FL FL - Marjorie 'Christy' Luna, 8, Greenacres City, 27 May 1984

Richard

Reaction score
Marjorie Christina Luna
Missing since May 27, 1984 from Greenacres City, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 7, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 60 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; hazel eyes. She has a fair complexion. Her nickname is "Christy."
Medical Conditions: Luna has a slight speech impediment. She also has difficulty hearing.
Marks, Scars: Strawberry birthmark on right side of back.
Clothing: A turquoise bodysuit, barefoot
Dentals: Not available. Luna's teeth are crooked.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Luna was last seen at a neighborhood store in her hometown of Greenacres City, Florida on May 27, 1984. She purchased cat food and left the store at approximately 3:00 PM. The business was located 400 yards from Luna's home. Foul play is suspected in Luna's disappearance.

A possible connection to a longtime suspect has emerged in 2004. The suspect was reportedly at a party in Luna's neighborhood the day she disappeared, and a man fitting his description was seen outside the store.
Not long after Christy's disappearance, The suspect moved back up to New Hampshire and got a job in the small town of Exeter.

On November 13, 1984, Tammy Lyn Belanger disappeared on her way to her elementary school, around the corner from the body shop where The suspect worked.

He quickly became the primary suspect in her disappearance as well, though he has never been charged, and her body has never been found.
The suspect has always denied meeting Christy, but authorities are hoping for the first time that traces of cat hair can link him to her.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning Luna's whereabouts, please contact:

Greenacres Police Department
Sgt. William Springer
561-688-4013
E-Mail: groupps@ci.greenacres.fl.us
OR
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
William Springer
561-688-4013
E-Mail SpringerW@pbso.org

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Number: 5843968
NCIC Number: M-211599738
NCMEC Number: NCMC601802

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Florida State Attorney's Office
Palm Beach Post - May 27, 2004
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
CA DOJ
doenetwork.org

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/304dffl.html

Marjorie Christina Luna
Missing since May 27, 1984 from Greenacres City, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 7, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 60 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; hazel eyes. She has a fair complexion. Her nickname is "Christy."
Medical Conditions: Luna has a slight speech impediment. She also has difficulty hearing.
Marks, Scars: Strawberry birthmark on right side of back.
Clothing: A turquoise bodysuit, barefoot
Dentals: Not available. Luna's teeth are crooked.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Luna was last seen at a neighborhood store in her hometown of Greenacres City, Florida on May 27, 1984. She purchased cat food and left the store at approximately 3:00 PM. The business was located 400 yards from Luna's home. Foul play is suspected in Luna's disappearance.

A possible connection to a longtime suspect has emerged in 2004. The suspect was reportedly at a party in Luna's neighborhood the day she disappeared, and a man fitting his description was seen outside the store.
Not long after Christy's disappearance, The suspect moved back up to New Hampshire and got a job in the small town of Exeter.

On November 13, 1984, Tammy Lyn Belanger disappeared on her way to her elementary school, around the corner from the body shop where The suspect worked.

He quickly became the primary suspect in her disappearance as well, though he has never been charged, and her body has never been found.
The suspect has always denied meeting Christy, but authorities are hoping for the first time that traces of cat hair can link him to her.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning Luna's whereabouts, please contact:

Greenacres Police Department
Sgt. William Springer
561-688-4013
E-Mail: groupps@ci.greenacres.fl.us
OR
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
William Springer
561-688-4013
E-Mail SpringerW@pbso.org

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Number: 5843968
NCIC Number: M-211599738
NCMEC Number: NCMC601802

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Florida State Attorney's Office
Palm Beach Post - May 27, 2004
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
CA DOJ
doenetwork.org

