FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Thought we could use a new thread after the news of the body.

:rose: Praying for Somers family

My own quote brought from the other thread:

I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

Poor baby....hoping it's not her, especially after seeing the mother on TV this morning, but horrible no matter who it is. No one deserves to be left in a landfill like a piece of trash.

If anyone hasn't heard and is just joining us..

They found the body of a white child in a Georgia landfill. It's the same landfill where Somers neighborhood trash is taken to.

CSI units are on their way to the landfill.

The body is undergoing an autopsy at the Georgia medical examiners office.

Sheriff said it has not been identified but most signs point to it being Somer.

R.I.P. sweet Somer. You can now play and laugh with all of the other children who were wronged by this world. Fly with the angels.

Poor baby....hoping it's not her, especially after seeing the mother on TV this morning, but horrible no matter who it is. No one deserves to be left in a landfill like a piece of trash.

I totally agree. Welcome to websleuths West. Glad to have you.

I really wish they wouldn't report right outside of the family's house. It's disrespectful imo. The reporter is saying that people are still outside, handing out flyers etc., because they haven't heard the news. Well, quit filming them and let them know. Geez!

from live coverage at first coast news http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/livestream/breaking.aspx?storyid=147018&catid=319

they have secured the garbage facility (gates shut... they had been open all day)
numerous csi and other trucks entering thru gates, one truck with large mounted lights

candlelight vigil tonight 1930; wear fushia purple.. it was Somer's favorite color

neighbors not giving up; still have hope; still passing out fliers and hanging them

some neighbors have left to set up bank act. for donations after the news

Took me awhile to get here to the forum when I heard.....I literally got sick to my stomach and had to do something to calm it down.

If I am feeling like this, and didn't even know Somer, I can't even wrap my mind around....I can't even begin to imagine what Somer's Mom and Grandma are going through.
A terrific nightmare that they will never wake from.
OMG, my heart hurts so much for them.

I prayed that this one would turn out different. How did our country get to this point that children are not safe walking home from school. My heart can not stand this. Prayers for the family. I hope and pray that they find who did this.

My own quote brought from the other thread:
I really don't think so at all. I really believe this was the work of a pedophile - just like Tuba's chart. Probably abused and killed her in the area - dumped her body in a dumpster like a piece of trash and left the area. I'm just sick.

Can someone give a link to the first thread? Or give some background on the boyfriend situation? Thanks in advance!

Somer's mom is on the way to the landfill (per first coast live)

eta: they may id her this way as it has not been that long

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90457"]FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am crushed. I almost feel like in these situations once they are gone it is already too late.

Please tell me they are not going to let or make her mother attempt an ID on scene.

She may want to see this now, but she has the rest of her life to remember that moment. I hope they do what they can to clean the body up before making an ID, if visual is possible.

Can someone give a link to the first thread? Or give some background on the boyfriend situation? Thanks in advance!

The boyfriend is Sean Patton. He lives with them (somer and her siblings, and her mom) and since her mom works during the day, Sean is home with them when they get home from school. On Monday, when Somer didn't return home but her brother and sister did, Sean sent them out to look for Somer. After they looked for about an hour, Somers mom called home to check on the kids (at about 4pm) and Sean told her Somer didn't return home. She then rushed home, flagged down a police officer and filed a missing persons report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni