it was found in Chattanooga?

I always thought most carjackings are done by people with an immediate need for a vehicle like someone who wants to elude authorities or use the car to commit crimes while not using their own vehicles.

There was a two month gap between when Brian and the car disappeared and the vehicle's sudden reappearance with stolen tags in Chattanooga. I'm not aware of carjackings where the perps hold onto the car for future use. Also that is quite a distance for someone to travel just to get a car, with flooded roads no less.

I always thought most carjackings are done by people with an immediate need for a vehicle like someone who wants to elude authorities or use the car to commit crimes while not using their own vehicles.

There was a two month gap between when Brian and the car disappeared and the vehicle's sudden reappearance with stolen tags in Chattanooga. I'm not aware of carjackings where the perps hold onto the car for future use. Also that is quite a distance for someone to travel just to get a car, with flooded roads no less.

yes, i agree... i think something is weird about this story... i havent read much of the steven k. thread...what are the similarities that you see between these cases?

http://www.projectqatlanta.com/news...y_atlantans_car_found_in_chattanooga?gid=4545

Wehrle (photo), a 40-year-old land surveyor in Atlanta and owner of a farm two hours north, disappeared from his parents house in Carrollton Sept. 23 as floodwaters rose across North Georgia. He left behind money, his cell phone, medication and an overnight bag “as if he was going to be right back,” Jeff Rolsten, Wehrle’s partner of 13 years, tells the Chattanooga Times-Free Press....

Due to the flooding, a normally hour-long drive from Atlanta to visit his family in Carrollton in September took Wehrle five hours. He told his family that due to the weather, he would delay his return to Atlanta. Then he and his car simply disappeared.

more at link...

Sep.21, Monday - Brian arrives @ family home in Carrollton,GA

Sep.22, Tuesday - ? nothing mentioned for this day.

Sep.23, Wednesday - Had dinner with sister. spoke withboyfriend
9:30p.

Sep.24, Thursday - 2a.m. last seen by neighbors of family home.
9a.m. Brian misses family meeting(reason he is in
Carrollton).
3:17p.m. record of Brian paying water bill, but no one
at water co. remembers/recognizes him.

Sep.25, Friday family calls police after not hearing from brian.

Brians cellphone, clothing, toiletries, money & heart
medication left behind at his parents home. family says it
would appear that he was coming back.

Sep.26, Saturday - Brian was to travel to Jacksonville, Florida to see
another of his sisters. Trip had been pre-arranged.

Dec.2nd - Brians car found parked on Judson Lane with stolen lic. plates.

none of brians financial accounts or cellphone have been used. the car was found on dec. 2nd. parked on Judson lane., Chattanooga, TN with stolen lic. plates.(plates were reported stolen on Oct.14th). car was left in the same condition as brian left it with a taco bell reciept and a book in the front seat.
brians boyfriend says that he recalls a conversation earlier in the week in which brian said that it had taken him 5 hours to travel from atalanta to carrollton due to the flood damage and traffic. brian said he intended to find a topographical map to find higher land in hopes of shorter drive time. tho it has been reported that brian did delay his trip back to atlanta due to the floods. also reported is that brian owns a farm 2hours north of atlanta.

Kind of guessing here -- but I wonder if what the neighbors saw at 2am was Brian being abducted/killed? And the perp is the one who paid the water bill?

It also seems possible that he had a heart attack somewhere away from the house and car -- and an opportunistic thief stole what appeared to be an abandoned car.

What struck me as odd were there two differing accounts of what happened here. This report was from about one month after Brian disappeared. Here the mystery was that he went to Carrollton, GA for an appointment on the morning of Sept 24, yet he missed the appointment in the morning but paid a water bill in the afternoon of that day. He had gotten stuck in traffic getting to Carrollton due to flooded roads and Brian called to say that he would be looking for an alternative route home. However, his cell phone and other belongings were left at his parent's house:

http://tinyurl.com/yktoyf7

Then 2 months after he disappeared his car was found in Chattanooga with stolen plates on it so the police assumed foul play. This story raised more than a few eyebrows for me. Here it was claimed that he stopped at a Taco Bell en route to Carrollton and met some interesting people. Neighbors claim that they saw him at the house as late as 2 am on the 24th (I'm guessing they saw lights on at the house) and he was gone by 8 am. In the car was a receipt from the Taco Bell he stopped at on the way to Carrollton.

http://tinyurl.com/yk2gtr2

I commented before that I saw some resemblance to Steven Koecher in that their activities in the 24 hours before they disappeared were unusual. I'm wondering about alot of this including these things:

1. when he set up the appointment for the 24th, did he know he'd be home alone?it has been reported that the meeting was a family meeting that he came specifically to carrollton to attend.
2. why would he save just the Taco Bell reciept and leave it in the car?
3. why would he miss an appointment in the morning yet pay a water bill in the afternoon? It was claimed that no one at the water dept recognized his picture so then who paid the bill for him? were there any video cameras at the water dept? good, questions, also reported that his cash and personal belongings were left at the family home, so how much was the bill, and how did he pay it?
4. where was the car during the two months before it was found in Chattanooga?
question #4 - i think this is the strangest part of this case. considering the car was left in exactly the same condition as when brian last had possession of the car ... GBI said there was very little evidence in the car. and its not clear to me as to the broken back window, it read like that had happened while brian had the car....??

Question #3 - also is a weird situation too, brians personal belongings including cash and cellphone were left behind at his parents home. so, i wonder how much the water bill was, and how did he pay for it?
Question #2 - i have no idea...used as a book mark, a red herring? maybe it doesnt mean anything? i would like to know who the stolen lic.plates are registered to and where they were stolen from... sounds like someone needed a car for a reason and wanted to set up someone else...but that even sounds way too complicated for your average street criminal?? i dont know why the criminal would carjack someone just to get a car..when they could easily just steal one? the keys were found in the ignition, that says something about brian...if they stole his car(without him being in it at the time) they wouldnt have his keys...and if he wanted it to look stolen he wouldnt have left the keys in the car?? and considering the car was not left in a very nice area i would think a car with keys in the ignition would be stolen again fairly soon???? idk...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back