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/304dffl.html

July 14, 2006 - 6:32 am

Related articles:
He was 'Filthy McNasty' (7/16/2006) Police probe old killing (7/14/2006)

lg.php

lg.php

Karen Voyles, a reporter with the Gainesville Sun in Florida, interviewed Edward Earl Dukette at his mobile home Wednesday. This is her transcript of that interview:
What do you know about the 1971 death of Kathy Gloddy?
I don't think I am a suspect in the girl's death.
Why did you go to the jail to talk about the case?
I have a disease. Sometimes my blood gases and oxygen go off at the same time, and I get confused. They (doctors) did something to my back, a spinal tap is what they call it, and I had some very strange thoughts, and I thought I was guilty about something, but I am not sure that is so. Now I have alterations of my thoughts and all that business. I went down there (the Dixie County jail) and I thought about this. I told them something of that nature. I am not sure what all I said.
Why did the New Hampshire investigators come to Florida if you are not a suspect?
Those people that came down from New Hampshire, all they were doing was feeding more suggestive things about that incident. I am very confused about it. Yes I am. I was very messed up about it. I had known her (Kathy Gloddy) many years ago. It was a lot of thoughts that came to me out of the time that they did that thing on my back, that spinal tap, and they weren't supposed to do that, but what's done is done and now my oxygen gets all messed up and it makes me think all messed up. I am really not sure about all that business. There was a lot of things that they told me that I do not know how I can speak about it.
What prompted you to go to the jail and talk about a case that no one in Dixie County would have known anything about?
Sometimes I am not very responsible for the things that I do because of this trouble with my blood gases. It's a mess.
Do you work?
I am retired. I was a mechanic and I worked on things like forklifts in factories and all. I have been on oxygen for 24 years. I have a disease in my lungs.
A POI perhaps?

Karen Voyles, a reporter with the Gainesville Sun in Florida, interviewed Edward Earl Dukette at his mobile home Wednesday.

At his mobile home?

Dead Sex Offender Could Be Link To Girl's Disappearance
8-Year-Old Disappeared While Walking To Greenacres Store In May 1984
POSTED: 8:38 am EDT May 25, 2010
UPDATED: 1:35 pm EDT May 25, 2010

23667997_240X180.jpg

Authorities said a sex offender who died in a Tennessee prison may be responsible for the disappearance of an 8-year-old girl who disappeared 26 years ago.

Marjorie "Christy" Luna was last seen May 27, 1984, walking to a store in her Greenacres neighborhood.

At a news conference Tuesday, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said Delbert Mosher could be responsible for her disappearance.

"He lived in the area in 1984," Sgt. William Springer said. "He is a known sex offender. He has molested children in '84, got out of prison in '90 (when) he molested again."

But PBSO deputies cannot question Mosher. He died in a Tennessee prison a few years ago.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/23667449/detail.html

Detectives seek public's help in finding new clues in the disappearance of 'Christy' Luna in 1984

Posted: 5:48 a.m. Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Detectives today are calling for the public's help in finding new clues about the mysterious disappearance of an 8-year-old Greenacres girl in 1984.

snip

Today, on International Missing Children's Day, they released photos and composite sketches of two men who they would like to know more about.

One of the men died in a Tennessee prison but used to live in the West Palm Beach area near Greenacres and had been arrested three times on charges of molesting children.

There is no apparent connection between the man, identified as Dilbert Mosher, and Luna, but detectives would like to explore any possible links, given his criminal past.

"Everything's a long shot," said Palm Beach Beach Sheriff's Sgt. Bill Springer. "But we'll take a long shot. We'll take what we can get."

Investigators also released two composite sketches of a man who may have sexually attacked Luna in a park bathroom on the day she disappeared.

One of the composite sketches is based on a description provided by a woman who claimed that as a young girl, she was with Luna on the day she disappeared. She said the two of them were attacked by the man and that she was left for dead, while Luna disappeared.

She came forward for the first time a few years ago, saying she had never said anything in the past because she was not supposed to be outside her house at the time and was afraid of getting in trouble.

But a friend of the witness who also claimed to be in the bathroom when the girls were attacked has disputed the girl's recollection, saying that the event did happen but that it was at a different time and that Luna was not involved.

