Dog Survives Horrible Accident... But Wait There's More!!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

And just down from there, she found a second set of even more intriguing clues: personal items gathered up. By the dog, she assumed.

"It was like she was sleeping with them - or waiting with them," Kathy said.

She took a picture with her cell phone and then gathered the items. They were mostly random, personal things - toothbrush, comb, razor, a candle that said Michelle, but nothing that would explain anything - although now, she did have a hunch.

Kathy remembered two weeks earlier she'd driven by an accident on the same stretch of highway. She remembered because it was such a horrible crash. A single car had flipped over and landed on the side of the road, at just about the same spot where she found the dog.

Based on what she saw that day, Kathy figured there was no way a person could have survived, but what about a dog? So she called the highway patrol.

That's a really awesome story. :dance::woohoo:

Here's a video

Awe that is a sweet story...thanks for sharing.

Awe that is a sweet story...thanks for sharing.

A real heart warmer.

I'm guessing the survival of the family probably had something to do with seatbelts and a well made baby seat. I don't know for sure but I'd be willing to bet a lot on it. :dance:

What a sweet story. They were all happy to see each other weren't they?

I was so touched by this story! I cried when I heard she stayed by all his families belongings at the crash site. Thank you Steely Dan for sharing with us! What a loving and faithful pooch!

From the article:
Thrown from the car, rescue crews never saw the dog. She spent 13 days scavenging for food along the highway - and 13 nights bedding down with whatever she could find that smelled like her lost family.

What a faithful friend Ella is! I LOVE dogs, don't you?

Bless Ella's heart and Kathy also for caring so much! :blowkiss:

Is there a new story? I can't get to the video at work and would love to read the whole story.

What a smart dog Emma is. I love watching the part of the video where she licks the baby's face. LOL

Thanks so much for posting this! as dog mom to 4 wonderful loving rottweilers this one really hit me! I cant imagine losing one of my beloved dogs, and am so pleased these folks were able to be reunited with their big teddy bear.

What a wonderful story! A miracle the dog survived and such devotion to her family just makes me cry,so sweet. Big,Big kudo's for the rescue that saved the dog and is holding her till the family gets on their feet. Such people are like Angels on Earth.

This isn't about dogs but it's at the bottom of the page I linked above and even more emotional.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpohfny7jWg"]YouTube- Soldiers Surprising their kids[/ame]

Here's another war dog story; http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/...safe-YEAR-lost-fierce-Afghanistan-battle.html

A sniffer dog that went missing in action after a battle in Afghanistan has been found safe and well after more than a year in the desert.

Sabi the black Labrador was with a joint Australian-Afghan army patrol when it was ambushed by Taliban militants in September 2008.

article-1227206-072F4DB0000005DC-466_634x416.jpg

I'd just like to hug that big fella......

I am so much a dog person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back