Car thief turns out to be a bear-must see pics

spamelope

Reaction score
The car alarm was blaring, and there was a light moving around inside.

A couple in the Colorado Mountain Estates subdivision near Florissant thought someone was trying to steal their car early Wednesday.

When deputies from the Teller County Sheriff's Office responded at about 2:30 a.m., they discovered a young bear in the car.

The bear was as surprised to see the deputies as the deputies were to see the bear, said Mikel Baker, spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13570692?source=pop_section_news

Seems I'm always posting about these wayward Colorado bears, lol. I love the pics, especially the first one.

LOL Thats hilarious!!! Love the "deer in the headlights look"

LOL Thats hilarious!!! Love the "deer in the headlights look"

Looking like a "bear in the headlights" is gonna be my new saying. I think it's amazing that the bear was able to open the car door. They are so smart! I just hate when, because of their loss of fear of humans, so many of them have to be put down.

The car alarm was blaring, and there was a light moving around inside.

A couple in the Colorado Mountain Estates subdivision near Florissant thought someone was trying to steal their car early Wednesday.

When deputies from the Teller County Sheriff's Office responded at about 2:30 a.m., they discovered a young bear in the car.

The bear was as surprised to see the deputies as the deputies were to see the bear, said Mikel Baker, spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13570692?source=pop_section_news

Seems I'm always posting about these wayward Colorado bears, lol. I love the pics, especially the first one.

BBM

Spamelope -- post all the bear pics ya want....just no snake pics, ok? :crazy:

ETA: pretty please? LOL

LOL Texas, no problem. Unless one manages to open a car door and get the dome light wrapped around it's head.............. ;)

20091015__thirdbear~p1.jpg

20091015__secondbear~p1_200.jpg

20091015__firstbear~p1_200.jpg

He would''ve stolen the car but he can bearly drive. :crazy:

BBM

Spamelope -- post all the bear pics ya want....just no snake pics, ok? :crazy:

ETA: pretty please? LOL

A friend of mine can't even look at a snake pic without hyperventilating. Is this one ok?

:snake:

Thanks for posting the pictures, Steely Dan. I love "da bears". Snakes, not so much!

wow, amazing pics!
look at the heat emanating from that furry beast.

awww, poor bear is so hungry ... you'd think there'd be easier pickins somewhere outside (garbage etc.) whatever leftovers were in that car, they must've smelled mighty good

He sure did steam up those windows awfully well...

His girlfriend is hiding in the backseat. :blushing:

Great picture.

Wouldn't bears getting into things be a common? I know Yogi gets into cars all the time at Yosemite -they know what a cooler looks like.

Speaking of bears, just yesterday there was a story about an ice skating bear killing two circus folk.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article6886941.ece#

Bear's ice skates too small?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90710"]Ice Skating Russian Bear Attacks Trainer., Big Surprise - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

LMAO @ the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like snakes either... J made me shoot some pics of a group of snakes in the water, while out at the wildlife center a few years ago. When I got home and tried to process the pics I took, the images I had shot of the snakes freaked me out to the point that I had to delete them! I get goosebumps and jumpy just even thinking about the darn pics. :(

What if they hadn't heard anything and the guy went out to the car in the morning and got in!! :eek:

Even worse, what if the bear was asleep on the back seat and he didn't see him til he was on the highway!! :eek: :eek: It would be like Thorndike finding out his passenger is a bear in "The Love Bug". :crazy:

Hi There!
This is Janice!
Im new in this site!
I hope I can have more friends here!
Looking like a "bear in the headlights" is gonna be my new saying. I think it's amazing that the bear was able to open the car door. They are so smart! I just hate when, because of their loss of fear of humans, so many of them have to be put down.
Keep up the good work!
Just keep on posting Guys!
Good Luck!...
Thanks!...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members