A second composite sketch has also been created based on the witness' friend's description.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...publics-help-in-finding-new-clues-707014.html

Victor Wonyetye, little doubt in anyone's mind, most likely is behind Christy's disappearance. Police found trace amounts of cat hair in his belongings, and Christy was always covered in cat hair, and someone fitting his description was seen around the grocery store when Christy vanished. I googled Victor's name just a moment ago, and I found this link to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office saying that Wonyetye was arrested yet again in November of last year, stating that a court order required he be returned to the slammer. Perhaps they've finally found evidence to link him to Christyy or to Tammy Belanger, the other girl he is suspected of murdering?

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-pbso/2010-11-08/victor-g-wonyetye-201011080147225

Last night, I looked up Victor Wonyetye on the Florida sex offenders website, and I read something I did not want to see. The site can be reached here:

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=73372

Under status, it says deceased. With Wonyetye gone, it seems very likely that we will never know what happened to Christy now. The only other suspect in the case, Delbert Mosher, also died in prison a couple of months ago, so he cannot be questioned. Unlike the circumstance with Tammy Belanger, were a friend of Wonyetye's has claimed to have been with Wonyetye when he had Tammy and knows what happened to her, that does not seem to be the case with Christy. All they seem to have to go on with her are trace amounts of cat hair found in Wonyetye's car, which we know Christy was always covered with, and a confession he may have made to other inmates years ago. Here is a link to an article with that information:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...mdKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0pMMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6251,2883649

Another article dated Jan. 14, 1992, written by Amy Driscoll of the Palm Beach Post, specifically says that Victor Wonyetye told inmates he had kidnapped, raped, and killed two 8-year-old girls. The headline says Greenacres girl, which would be Christy. Unfortunately, the inmates' testimony and the cat hair found in Wonyetye's car seem to be the only connections, and those by themselves aren't very solid. I wish the testimony could someday be revealed, as it seems to be the only account we will ever get on what Wonyetye did to these poor girls now that he is dead.

The police chiefs said they're certain then-Exeter auto body worker, and pedophile, Victor G. Wonyetye killed Belanger, as well Christy Luna, an 8-year-old Florida girl. Luna disappeared four months before Belanger, and Wonyetye - who died in prison last December - was seen in both areas at the times both girls vanished, said Valiquet.

[snip]

Early into the investigation, Valiquet called police in Florida, where Wonyetye was known to visit, and learned Luna had disappeared while Wonyetye was in the area.

“They were 1,500 miles apart on two different dates and they have one common denominator,” said Valiquet. “Remember, there's two girls missing and he's at the scene of both of them. He'd have a better chance of winning the lottery.”

More: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130606-NEWS-130609849

The saddest part of it all is that there doesn't to be enough evidence at this time to lead to a charge, even a posthumous one. Ann Gotlib's killer died in prison also, but a few years ago, it was announced that if he were still alive, he would most likely be convicted in her murder, despite the fact that her body was never recovered. I have always been certain that Wonyetye was guilty in the Christy Luna and Tammy Belanger cases as well, but it's a shame that we never got a confession out of the man before he met his maker. In the words of Wonyetye's boss, I hope they were worth the eternity he's facing now.

Having had a chance to read the article that mikkismom posted the link to, I noticed that Willis and Chuck Rambo are still being investigated in Christy's disappearance. My suspicion remains on Wonyetye, however, not just because of the fact that Wonyetye was reportedly at a party in Christy's neighborhood the day she went missing, or even the fact that he (or at least a man fitting his description) was seen outside the store that Christy was walking to when she disappeared. The biggest red flag to me is the cat hair. In an article written by Andrew Marra in the Palm Beach Post and published May 27, 2004, the twentieth year anniversary of Christy's disappearance, it was reported that police in Exeter had found trace amounts of cat hair among Victor Wonyetye's possessions and that they were looking into the possibility that the cat hair could have come from one of Christy's cats. According to Christy's mother, she and her stuffed animals were always covered in cat hair, but I have never heard any results of any investigation of the sort. I would like to find out if any such investigation was done, and what the results were if so. It would certainly bring the police closer to proving that Wonyetye is responsible for this crime.

