Rug from Porch

kpalma715

Reaction score
Please remove if discussed all ready. I thought it was very interesting to know that the rug lit up under the light source! Does this mean blood or body fluid was picked up under the light?

Me, too! I can't recall any threads on the rug.....wonder why no one posted one? Is it because today is the first time we've heard this evidence???:waitasec:

If Casey placed Caylee's dead body on it before (eventually) putting her in the trunk it would add another nail in her coffin, IMO, that she murdered Caylee in the bedroom the night of the fight.

Me, too! I can't recall any threads on the rug.....wonder why no one posted one? Is it because today is the first time we've heard this evidence???:waitasec:

If Casey placed Caylee's dead body on it before (eventually) putting her in the trunk it would add another nail in her coffin, IMO, that she murdered Caylee in the bedroom the night of the fight.
I've read a lot about this case and this is the first time I've read anything about a rug...Can someone post a link to the documents release that discuss this??? What exactly was the rug tested for? Blood? Or other bodily fluids???

PP: I'll go back into todays news thread and try to find it for ya. Please be patient as I'm sloth-like-slow :eek:)

I'll do better than a link seeing as it's Thanksgiving weekend and all...:blushing:

As listed on OCSO Property Form H-60498:

Item 4 - (1) rug from porch - Q209 (Analyst Note: The rug was seized during a search warrant of the home as it lit up under an alternate light source. It is submitted for processing as it is unknown where the location of CAYLEE's death occurred.)

Might have lit up because of nothing....A family member or dog cut their foot and stepped on mat, etc., but it also might be something. Fingers still crossed.

IIRC, the rug was used as a door mat on the back porch or in the garage - it wasn't found inside the home. And, it was noted at the time that a stain was visible on the rug. I'll try to find more info as well.

At any rate the cadaver dogs never picked up on it, right, so it's likely unimportant?????:waitasec:

Found a little more info on older posts about the rug - it was seafoam/cream in color and was taken by LE from the sunroom. (Page 3539 from the doc dump in February.) I don't recall that the dogs were used in the sunroom or inside the house. Will keep looking.

I recall LP stating on Nancy Grace show about a scatter rug and that Caylee may have been wrapped in it, but that was way back. It was never brought up again to my knowledge.

When I read this in the document dump, I was like woah!!! Especially if it was in the back porch, near the yard. The dogs were hitting all over in the yard. I am thinking she killed her in the house and something dripped on the rug. :(

When I read this in the document dump, I was like woah!!! Especially if it was in the back porch, near the yard. The dogs were hitting all over in the yard. I am thinking she killed her in the house and something dripped on the rug. :(

or she carried her through the house from the garage.

i believe any biological material lights up under an alternative light source.

I can remember a crime t.v show that had something similar to this, and it ended up being from a dog :( I do believe dog urine lights up under the special light as well.

Having a yorkshire and two shih tzu's they sometimes pee on the back door mat, if i don't get to the door when they summon me :) I hope thats not the case with this rug!

I don't put much faith in those lights, nor illuminol.. seems they pick up almost anything.. dog or cat pee, some cleaning products, and any 'biological' material at all.. sweat for example.
That said, it still does need to be investigated, it could also have been material from a body.

Don't the A's also have a cat? Males do love to spritz their spots...

I am probably incorrect about this but I thought only blood showed up with luminol & alternative light sources?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back