Celebs wearing "Find Haleigh" T-Shirts.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
There is a cause called "Snapshot Search" and two actors from the Soap Opera "As the World Turns" are working with this to help find missing children. Michael Park(Jack Snyder) and Mick Hazen (Parker) are shown in a photo wearing "Find Haleigh" T-Shirts. I think its great they are doing this. Below is the source and info about the project:

SOURCE: Mick H. (Parker) and Michael P. (Jack) work with Snapshot Search to find missing kids - boards.soapcentral.com

The Snapshot Search project is a project working with celebrities by using pictures of them holding up posters of missing children or wearing tee-shirts featuring them. The website for the project is coming (very) soon. Mick sent in his and Michael's picture today and I wanted to share it.

This story gave me goose bumps....This is wonderful.

I had a visceral reaction, as well. Not so sure it was one of the wonderful kind. That's just me, though.....or it could be the cheesy crab/artichoke dip from last night.

Here is the link to the website:

http://snapshotsearch.net/

Right now its just a the preview page. It looks like they are featuring Haleigh as she is in the preview page as well.

It would be nice to see someone like Oprah do this. Sadly I dont think she'd swap her $2000 blouse or cardy for a Tee despite it being for such a great cause.
It's upsetting that other missing children get so little media attention. Wouldn't it be nice to see journos and celebs wearing a Tee with the face of a different missing child each day? They all deserve to be noticed, seen and found.
JMO

I realize that any efforts to find missing children helps....but when celebs do it, and especially in this manner, it feels more like a publicity stunt than it does a real effort.

I don't care if it may be a publicity stunt.

Anything to get her face and story out there is okay with me.

Whatever it takes to bring her home.

Putting Caylee's face out there contributed to money for the Anthony's. I suspect the same with this case.

.........I am waiting for Roy Kronk. Send in the Utility Workers!

Debs, It wasn't the dip that caused your reaction...IMO...lol

I don't know if it's good or bad. Some celebs do take up various causes. Courtney Cox came back to AL and did a benefit auction to help raise funds for the Natalee Holloway search.
And there is no such thing as bad publicity, to some of these celebs.

I'm one of the girls running this site, I only just found this page and I know it's been a while, but I wanted to clear things up: This was NOT just a publicity stunt. I personally talk to Mick and he is an amazing person, he wanted to do whatever he could to help - not only did he take the pictures, but he's also worn the shirt out in public. It is the same with the other celebrities that have been involved. Mick, along with Daniel Manche and Maia Krall Fry both were asking us what else they could do to help after they took their pictures. Not all celebs are bad people. The ones involved in Snapshot Search so far are some of the nicest, most caring people out there. They received no money for doing this, nor did they give us any money. Megan (another girl who runs the project) personally paid for and sent the shirts to Mick and Michael. The others involved have printed posters and taken pictures. There has been no money exchanged at all.

I've been watching As The World Turns since its inception, and I've seen the cast members do many things for charity, so I think this is just another of their good works. I do think they mean it. These two guys (Michael and Mick) are especially active in supporting worthy causes. No need to think it's a publicity stunt. Actors of daytime dramas have always been extra generous with their time.

By the way, they play father and son on ATWT. :wink: The other guy, Daniel Manche, plays the other son.

I don't recognize the girl and the little guy.

Haleigh's album is here: http://snapshotsearch.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=8

Haleigh's celebs are here: http://snapshotsearch.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=10

I hope these work because the other links weren't working properly. I had to hunt around for the proper pages. The soapcentral link only brought me to a bad page.

Let's say you or I were celebs--would that change our interest in finding Haleigh or, I just can't name them all--the missing kids? I sure as sundown would still invest what time I had and use whatever tools I had. We are becoming such a suspicious society. Sometimes a good deed is just that--a good deed. JMO

I am on the fence because it is obvious that Haleigh has disappeared due to a person that knew her, so searching for her is difficult unless a family member speaks up. I am glad Celebs take an interest and I am sure their heart is in the right place. However; there are some people close to the crimes who are searching for donations for themselves. Non-profits pop up everywhere. There is no such thing as non-profit, BTW...somebody is making money. With all the money rc took, did he ever hire a search team or P.l.?

In summary, I am glad that celebs try to help..it is not them I worry about. Advertising for a child like Caylee for instance was crazy. From the beginning we knew she had passed yet cindy continued on her mantra all over the USA, finding a way to get donations, inisting she was just missing and promoting an abductor...that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

I think this is a wonderful source to get the faces out of the missing. There are many people who do not follow these cases on the net, many may not even have cable but would never miss watching their soaps and adore these actors. These stars have a huge fan base. Caring people come from all walks of life and if they are able to command the eyes of people all over the country, I think they are a very good tool. I have worn missing shirts before and nobody noticed me. Personally, I'd like to see more stars use their celebrity for worthy causes than see them in the news for being drunks, druggies, bad parents, etc.

"Ester" from Y & R has always been active in very many causes. Also, I remember the cast from Guiding Light going to help rebuild in La.

I realize that any efforts to find missing children helps....but when celebs do it, and especially in this manner, it feels more like a publicity stunt than it does a real effort.

I get your point debs and it's a good one.
The number one thing would be to make sure stable, well liked, upstanding people wear the shirts. Imagine seeing Joran wearing one in the Peru prison.

Many celebs are taking up causes like this, and after all, they're people too. They have a heart and soul and I'm sure a lot of them DO care about the missing kids.
If they get a little publicity for it... who cares?
I'd rather hear about them doing something for the good of mankind than hear about Lindsey Lohan's escapades.

glitering_sign.gif
B00kw0rm !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288