another theory...

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
..in thinking about it,maybe this *was a planned murder,of sorts.perhaps the clock started ticking for JB the moment she was found crying on the steps the night of the 23rd,saying she 'didn't feel pretty'.I DON'T THINK THOSE WERE HER ACTUAL WORDS.I think that was paraphrased in order to conceal her actual words,which would be considered evidence in this case.IMO she was describing a sexual act that was done on her that night...thus the reason for SS answering LE via intercom,without ever opening the door.(and the reason for the 911 call in the first place! someone was threatening to tell..)

I think it was Janet McReynolds who found her on the stairs crying? (someone correct me if I'm wrong).But I suspect that conversation entailed much much, more than LE can reveal.after all,it's doubtful anyone who heard something as shocking as that would not ask any further q's.and perhaps JM (or someone else),was planning on going to LE about it *after Christmas (just as the mothers who were going to confront Patsy and attempt an intervention,were going to do so after Christmas)... Patsy and JR get wind of this...perhaps on Christmas day,maybe even at the White's party OR...via the Stine's when they stopped by.perhaps this is the real reason for not stopping by the Fernie's,as they had planned.(perhaps it wasn't really all that late,as they'd said..)
this leaves JR (and Patsy) driving home,now nervous,anxious ..in a fury and contemplating what to do.the evidence on JB,as well as her own words (backed by the confession she gave) will speak for themselves.the trip to MI has already been planned...meaning they won't even be able to be in town to defend themselves,while an investigation is going on behind their backs.they're afraid of being investigated and arrested upon returning home..
JB is given as pineapple snack while JR and Patsy talk elsewhere in the house about what to do..
JB is confronted about what she has said the night of the 23rd,she repeats what she had said happened to her..so now Patsy and JR know for sure that she had revealed she was being molested to someone outside the house...the fury and anger builds,and starting with JB's shirt collar,it is twisted in an attempt to strangle her.JB breaks free of that and screams,and thus is struck with the flashlight (or thrown into something)..and everything else flows from there.
I do believe the Stine's were called,and that they had known something was amiss prior to that (as evidenced from the 23rd,and maybe even before that),and they put two and two together..thus SS being overly protective of the R's.(as well as her other odd behaviors).
In short,if this were the case,then the R's felt compelled to silence JB,upon finding out someone outside the house knew,(probably in detail),of JB being molested...and it had to be done then,before anyone had a chance to talk to LE about the events of he 23rd.IOW..there HAD to be an intruder,and JB HAD to be silenced..since they felt they were,for sure,going to be investigated.
JAT!!

What if a R AND a friend were both involved?Dunno but I find all the friend's behaviours weird......Why were those 4 called and the other ones not.....the 911 call on the 23.........don't ask me why but I always had the feeling that something happened at the White's party.....

JMO- can u pls tell me who u r referring to when u say SS and JM???

susan stine and janet mcreynolds...janet was 'santa's' wife(man who played santa at the party the night of the 23rd)..Bill McReynolds.

Another WEIRD thing crossed my mind..............reading about PR's healing service>>>>who knows why they called the rev and the friends over?maybe we're missing something............

Sometimes I have the feeling this case sounds like Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express............maybe there were more people involved in the cover-up...........the over staging..........

What if a R AND a friend were both involved?Dunno but I find all the friend's behaviours weird......Why were those 4 called and the other ones not.....the 911 call on the 23.........don't ask me why but I always had the feeling that something happened at the White's party.....
true,they certainly might have sought help at any time during that evening.
IMO,those 4 *were called that morning(white's and fernies) because they were NOT involved in the murder in any way,and had no knowledge of what had occurred the previous night.the R's needed for the whole thing to come off as being completely genuine,and that was a good start,a far as having witnesses (to when she was finally 'found') and friends around to help buffer them from LE.

One thing , however, which stops me from thinking this was premeditated is this:
if they planned to kill her, they would have been much more scrupulous about not leaving clues which might suggest that they are involved.For instance, the rn: I think they would have typed it instead.
Also, they could have planned a party to be hosted in THEIR HOME that night, while they murdered her in the basement.( more people means more suspects).
also, they would have been better prepared to move the body outside their home and so make the possibilty of a kidnapping more valid, IMO

possibly,but imo just the short amt of time they had might have led to events as such..no time for a party or to rid of the body,they'd just found out that evening..and since they were throwing evidence Patsy's way (in case they didn't get away with it,plan b was for her to take the fall),it was written,not typed.as far as I know,LE would have been able to determine where it was typed and or printed from (?).so that would only leave their home,that night.(lest someone bring over a computer,typewriter or printer).

