Mother and daughter sue restaurant over spicy dish

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Staff of a Chicago restaurant called police because two customers wouldn't pay for a meal they said was too hot.

Carlice Nash-Taylor and her daughter, Danyale, said they couldn't eat the jambalaya dish they were served at the 115 Bourbon Street restaurant in Merrionette Park.

They told staff the dish was too spicy, and when the restaurant refused to take the meal back the pair said they wouldn't pay.

They eventually offered to pay for some of their meal, but that offer was rejected.

They're now suing the restaurant, claiming they were falsely arrested, wrongfully detained and had their civil rights violated.

Their lawyer said the restaurant overstepped its bounds by using the police as a "personal private, collection agency."

Ananova

:loser: LOL.. silly law suits clog up the courts.

I have to say though, I have never eaten at a restaurant that would not replace your meal with something else if it was not to your liking.

I am wondering if they ate almost all of it before complaining... or ate all the shrimp and good stuff then complained about the rice.

:loser:

GaGirl said:
OMG! What is the world comming to???? This is ridiculous in my humble opinion.

What! Don't you think that every American is entitled to a perfect life, and if they don't have it, can sue? Where's your belief in the American way?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back