Match! CA - Sierra Madre, AsianFem (231UFCA), 16+ *Doungboupa "Dawn" Sihakhom*

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/231ufca.html

231UFCA.jpg

Unidentified Asian Female

* The victim was discovered in 1993 north of Orange Grove, Sierra Madre, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 16+ years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 112 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; black eyes. No tattoos.
* Clothing: She was dressed in a black lace top with garder hoops and a black padded bra. She had no jewelry.

Case History
The victim appeared to have been dumped on Oak Meadow Rd., north of Orange Grove, Sierra Madre, California in 1993.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1271dfca.html

Christine Young Ho Park
Missing since September 3, 1993 from San Bernardino, San Bernardino County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: September 5, 1966
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Korean. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Dentals: Available.
* Clothing: Blue jean shorts and a grey sweat shirt with BOWDIN COLLEGE written on the front.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Park was last seen at the Arrowhead Springs Conference Center, in San Bernardino, California in 1993.

Possible match?:

1. Christine does NOT look like the sketch. At the bottom of Jane Doe's page there is a link to the actual autopsy photo CAUTION IT IS GRAPHIC. I believe Christine looks like the Jane Doe from that photo. Specifically the upturned nose.

2. Both have black hair, within 1" in height, within 4 lbs on weight.

3. Christine is listed as having brown eyes and Jane Doe is listed as having black eyes <<<descrepancy.

4. Christine disappeared from San Bernardino, California and Jane Doe was found in Sierra Madre, California. These two points are less than 1 hour away.

5. Although we know Jane Doe was found in 1993 there is no month given. Christine disappeared in September 1993

http://doenetwork.org/cases/231ufca.html

Unidentified Asian Female

• The victim was discovered on February 7, 1993 in Sierra Madre, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 17 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" (157 cm); 112 lbs (51 kg).
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, long, curly (permed) hair; brown eyes. No tattoos.
  • Clothing: She was dressed in a black Rayon mini-skirt, a black synthetic coat, a black lace top with garder hoops and a black padded bra. She had no jewelry. The skirt contained a label with “Lisa.S” and Japanese writing beneath, which indicated that the skirt may have been hand-made for someone named “Lisa”.
  • Dentals: Available; she had no fillings or restorations, two talon cusps, one on tooth 20 and the other on 29.

Case History
The victim appeared to have been dumped near 230 Oak Meadow Road in Sierra Madre, California on February 7, 1993.
Some elements, such as hair style, are the artist’s estimations to complete the image and should not be used as significant markers for identification.

It says on her Distinguishing Characteristics that she wore a skirt with the name "Lisa. S" with Japanese writing under it. I was thinking that this girl might be Japanese and that her name could be "Lisa".

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/231ufca.html

I could be looking into this a bit much, but here's all Japanese surnames I could find that start with the letter S
Saionji
Saito
Sakai
Sakamoto
Sakata
Sakurai
Saotome
Sasaki
Sato
Seki
Seto
Shimamura
Shimazu
Shimizu
Shimomura
Shimotsuki
Shindo
Shirakawa
Sho (disambiguation)
Soga
Sugawara
Sumeragi
Suzuki (disambiguation)

Does anyone know if these girls have been compared? I found a couple of short threads on the UF, but nothing that puts the two together. What do you think?

Hang Lee disappeared on 1/15/93 from St. Paul MN. On 2/7/93 in Sierra Madre, CA a young asian female was found. This is a 23 day interval.

The UF was wearing a black lace boustier with garter hooks and a black lace bra. I wonder if this UF was forced into prostituting. Her skirt had the name Lisa S. on it. When Hang Lee went missing she was wearing all black.

Both the UF and Hang Lee had no dental restorations.

Hang Lee was 17 and UF was estimated between 17 and 25 (dental age of 16-20).

UF has permed hair- Although it is not stated, in Hang Lee's picture her hair appears to be permed.

