GUILTY MO - James Edwards for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Kansas City, 2009

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 60-year-old man plied young girls with ice cream and soda spiked with sedatives and made seminude videos of them that he stored in a computer file named "Consuming the Date Rape Drug," authorities said.

James Phillip Edwards of Kansas City was charged Wednesday with one count each of advertising child *advertiser censored* over the Internet, attempted distribution of child *advertiser censored* over the Internet and possession of child *advertiser censored*. He was ordered held without bond.

Edwards' attorney, Travis Poindexter, did not immediately respond to a phone message Thursday seeking comment. A message left on Edwards' home phone was not immediately returned.

Don Ledford, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office for the Western District of Missouri, said Thursday that Edwards might face additional charges and that the investigation was ongoing.

Authorities began investigating Edwards in May for possession of child *advertiser censored* on his home computer, according to court records...............

<much more @ link>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569130,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g4:r4:c0.000000:b-2:z10

The claims HE doesnt believe what he did was wrong(although the fact he was drugging CHILDREN & keeping this a secret shows he knows it is!)! The fact hes so unrepentant should mean,imo,an even stiffer sentence!!! Im annoyed they say the girls (ranging in age from 6-12) are "safe" BUT will not say how he had access to them (on multiple occasions I assume)-that bothers me.I also am curious as to if they are investigating prior acts as at age 60(?)I dont think this is his first foray into depravity(spitting on an unconscious CHILDS face???WTF??):furious:

"(Edwards') view is that society places arbitrary lines (as in age restrictions) around sexual conduct, with which he doesn't agree," assistant U.S. Attorney Katharine Fincham said. "By his own admission, the defendant has been a danger to the community, unchecked, for years."
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009...vertiser censored*-videos/UPI-42711256250702/

So, he thinks drugging grown women and filming them naked wouldn't be considered wrong??? Hope he goes away for good.

This article says he's married to his third wife, I wonder if she has young children?
What a disgusting piece of ^%#$

VB

"(Edwards') view is that society places arbitrary lines (as in age restrictions) around sexual conduct, with which he doesn't agree," assistant U.S. Attorney Katharine Fincham said. "By his own admission, the defendant has been a danger to the community, unchecked, for years."
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009...vertiser censored*-videos/UPI-42711256250702/

So, he thinks drugging grown women and filming them naked wouldn't be considered wrong??? Hope he goes away for good.

That belief system is very NAMBLAish. I wouldn't be surprised if he were a card-carrying member.

Of course. Age restrictions are arbitrary. I wonder at what age he thinks a woman would say, "Sure. Drug me, spit on me, take pictures of my privates." This man is disgusting.

Wow. How do you rehabilitate something like that? I don't see any scenario where a guy like this should ever taste freedom again.

Well, this is of concern. I'd almost forgotten about Mr. Edwards. The Mohler case, just two weeks later kind of eclipsed this one. Some new information has come out and I'm sure worried that Mr. Edwards might be somehow connected with several other arrests in the Kansas City area. We've had quite a rash of arrests and indictments in the Kansas City, Independence, Blue Springs. Just Hmmmmm. For those who've followed the Mohler case, you know we've discussed the possibility of "date rape drugs" ie GHB. Very very scary. The article goes on to say that it has not been released how Mr. Edwards accessed the children. We'll need to check into that.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2010/edwards.ind2.htm

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/08/1866121/man-faces-more-child-*advertiser censored*.html

Man faces more child *advertiser censored* charges

"A south Kansas City man jailed since October on child *advertiser censored* charges is facing new allegations that he drugged and abused multiple children.

James Phillip Edwards was charged Wednesday in a 21-count indictment alleging that between 2001 and 2005, he used 13 children to produce or attempt to produce child *advertiser censored*. The indictment alleges he drugged five of the victims with sleeping pills to facilitate the abuse.

Edwards, 60, concealed the drugs in ice cream and soda, previously filed court documents allege. Edwards then abused the victims and videotaped the abuse, the documents allege....."

more at link

Just...horrible. Disgusting. Praying for this little girls and their families. Him being stupid enough to film it hopefully seals his fate.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110316/us_nm/us_icecream_molester_1

Missouri man guilty of lacing ice cream, molesting girls

"A Missouri man who lured children to his home by hosting ice cream-eating contests was found guilty on Wednesday of drugging and sexually molesting more than a dozen young girls -- and then posting videos of the assaults on the Internet.

James Phillip Edwards, 61, of Kansas City pleaded no contest in federal court to 12 counts of producing child *advertiser censored*, one count of attempting to produce child *advertiser censored*, and five counts of distributing a controlled substance to the victims without their knowledge in order to facilitate a crime of violence...."

and

"....Edwards used ice cream and soft drinks laced with prescription sleep aids to drug 13 victims, all girls aged 6 to 13, in the basement of his southside home between 2001 and 2005. Edwards then allegedly molested his unconscious victims and used the webcam on his computer to videotape the assaults...."

more at link

There's a youtube video which shows Edwards' house. I don't want to try to imbed it so just search for:

"Prosecutors: Man Drugged Girls With Ice Cream"

Looking at photos of Edwards, I'd be shocked if he didn't play Santa at one point. FWIW, his photo doesn't seem in the least bit creepy to me. That, in itself, is unnerving.

