Sheriff Rupf

my2sisters

Reaction score
Many here have speculated about there being more to this story than what has been reported. That perhaps there was the involvement of others, such as the Molino's, the unnamed accomplice and others (?). I've mentioned that Contra Costa County has a history of corruption and LE could be involved in a cover-up. I've been following a local newspapers forum and several have posted comments about this and about Sheriff Rupf. The following is a post from that site:

Tuesday, 10/06/2009 - 4:37 p.m. PDT
"It is with great hesitation that I admit the following: I am currently a deputy sheriff for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office, AND I agree with allegations read in this thread of Sheriff Rupf's malicious conduct. I have witnessed Rupf's behavior which some have called "criminal."

http://forums.contracostatimes.com/topic/your-turn-contra-costa-sheriff-rupfs-stand-up-was-political-posturing#new

There are also other posts worth reading. Remember, Sheriff Rupf apologized after PG's arrest, then shortly after announced his retirement.

(thanks i.b.nora)

If all these allegation are correct I hope his retirement will have no pension or any other perks.
I hope he will have to spend the rest of his days repenting about JC and maybe many more too.
but I hope JC will get his retirment fund and more.

:furious: :furious:

Rupf's pension will be $200,000 a year according to sources at the Contra Costa Times!

I don't know if the allegations are true, but I thought we should have it here to discuss and to have a thread for adding information as we get it.

Video - Contra Costa County Board of Supervisor Meeting Oct. 6, 2009
Time 40.28 Investigation into Garrido case requested.

2sisters: Since you live in Antioch, hence Contra Costa County, I can understand your wanting to know more about your elected Sheriff. I don't live there, although I am in the general area, and I have to admit that my life is not really directly affected by him or the Department.

I have been carefully reading those posts at The Contra Costa Times forum, and I it seems to me that the poster RuffNtuff is actually the same guy that appears on that video at yesterday's Board of Supervisors meeting. He is the same guy I pointed out on that other thread last night. He has his own agenda, and honestly I just can't get behind his cause. Frankly, I think he is lying. But, that's just me.
He was awarded a large 5 figure settlement (or, if he is to be believed, he was forced to settle). A large 5 figure settlement could be as much as $99,999.00. So, was he filing suit for more than that? I really can't figure out why exactly he is soooooo disgruntled. And, his real beef is with some Lieutenant, now Captain.

The other shocking things that I think the same RuffNtuff refers people to is another forum where the people are all talking about how bad all the area Sheriffs are because they do not support what they call CCW, which I believe is about permits to 'Carry Concealed Weapons'. Just what you need in Antioch, right?

I will keep looking, but I can't find anything that would make me think that Rupf has been detrimental to Contra Costa County. And, as far as the pension goes, well it goes with the job. I think its a little high myself, but it is up to the voters to get active about all that stuff.

The fact that a deputy screwed up that visit really wasn't good. But, I don't think its something that anyone should get fired over. Maybe the deputy should get some kind of penalty, but unless, he has a history of bad performance or continues to make poor decisions, then I just don't think he should be fired. Those are my current thoughts.

2sisters: Since you live in Antioch, hence Contra Costa County, I can understand your wanting to know more about your elected Sheriff. I don't live there, although I am in the general area, and I have to admit that my life is not really directly affected by him or the Department.

I have been carefully reading those posts at The Contra Costa Times forum, and I it seems to me that the poster RuffNtuff is actually the same guy that appears on that video at yesterday's Board of Supervisors meeting. He is the same guy I pointed out on that other thread last night. He has his own agenda, and honestly I just can't get behind his cause. Frankly, I think he is lying. But, that's just me.
He was awarded a large 5 figure settlement (or, if he is to be believed, he was forced to settle). A large 5 figure settlement could be as much as $99,999.00. So, was he filing suit for more than that? I really can't figure out why exactly he is soooooo disgruntled. And, his real beef is with some Lieutenant, now Captain.

The other shocking things that I think the same RuffNtuff refers people to is another forum where the people are all talking about how bad all the area Sheriffs are because they do not support what they call CCW, which I believe is about permits to 'Carry Concealed Weapons'. Just what you need in Antioch, right?

