MI MI - Lansing, Grand River, WhtMale 50-99, UP5546, stuck in logjam, abdominal scar & mesh, May'09

mtrooper

Verified SAR
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/5546

I am not able to find much on this case. I did not see any other threads about him either.

Found: May 04, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Estimated age - Adult
Minimum age - 50 years
Maximum age - 99 years
Race - White
Sex - Male
Weight (lbs) - 190, Measured
Height (inch) - 72, Measured
Circumstances of death-
Body found in the Grand River, Delta Township, Lansing, Michigan. Secluded area behind a home on the river. It appears the body was stuck on a "log jam". The remains were in an advanced state of decomposition.

Physical
Head hair short and grey
Left eye color Unknown or Missing
Right eye color Unknown or Missing
Scars and marks- Midline scar of abdomen with "mesh" in anterior abdominal wall.

Clothing on body-
Thermal long-sleeved brand "Canyon" shirt; short-sleeved shirt (size XXL); button-front shirt, brand "Basic Editions" - size L; blue and red plaid boxer-style underwear, size L 38-40; socks

Footwear- Black shoes, size 8-1/2, with Dr. Scholl inserts

Comments- No teeth

The mesh on the abdomen is interesting.
Possible gastric issues? Crohns? Collitis? Something that needed surgery....

Mesh is used frequently for hernias. I wonder if the mesh itself is traceable? It might be possible to find out which local hospitals use that particular kind or brand.

none of the above-listed people are on this UID's rule out list:

did you get any feedback trooper?

for what it is worth the man in the composite looks very Mediterranean/Middle Eastern to me.

none of the above-listed people are on this UID's rule out list:

did you get any feedback trooper?

for what it is worth the man in the composite looks very Mediterranean/Middle Eastern to me.

James Cifaldi's Link is no longer operative

Daniel Hileman, Jonathan Tew, and Newton Simmons have been recovered (according to their LBTH.org pages)

Henry LaPlante and Steven Smith are still listed, but LaPlante had a glass eye which probably would have been found with the remains.

I had not looked at the individuals on Mtrooper's list, just commented that they were not on the rule out list.

the actual info on Cifaldi was that he was not missing until Sept 2008 so he was never a candidate for a match for this UID found in 2004.

p3798637.jpg

Peter Dekoning vs. namus UP#5546

I emailed back to RCMP and the 5546 case manager just see if they were able to compare DNA. I was told in January that there is DNA in BC for Dekoning, and I understand there is DNA in the Michigan State Lab for UP#5546.

No replies yet from the new email (but I only sent it this morning).

There are currently 15 on the rule out list for this UId and Peter Dekoning is not on that list.

Michael Allan 1954 Florida
Leroy Boyd 1941 Minnesota
James Bradford 1942 Arizona
Steven Condon 1960 Arizona
Donald Dietz 1941 Michigan
Donald Dietz Michigan
Michael Hearon 1957 Tennessee
Douglas Henry 1952 Nevada
John Lipuma 1948 Michigan
Fred Miller 1902 Idaho
James Norris 1949 Florida
William Schmidbauer 1943 New Jersey