Old Rumours

K777angel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I thought it would be interesting to reflect back on some of the more intruiging rumours that went around over the past few years regarding the Ramsey case. I am re-reading Lawrence Schiller's book (paperback version)
again and I see so many more things in it than I did several years ago when I read it. It made me think back on alot of things.

Some old rumours that come to mind are:

*The children were outside playing at the White's on Christmas day and
Burke or maybe JonBenet was shocked by the electric fence.

*Patsy was having an affair with a business man.

*John and Patsy were considering divorce at the time of the murder.

*It was juvenilles who killed JonBenet and an elaborate coverup continues.

*A girlfriend of one of the lawyers in the Ramsey's attorney's office
called Access Graphics and told the secretary that Patsy was overheard
confessing to her lawyers that she had caught John molesting JonBenet
that night and had gone to strike him but struck JonBenet instead.

*Social Services had been contacted regarding Burke Ramsey before the
murder.

*Bynum was called for advice before the police were called.

*Feces were found in JonBenet's mouth.

Those are just a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
I know there are many more - some I have probably never heard or read
and are probably more interesting!
Which ones were dispelled and which continue to this day??

~Angel~

One of my favorites is someone claimed to have been on an Airplane and had seen a woman wearing an obvious wig and I think dark glasses, practicing her handwriting in one of those school workbooks.This woman on closer inspection ,according to this account,turned out to be Patsy Ramsey.

My second fave. is that JBR was killed by an intruder! Crazy huh? ;)

messiecake said:

LOL excellent!

Great thread, although some things mentioned may still turn out to be true, like Patsy and an affair, the consideration of divorce....

There is nobody, not on the forums, not in their own (Ramseys) personal lives, or anywhere else that can say for certain whether or not their marriage was good or not.

There are lots of marriages that look wonderful on the outside, but dare to look within, especially with the concern for image that the Ramseys had, and it's amazing what people DO NOT know. Just look at the Laci Peterson case.

One of my favorite rumors: The polygraph wasn't bogus!

There used to be a poster named "Lake" I believe, on a forum way back when
that insisted that a group of juvenilles killed JonBenet. I do not recall now if Lake included Burke or not in it. Anyone recall this?
He always seemed to have a lot of info.

Another rumour I recall is that they found remnants of the duct tape which had been attempted to be flushed down the toilet.

Also, we have heard that in the police report the officers on the scene that morning noted that the Ramseys seemed to be 'grieving over a death' more than worrying over a kidnapping. I watched a tape the other day of the interview Matt Laurer did with Lawrence Schiller just after he wrote his book and Matt asked Schiller about this. Schiller's comment was, "There IS some validity to that." ~ What does he mean by that? Just what occurred that
tended to "validate" the officers' observations? I wonder if it wasn't slips of the tongue like referring to JonBenet in the past tense.... (especially Patsy).
Any past rumours of what happened in the house that morning?

Barbara said:
There are lots of marriages that look wonderful on the outside, but dare to look within, especially with the concern for image that the Ramseys had, and it's amazing what people DO NOT know.
How true. But of course The Help notices things:

From former housekeeper Linda Wilcox:

Okay, first and foremost, the major...Patsy's major job was to make sure nobody annoyed John.

The relationship was amiable and polite for the most part. It was a business relationship. They didn't..they weren't affectionate, they didn't act like a married couple, if I had seen them anywhere else, I would have assumed they were business associates. That's pretty much how it was. She was like his secretary, not his wife.

It was not an affectionate relationship. Another thing that struck me as odd. When Patsy was at her worst, she was really ill, she was in the hospital, she had undergone surgery, there were a few time she... came very close to death. Nedra was out in the waiting area with the rosary while she was in surgery, or nedra was at her side. John Ramsey was not.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/07211998lindawilcoxon-pb.htm

*Bynum was called for advice before the police were called.

I can't discount this possibility. Even the BPD officers used the Ramsey's cellphones, yet there were no logged airtime calls through the carrier for the entire month of December. Where did that info go?

Another rumor put out by the Ramsey's family doctor was that he put JonBenet's medical records in a SAFE DEPOSIT BOX and that someone STOLE them from there... total hogwash. Not even the court can order a SDB opened unless the boxholder dies without a will or POA in place.

Wasn't there an old rumour that John Ramsey had a mistress at the time of JonBenet's murder?

Also, I'd like to know the REAL reason the Ramseys picked up from Atlanta this year and moved to Michigan. Atlanta - a place they insisted was their
"home." A place where Burke was well into high school at 17 yrs old - and age which is very difficult for teenagers to just leave. They have now had Burke in school in 3 different states! WHY???
I think the good people of Michigan deserve an answer to that question.
I hope they are asking it.

K777angel said:
Wasn't there an old rumour that John Ramsey had a mistress at the time of JonBenet's murder?

Ahhh yes, the infamous Kim Ballard...one who now (supposedly) recants her story (I say supposedly b/c she has only done this at WBB and the poster's authenticity cannot be independantly verified outside of the owner's claims. :rolleyes: ).

She stated she met John through an add that was placed.

Seeker said:
Ahhh yes, the infamous Kim Ballard...
Ah yes, John Ramsey and Kim Ballard. Seems ol' Johnny boy had a thing for the childlike type:

From Rivera Live, May 14, 1997:

Ms. BALLARD: I met him in August of 1994 and I saw him until approximately April of '95.

RIVERA: Did he, at any point, seem to you to be in any way out of the ordinary?

Ms. BALLARD: I didn't really--well, I saw a little bit at the time that--that the--he was a little unusual, but not that much. I think...

RIVERA: In--in what way unusual?

Ms. BALLARD: Well, he's a grown, professional wealthy man and he wanted me--he--he had cer--answered a personals ad that I had placed in USA Today. And he wanted to know just what I looked like, what--how tall I was, how much I weighed, what color my hair was, what color my eyes were; all this before he ever met me. And he was very specific about how I was to dress, how my hair was to be worn, how my nails were to be done, everything.

RIVERA: All right. Gen--generally, briefly as you can, tell us what did he want you to be.

Ms. BALLARD: Oh, well, I'm slightly over five feet tall. I weighed about 90--maybe 90--between 90, 95 pounds at the time. That's what I've weighed all my life until the past couple of years. I've gained weight because of the side effect of medication I'm on. That's...

RIVERA: Wait. You're--so you're five feet tall, 90--90-odd pounds at the time?

Ms. BALLARD: Yes.

RIVERA: So...

Ms. BALLARD: That's what I've been since I was 14 up until two years ago.

RIVERA: So almost childlike size.

Ms. BALLARD: Yes. That's the way I've always been, wear a size one or three.

RIVERA: Mm-hmm.

Ms. BALLARD: So that--he liked that.
And he told me, you know, how he--what he wanted me to--to get, to buy, clothes, and he paid for all the clothes and we met at a restaurant. I drove my own car there and we met. And he stayed in town that first night and then the next time I met him in Denver and then I met him again in Tucson and another time was set up for Tucson, but I did not meet with him and I have not seen him since.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05141997ballardongeraldo.htm

On the old Joshua 7 forum there was one particular rumor I remember. A poster wrote her husband was working the late shift at Kinko's. This woman runs into the store saying she needed to fax something to the BPD quickly. The poster's husband asked what was wrong and the woman replied "Patsy Ramsey is the high priestess of a local witch coven". :D

IMO former Ramsey/Access Graphics employee Jane Stobie's take on the Ramseys and the Paughs, and especially John Ramsey, and her reports of encounters with them, are fascinating:

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02112000mameinterviewjanestobie.htm

Excerpts:

I thought there is just something strange about that family and Patsy mother and sister worked for me in my tenure and the end of AG because of my background in being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse I recognized there was some dysfunctional behavior going on that was familiar and disturbing. It started out that I worked for him and was disturbed be the family. I remember going into his office and he was one of the persons that was very hard to read. I remember leaving his office I would feel physically ill...

It was just a feeling about the energy of that person and I talked to other women about him and some who had backgrounds of abuse got the same reaction...

I wouldn't have known it at that time, but my instincts told me there was something not right there. and at the time JonBent was two or three years old...

...I can say I always felt uncomfortable and there is something it's just ....about him that gave me the creeps.

I was sent to Atlanta to close the facilities so Nedra and Polly worked for me. That's when I really saw the red flags. That's when my own background with child abuse, that's when I really saw the red flags.

...I really think allot of people don't want to hear the truth about this case. That this child was being abused by a wealthy family.

Britt said:
IMO former Ramsey/Access Graphics employee Jane Stobie's take on the Ramseys and the Paughs, and especially John Ramsey, and her reports of encounters with them, are fascinating:

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02112000mameinterviewjanestobie.htm

Excerpts:

I thought there is just something strange about that family and Patsy mother and sister worked for me in my tenure and the end of AG because of my background in being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse I recognized there was some dysfunctional behavior going on that was familiar and disturbing. It started out that I worked for him and was disturbed be the family. I remember going into his office and he was one of the persons that was very hard to read. I remember leaving his office I would feel physically ill...

It was just a feeling about the energy of that person and I talked to other women about him and some who had backgrounds of abuse got the same reaction...

I wouldn't have known it at that time, but my instincts told me there was something not right there. and at the time JonBent was two or three years old...

...I can say I always felt uncomfortable and there is something it's just ....about him that gave me the creeps.

I was sent to Atlanta to close the facilities so Nedra and Polly worked for me. That's when I really saw the red flags. That's when my own background with child abuse, that's when I really saw the red flags.

...I really think allot of people don't want to hear the truth about this case. That this child was being abused by a wealthy family.

Granpa Paugh has always interested me .A big "red flag" is how we've never really seen him whereas Nedra was out and about..........where was Gramps??

The theory that I have always found most plausible is JBR was killed on accident by Patsy(I agree w/ Ned about the bathroom being the likely murder scene) and the staging was to cover the past abuse ,likely by Mr.Paugh(which Patsy was 100%,imo,aware of though I doubt John was) as John got lawyers for "his side" but not Patsy's and Patsy being an incest victim herself ,I think, led to her known parental behavior(oh the things we DONT know!!) w/JBR and her attitude towards feminity/sex etc AND Burke being raised in a such a dysfunctional enviroment has affected the learned behavior of "keeping scerets" hence he lied so easily to LE.
I also can easily belive that John was having an affair(s) as his "big shot in his own mind"/workaholic/delusional attitude reminds me so much of my birth father(I wont go there!) its scary!!

messiecake said:

Far from being a rumor, its in the realm of possibility. Attributing a theory to being a rumor is kinda like believing that some rumors might be true.

Jane Stobie and I share the same feeling about John Ramsey....seeing him on tv after 5 minutes I too get a little nauseous.

Perhaps it's his over bearing ego? For example his continuious hype on tv... how wonderful he and his wife are in raising funds to fight child abuse.

When watching John on tv or reading DOI my feelings on John are:

He is hiding something.

He is not genuine in his desire to 'help' children.

He uses people and discards them.

He promotes himself through bogus charities.

He thinks he is above following the rules the rest of us go by.

He will use his daughter's murder to promote himself, but has already spent the $100,000 reward, which is why none of the phone numbers or website are still active.

If elected he will screw his district out of tax dollars, not know what the h*ll to do in office other than give a party and sue anyone who dares to disagree with him.

Show Me said:
He... has already spent the $100,000 reward...
Well after all, he IS the one with information that would lead to the arrest and conviction of the killer (anywhere but Boulder) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back