October 29 preliminary hearing

Natal

Former Member
Reaction score
Since this is coming up in a few weeks, what are people's thoughts about what will be presented at this hearing?

Since this is coming up in a few weeks, what are people's thoughts about what will be presented at this hearing?

the prosecution has to present evidence that supports its charges. highly doubtful jaycee is going to tesify here. but her police statements could be read into the record (probably will not, due to defense objections) or detectives will relay what happpened the day she was discovered. possibly they will need carl to testify as to the kidnapping (and any other witnesses that day, who were children and now are adults).
it would just be much easier if the prosecution got grand jury indictments, and not have to rely so much on witnesses at this point.
then again the defense just issued a discovery motion 2 days ago, maybe they are gonna ask for a delay in the pre lim hearing

LOL I usually find prelims pretty boring. There usually isn't anything new presented except for the plea, and usually at this stage they will plead not guilty.

Can P&NG enter a farce of a plea like not guilty by reason of insanity at this hearing? Just wondering how soon we'll know IF they plan on pulling the insanity card. Can they even enter an insanity plea for kidnapping, rape and child molestation charges? I really hope not.

Can P&NG enter a farce of a plea like not guilty by reason of insanity at this hearing? Just wondering how soon we'll know IF they plan on pulling the insanity card. Can they even enter an insanity plea for kidnapping, rape and child molestation charges? I really hope not.

they both had psych evals i believe. the defenes might try to claim neither is competent to stand trial.
judge will probably deny that.
they could probably still be allowed to use the insanity plea anyways

Insanity is actually pretty hard to get in a court case. Can't remember the criteria, but they don't seem to fit it as to what I can remember. Insanity isn't what one would think, because they certainly seem insane to me,, but it's a legal term.

Glad someone started this thread- we're gonna need it in a week and 1/2.

Glad someone started this thread- we're gonna need it in a week and 1/2.

well inasnity defene will at least leave no doubt that the defense isnt gonna claim he didnt kidnap her and she just showed up at his house one day....... :waitasec:

well inasnity defene will at least leave no doubt that the defense isnt gonna claim he didnt kidnap her and she just showed up at his house one day....... :waitasec:

Just thought I'd clarify this, I believe that legally, technically, Phillip did not kidnap Jaycee. The witness, Carl, will say that he saw Nancy kidnap Jaycee. I assume he was driving, if she did the grabbing, so he is certainly an accomplice. Legally, I think that's how that will go down. Phillip of course will be brought into the picture as either the brains behind the operation, or something like that. OR, NANCY WILL SAY SHE WAS FORCED OR COERCED SOMEHOW TO DO IT. Now, that's just my opinion, but that's kinda how I see it coming down. Absolutely no expert here. Who knows the law? Be interested in theories.

Just thought I'd clarify this, I believe that legally, technically, Phillip did not kidnap Jaycee. The witness, Carl, will say that he saw Nancy kidnap Jaycee. I assume he was driving, if she did the grabbing, so he is certainly an accomplice. Legally, I think that's how that will go down. Phillip of course will be brought into the picture as either the brains behind the operation, or something like that. OR, NANCY WILL SAY SHE WAS FORCED OR COERCED SOMEHOW TO DO IT. Now, that's just my opinion, but that's kinda how I see it coming down. Absolutely no expert here. Who knows the law? Be interested in theories.

I don't know about this, Billy. I know that witnesses saw that NG did the actual "grabbing" but PG was driving the car and drove away with a person that he knew was grabbed against her will, which makes him a little more than just an accomplice. It makes him an active participant in the kidnapping. If NG had acted alone and then took JC to PG, that might be different and make him only an accomplice. I find it hard to believe (even after this debacle) that LE would let someone that participated so actively in an abduction fall under the protection of the accomplice defense.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20091029/NEWS01/910290346/1321/NEWS

It's only a PRE-preliminary hearing? More money out of the taxpayers pockets to ensure that these animals' rights are protected, RI-EFFIN-DICULOUS! Maybe I'm overreacting, but...a pre-preliminary hearing? Really? Throw these two and the rest like them on a garbage island in the Pacific and let em rot like the rest of the trash. EFF their rights! They didn't care about JC's rights or the rights of her family and girls. I believe that when you so obviously strip someone of their rights in the way that P&NG did, you should be stripped of yours. It's not like we don't know if they're guilty, it's obvious they are. How filth like them get to even have rights, let alone exercise those rights, is beyond me.

I don't know about this, Billy. I know that witnesses saw that NG did the actual "grabbing" but PG was driving the car and drove away with a person that he knew was grabbed against her will, which makes him a little more than just an accomplice. It makes him an active participant in the kidnapping. If NG had acted alone and then took JC to PG, that might be different and make him only an accomplice. I find it hard to believe (even after this debacle) that LE would let someone that participated so actively in an abduction fall under the protection of the accomplice defense.

that's what I meant when I said "he was the brains behind it", like I said I don't know the legal terms for this stuff :)

I can't believe that her bio father showed up, with Gloria Allred! What a loser. Trying to turn the focus to him.

I was at the hearing today and ended up sitting next to Bio-Dad and Gloria "Satan's Spawn" Allred. Afterwards, I offered a dollar to anyone in the media horde who would trip Gloria as she left the courthouse. :innocent:

I suspect that Allred was happy once Phillip and Nancy entered the court - she was then only the third-most evil person in the room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back