That is a really persuasive and plausible theory. As you say, JMO, that conversation about 'not feeling pretty' is alarming and if LE didn't investigate that angle fully the first time, I hope they are considering it now.

thanks Sophie.it's only one of my theories though.the other two are that PR caught JR molesting JB,and struck out in anger at her.(blaming the victim,as is sometimes done).
the other is that JB was killed as she was being molested (by a family member,I do rule out intruder);she screamed and the head bash was to silence her.everything else went from there.

I found the prologue of the book online;it just says 'a family friend'.I don't know why I was thinking it was JM,unless it was stated somewhere else it was her.
this is from Steve Thomas (one of the leading detectives on the case) book JonBenet: Inside the Investigation.I really recommend this book if any of you haven't read it yet!

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]PROLOGUE

[/SIZE]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]There was not another little girl in America with her name. JonBenét-- a combination of her father's first and middle names, John and Bennett-- was more of a title created just for her, similar to those of the four daughters of her mother's best friend who also bore classy Francophile names. At home she was called Johnni-B. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] JonBenét Ramsey entered the world on August 6, 1990, in Atlanta's Northside Hospital, weighing six pounds, nine ounces. She was able to fall asleep easily with a bottle and the background noise of a television set, but she also had a grumpy side, and her grandmother would recall that after her second birthday, JonBenét could indeed be a Terrible Two. At three and a half, she still regularly drank her milk from the bottle. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The family moved from Georgia to Colorado, into a huge house at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, after her first birthday. Her lavishly decorated bedroom was originally built for her two much older stepsisters, Beth and Melinda, but a double tragedy made it hers. Beth was killed in an automobile accident, and JonBenét's mother was diagnosed with cancer. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The little girl was moved into the bigger bedroom to be closer to her mother, who, ravaged by chemical treatments, temporarily gave up sleeping in the master bedroom in favor of one more convenient to a bathroom. Mother and daughter were right next door. Her room was so warm that even on the coldest winter night, when the outside temperature would dip below zero, JonBenét would kick off her covers and sleep with only a sheet and blanket. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Her education began with early home schooling and then a church preschool program but did not stop at the classroom door. The little girl traveled widely, to New York several times and as far away as Italy. She was a member of Daisy Troop 2349 of the Girl Scouts in Boulder. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Summers were spent at a sprawling white house that had been expensively remodeled in Charlevoix, Michigan, where JonBenét loved to swing on the tire at the bottom of the hill, swim in the lake, go roller-blading and biking, and be a tomboy who didn't care about getting dirt under her fingernails. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Her hair, which would go dishwater dirty during the Colorado winter, would blaze back blond in the Michigan sunshine, with some help from a bottle, and she wore it in a ponytail or a braid. Her favorite foods were macaroni and cheese and fresh fruit, and she loved pineapple. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The entrance of JonBenét into the peculiar and competitive world of children's beauty pageants was destined from the very start. Her mom, Patsy Ramsey, and her aunt Pam Paugh had both won the Miss West Virginia crown and competed for Miss America. JonBenét seemed to have what it took to carry on that family tradition. Patsy and her mother, Nedra, were inspired to put JonBenét into pageants during a visit to a Little Miss America contest in 1994, and a career was set. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] JonBenét was only four years old, not yet in kindergarten, when she hit the circuit, and the judges immediately knew that the sparkling beginner in the white dress still needed a lot of work, but they said she was a natural. In the summer of 1994 JonBenét was accidentally hit on the left cheek by a golf club swung by her brother, Burke, and her mother rushed the child to see a plastic surgeon, who thought Patsy was overreacting. The doctor apparently didn't understand the importance of an imperfection on a budding beauty queen. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Her first major win came in Michigan. After a thorough "pageant scrub" to clean up dirty knees and elbows, a good hair wash, and a French manicure for those dirty nails, JonBenét performed a patriotic song and tap routine and was crowned Little Miss Charlevoix. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The child radiated star power, but there was a brain inside that pretty head. She listened attentively to adults talk in the evening, nestled on someone's lap in a big chair, and her vocabulary and sense of logic were remarkable. When her aunt found her running barefoot on the Charlevoix dock and asked, "Why don't you put your shoes on?" JonBenét answered, "Aunt Pam, I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet." She was a free spirit. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] In October 1995, she became Little Miss Colorado Sunburst and qualified for a national pageant the next year. In the 1995 Boulder Christmas parade, she sang and waved from a float called the Good Ship Lollipop, which was built by her grandfather. "Quite a performer," the judges said, the payoff for the hundred-dollar-per-hour lessons. