Son Digs Up Fathers Remains To Bring Home

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
http://www.wptz.com/news/20262990/detail.html

Not sure what to think of this, apparently he'd been talking about bringing his fathers cremated remains home for some time and finally went to the cemetery and dug them up, bringing the remains plus his fathers tombstone to his home.
I feel sorry for his mother, this has to be so upsetting, but now her son is facing some serious charges.

VB

I don't understand why it's a crime to remove cremated remains?

Sounds like the guy was having some kind of emotional difficulty, should get some therapy....but no fine or jail time. IMO

How sad. I thought the son was going to be 15/16 years old. He is 43. He must have been very close to his dad. I also have to wonder if he is having trouble in other areas of his life? I hope he gets help. I think he needs grief counseling. It sounds like he tried to ask for help, but maybe he just didn't know how to really get the attention of other family members.

I feel bad for him. I hope he gets some help and does not go to jail.

Salem

Totally bizarre. I think the son needs some counseling, serious counseling. It's really sad, too.

Reminds me of the old myth that actor Errol Flynn's buddies stole his body and propped it up in a hotel lounge for drinks.

Of course....that didn't really happen (they did bury him with six bottles of whiskey though). Cause it's creepy. Strange that this would happen and be reported just before Halloween too...:waitasec:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errol_Flynn]Errol Flynn on Wikipedia[/ame] (for those who aren't classic film nuts like me :D)

Sounds like the man needs some intensive and long term psychological counseling/grief counseling, not jail time. Mind you, what he did was wrong, but not on the sick Carl Von Cosel level.

(google Carl Von Cosel... now THAT is a criminal and very sick case)

This is freaky. I guess it would be considered a crime, even if his father was cremated. This is awful. This poor guy needs help, not jail time. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter
Back