I will keep looking, but I can't find anything that would make me think that Rupf has been detrimental to Contra Costa County. And, as far as the pension goes, well it goes with the job. I think its a little high myself, but it is up to the voters to get active about all that stuff.

The fact that a deputy screwed up that visit really wasn't good. But, I don't think its something that anyone should get fired over. Maybe the deputy should get some kind of penalty, but unless, he has a history of bad performance or continues to make poor decisions, then I just don't think he should be fired. Those are my current thoughts.

as much as the patrol officer screwed up by not even checking the yard he didnt have the info that garrido was a RSO either. so there's plenty of blame to go around here.

as much as the patrol officer screwed up by not even checking the yard he didnt have the info that garrido was a RSO either. so there's plenty of blame to go around here.

Who exactly was supposed to give him the info that Garrido was a sex offender? It's not like someone is going to follow him around giving him the information on all the people he is asked to check on.
He's not done the background check, obviously. The campus cops did the background check on Garrido when he showed up there to distribute literature. Why didn't this officer just do the same thing?

Who exactly was supposed to give him the info that Garrido was a sex offender? It's not like someone is going to follow him around giving him the information on all the people he is asked to check on.
He's not done the background check, obviously. The campus cops did the background check on Garrido when he showed up there to distribute literature. Why didn't this officer just do the same thing?

i thought he did a background check but it wasnt in the records.
thats what i was trying to say.
maybe that's just the excuse he gave

I don't think he ever did a background check.
I fail to see how it would not be in the records. Garrido registered as a sex offender in CA since 1999.

Whomever it was that was "supposed" to give that info to the officer obviously didn't. Point is, in this day and age with the technology that is out there, he could have simply got it himself. If the Berkeley campus cops can do it, why can't the CC Sheriff's dept???? There is NO excuse for NOT knowing that this guy was a registered sex offender........NONE! Holy cow, you'd think it would be their homework if nothing else!!!!

Whomever it was that was "supposed" to give that info to the officer obviously didn't. Point is, in this day and age with the technology that is out there, he could have simply got it himself. If the Berkeley campus cops can do it, why can't the CC Sheriff's dept???? There is NO excuse for NOT knowing that this guy was a registered sex offender........NONE! Holy cow, you'd think it would be their homework if nothing else!!!!

I don't think anybody is supposed to be giving info to the officer. I would think the officer himself should be doing background checks, just like Berkley campus cops did. Even Garrido's neighbor found out Garrido was a sex offender by looking in the database.

lazy incompetent stupid or all of the above?

I don't think anybody is supposed to be giving info to the officer. I would think the officer himself should be doing background checks, just like Berkley campus cops did. Even Garrido's neighbor found out Garrido was a sex offender by looking in the database.

I remember reading, and I have no idea where or when, that the SO computers were down and that he should have checked later when they were back up, but didn't.

BBM
Who was supposed to give him the info?
It is not as if only one time complaint on PG: Seems to me several times different neighbors placed a complaint. I know that if someone gets a ticket for their driving, a cop can check them in a minute, and find out if they have more tickets, warrants, prison records it takes but one minute. We are in the computer age. they no longer have to go look chit up on index cards filed somewhere.

When I work on something I gather my own info...As the LE & PO should have

I remember reading, and I have no idea where or when, that the SO computers were down and that he should have checked later when they were back up, but didn't.

To me it seems that is just a BS excuse.
18 years...........

This is not an isolated instance. There are plenty of departments and agencies that can rightfully share blame in this case. Sheriffs departments, police officers, parole officers, parole boards. The issues of offenders and re-offenders in our jail system need to be taken at more than a glance. The penal system was set up to keep innocent people from harm and as a way to separate criminals from innocents. Is the system working? Doesn't seem to be. How many criminals re-offend? Too many.

So, if the system is flawed, how can it be fixed? In many instances law enforcement has to crawl through fire to get someone arrested and as was seen with pg many are released into society serving terms far less than their sentences.

