Nursing assistant denied care after workplace attack

believe09

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091021/ap_on_re_us/us_vegetative_nurse

This nursing assistant was repeatedly attacked at the hospital where she worked. She was bitten, struck in the head and neck, and developed high blood pressure post the attacks. She was given an appointment at the hospitals workers comp clinic but was turned away for reasons that are not documented. She had a hemorragic stroke that evening after stating to her husband she was afraid her employer would be mad at her for reporting the attacks.

Her disabled husband is caring for her at home, feeding her bathing her and changing her tubes, because the hospital/Blue Cross Blue Shield HAS DENIED HER CLAIM FOR CARE. Nope, not their fault and not their problem.

Lets review-this woman did not have high blood pressure until AFTER she was attacked. Hemorragic stroke is bleeding in the brain-vessels burst, a hemotoma is formed and the brain swells.

Yup, no relationship to being struck on the head and neck.

Locals, I would be PICKETING this hospital...jmo.

Another example of red-tape strangling common sense into stupidity. My prayers for this woman and her family. Her employer should be ashamed.

She is not expected to recover-EVER. Leaving her husband and son behind to be decision makers.

Hemorragic Stroke is directly tied to head injuries-head injuries weaken/damage vessels in the brain. The increased blood pressure caused them to pop.

I hope her husband has a very good lawyer and they're able to get the care she needs! The fact that she was afraid of being fired because she reported being attacked says alot!

VB

Speaking from personal experience, once Worker's Compensation gets into it it's a nightmare. Regular insurance doesn't want to pay because it's work related; worker's comp just doesn't want to pay.

I hope this man has a good lawyer too, but more than that I wish this woman had received the care that she desperately needed before she got into this condition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back