Pie-splattered comedian Soupy Sales dies at 83

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
RIP Soupy, thanks for the laughs!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=155&sid=8411513

Soupy Sales, the rubber-faced comedian whose anything-for-a-chuckle career was built on 20,000 pies to the face and 5,000 live TV appearances across a half-century of laughs, has died. He was 83.
Sales died at Thursday night at Calvary Hospice in the Bronx, New York, said his former manager and longtime friend, Dave Usher. Sales had many health problems and entered the hospice last week, Usher said.

More at link.

I saw this come across the AP wire at work and announced it on-air. Kinda sad as he was very funny. RIP Soupy!!!!!!

Remember him from my childhood. So many cream pies in the face for him. He was funny.

"I'll probably be remembered for the pies, and that's all right" - Soupy Sales

Soupy Sales, AKA Milton Supman
(Only someone named Milton would prefer the name Soupy.)
January 8, 1926 – October 22, 2009

RIP.

I remember him from my childhood too. Being in the hospital most of the time the two that could always make me laugh no matter what were Soupy Sales and Jerry Lewis.

RIP

In honor of Soupy I'll throw a pie at someone today!
RIP Mr Sales.

How sad. I grew up in Detroit and Soupy was my favorite. If you think about it today take a moment and do the Soupy Shuffle in honor of this
brillant man.

There are many great clips of his show on You Tube.

I, too, remember him from my childhood. He made me laugh. RIP

I remember the Soupy Sales Show and he was frequently on What's My Line and To Tell The Truth. You can catch both on late night Game Show Network reruns.

MV5BNzI5NzIzNjM3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTUzNTU2._V1._SX317_SY400_.jpg

Love this pic!

I remember Saturday mornings and watching him with White Fang and Black Tooth the two puppets who no one but Soupy could understand. He was funny.
Later in my life, as an entertainment reporter, I had the opportunity to do a phone interview with him. He was just as funny in person. When I told him I used to watch him when I was a preteen, he laughed and said "Boy, you are really old!" Love it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back