Bumping case up. Next month will mark thirty years since Marjorie Christina Luna went missing.

I would really like to know what Victor Wonyetye told his fellow inmates around 1992, when a newspaper article was printed saying he confessed to them that he raped, strangled, and killed two 8-year-old girls. The article's headline said Greenacres girl, which would have been Christy. Even if it's not enough to charge Wonyetye with her murder, hearing the testimony would give her poor mother peace of mind. I wonder if the police could possibly ask the inmates what he told them should their memory be good enough to recall and should they still be living. Now that Wonyetye is dead we will never get a confession out of him, and I would certainly settle for any sort of closure if I were in her position, especially knowing that the man who killed her died in jail.

GREENACRESAll this weekend, Marjorie Christina Luna will take over social media for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. She’ll do this despite having vanished more than three decades ago.

The 8-year-old Greenacres second-grader will speak vicariously through sheriff’s office tweets and Facebook postings, recreating in real time the events before and after 2:30 p.m. on May 27, 1984.

That’s the moment she walked, barefoot, in her turquoise swimsuit, two blocks from her home to the venerable Belk’s General Store on Swain Boulevard to buy food for her cats, Boo Boo and Skeeter.

“Follow her as she tells you her story of how she went missing, as it happened at exactly the time it happened, 33 years ago,” the sheriff’s Facebook page says.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...peak-via-social-media/YAmGNvlXrAbbAqM37EyC6M/

When I was a kid growing up in the 70s/80s in New England, you weren't allowed in a store in your bare feet. It was the old, no shoes/no shirt/no service. Is that not a thing in FL?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...e-let-a-missing-girl-take-over-their-twitter/
attachment.php

Beginning May 26, the date before Christy disappeared, authorities let her imagined voice "take over" their Facebook and Twitter to recount in real time what she could have been thinking and feeling during her kidnapping all those years ago.

"Let me take you back to 1984, the time when I was a happy child, living in Greenacres with mommy, my sister Allie, Mama Kitty and her babies," the sheriff's office tweeted Friday morning, pretending as though Christy had typed the words herself. "Who would have thought that tomorrow would be the day I disappeared and was probably brutally beaten, raped, sold or murdered?"

The tweets and Facebook posts in Christy's voice continued through May 27, the anniversary of her disappearance, and May 28, when Johnson went on the news to plea for the safe return of her child.

According to the tweets and newspaper accounts, Johnson let her daughters believe she was taking them to Disney World on May 26, 1984. They packed fruit, sandwiches and blankets and set off on a road trip. But instead of Disney, they went to Dubois Beach, a coastal park in the city of Jupiter.

"Guess what!!!???" one tweet read. "We didn't make it to Disney! Mommy says we don't have money."

On May 27, they arrived home from their holiday trip, exhausted. Johnson got them Wendy's fast food. Christy ate, but Allie, 10, went straight to bed in the small room the sisters shared because they were afraid of the dark. Johnson napped, too, while Christy searched for loose change and ventured to the store.

At 8:30 p.m., Allie woke up to an empty bedroom. She waited 30 minutes, reported the Miami Herald, then stirred her sleeping mother.

"Mommy," Johnson recalled Allie saying, "where's Christy?"
They questioned neighbours, searched dumpsters and visited Belk's, where people said they saw Christy buy the cat food then step outside to watch other children play with fireworks.

The sheriff's department tweets did not go into detail about what happened next, but offered an imagined inner dialogue that left some followers chilled and perplexed.

"Wait, something doesn't feel right ... Someone keeps looking at me … Something is wrong; my heart is pounding .."

"HELP!!!"

"STOP!!! NOOO, DON'T DO THAT!"

"Why are you taking me? Why are you doing this? Nothing will ever be the same after this … "

Attachments

• B823375761Z.1_20170530074309_000_GBI1T1O27.1_Gallery.jpg
    B823375761Z.1_20170530074309_000_GBI1T1O27.1_Gallery.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 56

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members