Being that we know that the Mohler girls most likely were drugged in some fashion, due to the charges, one has to wonder if this man might have crossed paths with any of the Mohler men. They all live in same general area.

From wfgodot's link:

"....Edwards allegedly told investigators that he didn't see anything wrong with what he did, and in a videotaped statement, he admitted giving the sedative to "multiple minor girls" between the ages of 6 and 12. "His view is that society places arbitrary lines (as in age restrictions) around sexual conduct, with which he doesn't agree...."

more at link

Well, OK then, it's pretty clear to me that if one refuses to follow society's rules, one is out of the pool.

I'm assuming that this man is not connected with Philip Greaves who wrote the infamous "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure" which was only pulled by Amazon after threat of a major boycott? I wouldn't be shocked to learn that knew each other...like minds and all.

Has anyone been able to determine just what Edwards did prior to his arrest, besides assaulting children. His name is so common, he's hard to sleuth. I'm really wondering how he accessed these children--family, neighbors, volunteer work, church?

This is giving me a migraine.

How? How did these kids go home and not seem drugged? I am not blaming anyone other than this demented, vile, nutter, but wouldn't these kids be woozy?

Izzy I will try and find out what he did for a living or didn't do, but my head hurts too much right now.

Funny but I thought my headache was caused by superlunar things and seizures. Maybe it's pedophile overload implosion (POI), if you have it too.

Seriously, how did these children escape notice by their parents? There's mention of a third wife and I'm very worried that these might be young female relatives. It's possible if a mother worked certain hours and came home to children sleeping at normal times that this could escape notice. On second thought, wouldn't the little girls have infections and physical issues that they'd wonder about. Being that no mental grooming or threatening was done, they wouldn't be afraid to report physical changes, I wouldn't think.

My brain just keeps trying to wrap around this thing. Even if the little girls have no conscious memory, will their bodies "remember"?

Thank God they didn't have to testify and that it was all there on video.

There's a few more details here:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/16/2730984/man-kept-detailed-records-of-his.html

"....Prosecutors said that all of the molestations charged in this case occurred in Edwards&#8217; south Kansas City home between 2001 and 2005. However, Edwards suggested that the charges did not encompass all of his crimes against children.

&#8220;We just moved there in 1999 and I started this in 1997,&#8221; Edwards said.

Edwards also disagreed with Fincham&#8217;s suggestion that two incriminating interviews he voluntarily gave to investigators amounted to confessions. &#8220;I told people what I did, but I didn&#8217;t consider it a confession,&#8221; Edwards said. &#8220;I just told the truth.&#8221;

[Assistant US Attorney, Katharine] Fincham reported that in one of the interviews, Edwards said that girls ages 9 to 11 were his sexual preference, &#8220;although he said he doesn&#8217;t see any age group as being out of bounds.....&#8221;

more at link

So where all has this man lived?????? There simply has to be other victims.

So is Ambien really considered a "date rape drug"? That's the med that Edwards admitted giving these girls but he had a file labeled "Consuming the Date Rape Drug". In my experience, GHB and Rohypnol (roofies) are the drugs of choice. Both of those drugs are amnesiacs.

I know that Ambien is a sedative but is it also an amnesiac? If it is, I wonder if all the people who take it, know that fact?

Yep, it is. A college newspaper article from 2006:

http://www.diamondbackonline.com/2.2795/students-encounter-dangerous-date-rape-drug-1.287280

"....The drug that produced these frightening effects was Ambien, a popular prescription sleep aid that is increasingly being abused as a recreational drug. But officials warn it can have dangerous effects as well. According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, Ambien is quickly overtaking illegal sedatives as the most common date-rape drug...."

and

"...With more than 250,000 prescriptions written in the last year, Ambien is more accessible to predators than Rohypnol, or "roofies," and its side effects when mixed with alcohol open the door to sexual assault.
Because of its lack of taste, Ambien can easily be added to drinks...."

more at link

ETA: This article is from 2006--around the time that Edwards was assaulting the children. However, I don't see a lot of newer articles about Ambien being used as a date rape drug. I see articles about rare incidents of amnesia and Ambien. I wonder if the formula changed or if this needs further investigation? I distinctly remember that two special needs foster children came to our home with prescriptions for Ambien. We got permission to try more exercise and a simple cup of herb tea and Dreamstarters (short and sweet stories I've always written to help my children sleep) at bedtime. Within a month, they were off the Ambien. It just didn't seem healthy for teens. It's awfully scary for me to think about people being on this medication if it truly causes the level of amnesia described in the articles about Edwards and in the college newspaper.

Wow, I do not see this man ever being rehabilitated. Gross beyond words!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back