Yes there are corrupt cops, but there are also many great ones! Reform is needed on all levels, starting with the truth in sentencing act. Wisconsin passed such an act, relating to felony convictions. More information here:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/wb/02wb7.pdf

Also, should some crimes automatically be ineligable for parole? Should some criminals be sanctioned to life behind bars without provisions for three strikes?

Believe me I have more questions than ideas, but remember the next time a killer is caught or a drunk driver is arrested, a house is robbed or a child molester is locked up, that a police officer is usually the one behind it! As for corrupt officers or officials, I hope they get convicted and placed in the general inmate population!!

This is not an isolated instance. There are plenty of departments and agencies that can rightfully share blame in this case. Sheriffs departments, police officers, parole officers, parole boards. The issues of offenders and re-offenders in our jail system need to be taken at more than a glance. The penal system was set up to keep innocent people from harm and as a way to separate criminals from innocents. Is the system working? Doesn't seem to be. How many criminals re-offend? Too many.

So, if the system is flawed, how can it be fixed? In many instances law enforcement has to crawl through fire to get someone arrested and as was seen with pg many are released into society serving terms far less than their sentences.

Yes there are corrupt cops, but there are also many great ones! Reform is needed on all levels, starting with the truth in sentencing act. Wisconsin passed such an act, relating to felony convictions. More information here:

Also, should some crimes automatically be ineligable for parole? Should some criminals be sanctioned to life behind bars without provisions for three strikes?

Believe me I have more questions than ideas, but remember the next time a killer is caught or a drunk driver is arrested, a house is robbed or a child molester is locked up, that a police officer is usually the one behind it! As for corrupt officers or officials, I hope they get convicted and placed in the general inmate population!!

too many times when the cops are either corrupt or stupid there bosses and others in LE cover for them rather then expose them. look at the judge at the bail hearing praising the PO rather then the berkley officers. much like the issue of other JW covering for pedophiles, cops cover for each other.

Rupf's pension will be $200,000 a year according to sources at the Contra Costa Times!

my2sisters - Thanks for your comment the other day, about the program you watched that detailed the terrible cover-ups related to 19 years of crime at the Pig Farm in my City.
Reading your posts here made me realize we have had the same problems you are now experiencing. I know how horrible it feels.

Back to your City the main topic reviewing LE.
I can't understand why the Fire department/neighbours didn't report Garridos Meth Lab in his back yard.
Shouldn't that have got his *advertiser censored* sent back to prison?
Maybe they did file a complaint that didn't get investigated thoroughly?
I guess the Sheriff has reviewed all complaints?
If he was fired would he still get a pension?

The LE's & parole officers job is to be suspicious, they should have to bring drug sniffing dogs to the random visits & check home & back yards, cars.
I bet his electric bill was larger than it should be.
In recent years the hydro companies have been reporting homes with unusual large consumption & have helped LE shut down a bunch of drug growing opps.

Just an idea. You can check with your local media/journalists & ask if they will be writing atricles about the Parole board & LE to follow-up on what changes they make dealing with the Pedophiles & parolees in the area.
Strength in Numbers. Good Luck..

I think that if we get rid of the bad cops it will give the rest a message.
It is so obvious to me that after several PO's and police reports, These people were more then just
bad at their job. They do not give a darn, they should be fired. Like anyone else who does a bad job.
It would help the system immensely, if people can see that you don't just get away with BS.
I know that much is flawed in this country, and just saying oh well it is flawed, I say, fire the SOB;s
and get on with it, so that the rest will shape up.
YES you can shape up a team by giving out the message that nothing less then good work will be paid for.
And do, please do take away their pensions for allowing this to go on 18 years.
200K (pension) from each one of those losers will pay for therapy for many years, and it will take many years.

too many times when the cops are either corrupt or stupid there bosses and others in LE cover for them rather then expose them. look at the judge at the bail hearing praising the PO rather then the berkley officers. much like the issue of other JW covering for pedophiles, cops cover for each other.

They too should be fired.
Lots of good people out of work that really want to do work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back