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] She blossomed as a beauty, loving everything about the pageants and making sure to tell her mother, who was leaving for London, to bring her back some hats. The natural prissiness of a little girl came forth as she expressed her strong will, not hesitating to tell an adult doing her hair, "I don't like that, I want it this way." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] On many nights, JonBenét would fall asleep watching videotapes of Patsy and Pam in the Miss America pageant. She wanted to stroll that Atlantic City Boardwalk someday, and it was drummed into her that the coveted sash, trophy, and tiara would come only through total dedication. Once, when she balked, her grandmother groused, "JonBenét, you will do it. This is your job. There are no excuses." A family friend recalled JonBenét being chilly in a restaurant after a pageant and her mother not allowing the child to put on a sweater because "You're still on show." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] JonBenét did not need a professional trainer with a couple of former Miss West Virginias in the family. They would be her mentors instead of some professional who might turn her into a rigid automaton, with nothing but boring ten-and two-o'clock stances, flashing the collar and cuffs, never touching the dress, and perhaps, her grandmother warned, even using the sleazy shoulder shake that homosexuals taught. The strategy was for Johnni-B to go beyond the ordinary and bring her natural friendliness and a touch of class to the shows. In pageants from Rome, Georgia, to Elk Rapids, Michigan, the plan worked. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Daddy had money, a great advantage because the pageant world is not for the miserly. Talent lessons were expensive, and her spectacular handmade costumes cost even more. JonBenét would not go out there in K-Mart dresses, and she regularly brought home "Best Wardrobe" titles. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] But there were some dark secrets. She had a continuing problem with wetting her bed, regressing in her toilet training in the months before her death. Occasionally she would even defecate in the bed and at one point was wetting or soiling her underpants during the day. She would not wipe adequately after a bowel movement. This would never do for a beauty queen. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Her intelligence kept pace with her almost flawless beauty, and she kept a list on her night table of books that had been read to her. Her father insisted that knowledge and talent were much more important than looking good. She was truly beautiful but still was only a child beginning to read and write, even though her mother created a more impressive résumé on pageant entry forms by claiming that JonBenét played the violin, spoke French, and wanted to be an Olympic ice-skating champion. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Confidence came with experience, and when the family returned from a trip to Mexico, JonBenét made them all do the sinuous macareña dance. "That's not the way you do it," she scolded, then led it herself. "There. That's the way it's done." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Like lots of kids, although she suffered from colds and coughs, her sinus infections were eventually diagnosed as allergic rhinitis, not unlike a problem that had once plagued her father. In 1995 she tripped in a grocery store, landed on her nose, and the doctor treated her with ice and Popsicles. Six months later she fell again, bonking herself over the left eye. In the twenty-four months before her death, she visited the doctor eighteen times. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Her last year was a rainbow ride. In July she won the title of America's Royale Tiny Miss, and the five-year-old took home $500 in prize money. The next month, the Sunburst National Pageant at the Airport Marriott Hotel in Atlanta was a disappointment because she was only second runner-up in the beauty competition, and by now people expected JonBenét to win everything, all the time. They were usually right. Titles were bagged with frequency, and the professional touches of makeup, perfect hair, and a portfolio of glamour photographs gave the child a sultry look that was part angel, part Lolita. Best-in-show trophies were just over the horizon. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] In two trips to New York, she saw five Broadway shows and ate a $125 lobster dinner in a fancy restaurant. People waiting in line to see the Statue of Liberty asked permission to take her picture. After turning six that August, JonBenét entered private school, and her stage training made oral reports a snap, although her writing skills were minimal. She went to see the school nurse twice in December, both times on a Monday after a weekend. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Before the Christmas break, her mother arranged to have JonBenét perform as a holiday treat for her classmates, and in pageant finery she sang and danced all day while class after class came through to watch. She went home exhausted. Her lesson in school that day was that perfection and celebrity carried a price. On December 17 she picked up still another crown, Colorado's Little Miss Christmas. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Six days later, during a party at her parents' home, a family friend came across a JonBenét who was seldom seen. The child was immaculate in a holiday frock, and her platinum blond hair was done perfectly, but she sat alone on a staircase in the butler's kitchen, crying softly. The friend sat beside her. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] "What's wrong, honey?" [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Little Miss Christmas sobbed, "I don't feel pretty."