The only discepencies I can find are the UF is listed as 5'2" and Hang Lee is listed as 5'. The UF is listed as 112 llbs and Hang Lee is listed as 90 llbs.

Here are links for Hang Lee and UF.

WARNING:GRAPHIC MORGUE PHOTO AT THIS LINK
http://coroner.co.la.ca.us/htm/uipdetail.cfm?proc_flg=S&unid_case_num=1993-01391

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/231ufca.html

http://www.identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=3756

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lee_hang.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/755dfmn.html

All comments appreciated! Snufamonbobball

Hang Lee's face/chin area is more square shaped than the UFCA. the UFCA has a more oval heart shaped face/chin. This is just my opinion and as I am really really new at this it might not carry too much weight..lol :)

I personally think that the circumstances in Hang Lee's case alone would be enough to rule her out. It certainly sounds like the main person of interest in Hang Lee's case had something to do with her disappearance not to mention the friend Kia who had lied.

I don't think the two people are the same, sorry.

Maz

:cow:

WHAT DO YOU THINK????????? Should this be called in?????:twocents:

<links removed per request>

Side by Side

Sure does look like a good match to me,i would call it in.

I definitely think you should call it in! It sure looks like a match to me. Let us know how it turns out.

I have submitted this to NCMEC. I called LA Sheriff (# was at the bottom of her NCMEC poster) And they refused to take a report. Literally REFUSED. :banghead: I even offered to fax the info of the missing girl and unidentified body to them. They said since she was missing from Ontario, CA- she wasn't their case. I said- But her body was found in your jurisdiction- so I figure, they probably get a lot of calls that go nowhere, but I bet they'll listen if NCMEC calls.

Called NCMEC, she looked at the Charley page and then at the LA coroner website, and she said at first look it would appear to be a match, but it will be checked out by their cold case team asap. She also said they get calls all the time, and this was one of the first she had seen that made her say- "that's the person".

I hope this Doe can now (i know its cliche) RIP.

Always Appreciating.
Snufamonbobball

That looks like an excellent match. I hope this solves both the disappearance and the UID!

Good work!.

My vote is YES.
Everything matches, even the garter belt hoops and black lace bra
could be from her exotic dancer job that evening.
Face... looks like her, IMO.

Edit: sorry, I read the details from the link wrong... It does not specify working that night, just her place of employment.

I have a very slight reservation on this - in that the timeline may be "too good to be true."

What I mean by that is:

1. Dawn is reported as missing on February 1, 1993;
2. The UID was found on February 7, 1993.

If Dawn's missing date is the date she left Canada, it only allows 6 days for her to get to LA, get a job, be located or call home and say where she was, and be killed. She apparently ran away in 1993, implying that she had been in the area for a maximum of a month and probably less.

On the other hand if she was known to be working there as of February 1, and that's the last date of contact, then the timeline seems perfect - enough time for her to be within her regular contact routine, get into trouble, maybe be kidnapped and held for a short time, and body dump to discovery, without there being too much decomposition.

The point is that if we can get clarification of the timeline we may be able to rule this one out even if we don't have the cooperation of local LE where the body was found.

Edited to add:

More info here

I have a very slight reservation on this - in that the timeline may be "too good to be true."

What I mean by that is:

1. Dawn is reported as missing on February 1, 1993;
2. The UID was found on February 7, 1993.

If Dawn's missing date is the date she left Canada, it only allows 6 days for her to get to LA, get a job, be located or call home and say where she was, and be killed. She apparently ran away in 1993, implying that she had been in the area for a maximum of a month and probably less.

On the other hand if she was known to be working there as of February 1, and that's the last date of contact, then the timeline seems perfect - enough time for her to be within her regular contact routine, get into trouble, maybe be kidnapped and held for a short time, and body dump to discovery, without there being too much decomposition.

The point is that if we can get clarification of the timeline we may be able to rule this one out even if we don't have the cooperation of local LE where the body was found.

Edited to add:

More info here

Dawn is from Ontario, California, not Ontario, Canada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back