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Copyright © 2000 by Steve Thomas and Don Davis [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I don't think I've ever seen anyone address why JB started school so late.My daughter was born a month after JB (same yr) and was already in 1st grade in fall/'96,while JB was yet still in kindergarten at that time.
Unless it's very different for other states,I would have thought Patsy would have wanted her to go ahead and graduate asap so she could focus on the pageants and on becoming Miss America.

Over the years, different school districts have had varying deadlines for the age of a child entering Kindergarten.
Where I live, a child must be 5 years old by Sept. 1. Where my daughter lives, the deadline is Oct. 1. In some places, it is Dec. 1.
Even so, kids with an August birthday (Like JB) are often kept back because they will be just turning 5 when they start as opposed to kids who have been 5 for months.
There is also a possibility that Patsy did NOT want her to start as soon as she could because the advantage to keeping her out of "regular school" was that pageant activities would not interfere with homework and a more fixed school schedule, with its attendance requirements.
I am under the impression that JB was in the First Grade, not Kindergarten, when she was killed. At age 6, this is the expected age for that grade.

true,they certainly might have sought help at any time during that evening.
IMO,those 4 *were called that morning(white's and fernies) because they were NOT involved in the murder in any way,and had no knowledge of what had occurred the previous night.the R's needed for the whole thing to come off as being completely genuine,and that was a good start,a far as having witnesses (to when she was finally 'found') and friends around to help buffer them from LE.

I still can't get over the fact that no one in LE ever questioned JR on his statement that "there were a lot of people in the basement at 3 in the morning". I bet there WERE.

I still can't get over the fact that no one in LE ever questioned JR on his statement that "there were a lot of people in the basement at 3 in the morning". I bet there WERE.
yes and how many other ppl would get away with admitting,in front of other witnesses, (JR's older kids and his daughter's fiance) that they in fact had already been on the scene and found the body before the fact?
11am not 1pm...big 2 hour difference.
this is another conversation that obviously had much more to it than what was revealed.

recall that JR's oldest son stated 2x that the killer deserved 'forgiveness'.while I don't think HE did it,for some reason it appears he things JR did.(I can't see him saying that for Patsy,although I could be wrong).soooo..makes you wonder what exactly DID JR say,and was it that specific conversation that led him to view JR as the killer?

AND the chair blocking the door issue....something's wrong with that one....JR was there before everyone else IMO,maybe even before the 911 call and speaking of the chair blocking that door was a slip IMO

Over the years, different school districts have had varying deadlines for the age of a child entering Kindergarten.
Where I live, a child must be 5 years old by Sept. 1. Where my daughter lives, the deadline is Oct. 1. In some places, it is Dec. 1.
Even so, kids with an August birthday (Like JB) are often kept back because they will be just turning 5 when they start as opposed to kids who have been 5 for months.
There is also a possibility that Patsy did NOT want her to start as soon as she could because the advantage to keeping her out of "regular school" was that pageant activities would not interfere with homework and a more fixed school schedule, with its attendance requirements.
I am under the impression that JB was in the First Grade, not Kindergarten, when she was killed. At age 6, this is the expected age for that grade.
could be,for some reason I had K in mind;all I can find from above is: [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Her education began with early home schooling and then a church preschool program but did not stop at the classroom door.

and:[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] After turning six that August, JonBenét entered private school, and her stage training made oral reports a snap, although her writing skills were minimal.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

AND the chair blocking the door issue....something's wrong with that one....JR was there before everyone else IMO,maybe even before the 911 call and speaking of the chair blocking that door was a slip IMO
yes I believe he was definitely involved in the crime itself;I think he was just doing some pre-planning in advance (for plan b) by saying he was on the scene at 11am...he didn't think they were going to get away with it.
inserting himself into the crime and admitting he had already found the body is just a step away from actually being there,esp. given the rest of the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back